Best Strength Weapon

Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Best Strength Weapon

Post by Avenger649 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:29 pm

My personal favorite strength weapon is the demon's great machete but with it's incredibly high weight it doesn't really deserve to be the best.
    I believe that the best weapon is entirely subjective and so there is no point in trying to classify one as the best.
    Furthermore the great scythe is not the best dex weapon, especially not when buffed. The halberd beats that in my opinion (if you classify it as a dex weapon) especially with the leo ring regardless of what ENB says.

Also, Jansports, that comment is in my opinion incredibly childish and irrelevant to the topic, I would rather you didn't insult other members of the forum. If the mods think that last comment was out of place here they are free to remove it.

Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:35 pm

GSoA.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 pm

He mention he thinking of using Smough Greathammer, but he isn't final on that statement. I personally think MSGS/DGM are the best strength. MSGS one hand attacks seem the be the fastest of the GS.

He is not going to use Grant in this playthrough because he isn't going to get to 30 faith for this playthrough.
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Jansports wrote:Rynn is far too narrow minded when selecting what is the "Skilless" weapon. I saw that when he declared the Spear as the most skillless

The least skilled weapon depends on what you're looking for,
    DPS? Go with the CMW Curved sword
    Damage per hit? Zaphander Chaosmore and some big str thing top the charts. Swing them once and you'll never disagree again.

Versatility? The Flamberge is genuinely the most skilless Dex weapon, but it sounds like he might go "LOL IT LOOKS LIKE A STRENGTH LETS INCLUDE IT!" If he doesn't, I anticipate he'd call the SKS or Partizan most skillless

Weight? Is he even thinking of weight?
    So is your only purpose with this post to belittle me? Because it seems like that's the case, and if that's true, then I kindly request you simply steer your distance instead of buzzing in my ear like the annoying masquito you've been.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't get it, but it's still funny.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm

psychichobo wrote:How much Dex leeway is allowed here? Some weapons are mostly strength based but have a small dex requirement, like many of the BK Weapons.

small dex requirement? lol
    by the way the zwei/gs are not str weapons, theyre more quality than anything. so i dont know why people keep mantioning them, yes they're very good but you need 40 dex and str to be used to their full potential. bk weapons are awesome but the hight dex requirement kinda blows and imo are not true str weapons.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Shindori wrote:

Thank you! At least one person knows how great is the GSoA!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 pm

I did say it was a doomsday device. That's a compliment, right?..
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Carphil wrote:

Do you mean the quality weapon that requires an entire build centered around it, or the Str/Dex/Faith variant? Neither of those strike me as strength weapons, and this is exactly what I was complaining about in the OP: It's a big *** sword, it must be a strength weapon.
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the large club. Buffed with a rotten resin you've got poison in one hit in most cases. The 1h r2 is great for wake-ups and dead angling as well, and has great range.

Also gotta go with hand axe at a close second, just for its speed and deceptively high damage output silly

GFWL / XBL GT: high rev0ltage (yeah that's a zero) - Steam ID: Revoltage
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Brigade wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

Do you mean the quality weapon that requires an entire build centered around it, or the Str/Dex/Faith variant? Neither of those strike me as strength weapons, and this is exactly what I was complaining about in the OP: It's a big *** sword, it must be a strength weapon.

I'm just joking, you'd be surprise on how many "Whats the best weapon?" threads out there.

If you want a serious answer, is this: none.

The best STR weapon is the one you actually enjoy using it, like the looks of it and get used to its moveset.

A Hand Axe is so viable as a Demons machette in the hands of a good player.

Edit: and Cop, I think so...

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Actually, Black knight Weapons only require 18 dex and have D or E scaling for Dex, to claim they have high dex requirements is sort of funny.
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Rynn wrote:Actually, Black knight Weapons only require 18 dex and have D or E scaling for Dex, to claim they have high dex requirements is sort of funny.

They have similar scaling to the hand axe, which everyone seems to have unanimously decided is a strength weapon. That should be good enough to qualify all of them except the halberd as strength weapons.

Just a side note: You'd be surprised how early you can start dishing out triple digit numbers. I made a youtube video where the first thing I did was grab the Great Club. If you start the game as a warrior or cleric, you can two hand that thing straight out of the tutorial. You can even make the entire trip to it without dying and bone your way out (assuming you don't get hit by a blowdart).
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Rynn wrote:Actually, Black knight Weapons only require 18 dex and have D or E scaling for Dex, to claim they have high dex requirements is sort of funny.

ITs actually a lot imo, enough to make you do a build around those weapons. Of course you can still use the true str weapons but then it feels like you wasted all those points in dex, might as well make a quality build.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Jansports wrote:Rynn is far too narrow minded when selecting what is the "Skilless" weapon. I saw that when he declared the Spear as the most skillless

Damage per hit? Zaphander Chaosmore and some big str thing top the charts. Swing them once and you'll never disagree again.

Versatility? The Flamberge is genuinely the most skilless Dex weapon, but it sounds like he might go "LOL IT LOOKS LIKE A STRENGTH LETS INCLUDE IT!" If he doesn't, I anticipate he'd call the SKS or Partizan most skillless

So is your only purpose with this post to belittle me? Because it seems like that's the case, and if that's true, then I kindly request you simply steer your distance instead of buzzing in my ear like the annoying masquito you've been.

Merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to complain that someone else expressed his opinion on a topic. When you yourself make no qualms about expressing yours
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:43 am

Animaaal wrote:I'll wait for Wyrm to chime in a base my decisions on whatever it is he says regarding the matter.

Wyrm = strength pro.

lol. Got here late because of general discussion. PvP guys. Anyway the best Str weapon is the DGM. It wins over the Great Club because of stunlock, a characteristic that all Str weapons should have due to slow swings.

The thing also has a very good roll attack. It can be used by medium roll tanks and fast roll builds alike due to versatility in moveset, something that is rare in most Str weapons (useless R2s). And me GC vs Rant DGM has proven that DGM wins in that fight.

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 am

I see a lot of confusion and debate here so I'm just gonna put my 2 cents in again.

If a weapon scales with STR, DEX, INT and FTH, it belongs to all those groups. Thats final. Its not a STR, a DEX, A FTH or an INT weapon. It's all of them. Requirements do not decide what group it belongs to because we could have a weapon that requires 30 STR and scales S with DEX (Why, idk but it could happen. silly game devs.)

Now... if you want to classify a weapon.. why not go with what scales it the best or what build would benefit the most out of it? Say... the GSoA. What I believe this should be classified as is an INT or FTH weapon, since those are its highest scalings. See what I mean?

then you have weapons like the Abyss greatsword. It has requirements from both Dex and Str. What do we do there? Both have the same scaling, but one has higher requirement than the other. Well.. that's up to the player. Are you a STR build and want to use it as your weapon, so you spend a bit on dex? then its a STR weapon. Are you a dex build and spend a lil extra on str because you like the moveset? Then it's a dex weapon!

what im getting at is, theres many points as to how to classify a weapon, but ultimately it comes to the build and the player.

Post by Tnamaid on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:08 am

Jansports wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

Merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to complain that someone else expressed his opinion on a topic. When you yourself make no qualms about expressing yours

i love rynn, his opinions and posts rlly makes me laugh. makes my day big grin
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 am

Tnamaid wrote:
    Jansports wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

i love rynn, his opinions and posts rlly makes me laugh. makes my day big grin
    Rynn's a guy...? I thought Rynn was a girl.. o_o WHAT ARE YOU, RYNN?!

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 am

Shindori wrote:Requirements do not decide what group it belongs to because we could have a weapon that requires 30 STR and scales S with DEX (Why, idk but it could happen. silly game devs.)
    You mean like the Muramoka with it's C/S/X/X scaling? 28 strength requirement.

Jansports wrote:
    Then you are expressing your opinion in the rudest and silliest manner I've ever seen. Just as you don't agree with my opinion, I don't agree with yours. I don't believe there can be a best weapon because ll weapons have different strengths: Speed, Damage, Poise Break, Range, Buffability, Bleed Potential, Weight, Stamina cost per swing... all of these are factors to how good or bad a weapon is. All Epic decided mattered was DPS in his last video, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again here, when it's too narrow of a scope of what makes a weapon powerful or not.

Shindori wrote:
    Rynn's a guy...? I thought Rynn was a girl.. o_o WHAT ARE YOU, RYNN?!
    I'm a gal.
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

...Hand Axe

The Pantheon
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 am

Just started a strength build. Reinforced club to begin with, then went for the large club in blight town. So far, so good. Just arrived in Anor Londo and first 2 sentinels dropped giant shield and giants halberd. Still in the sl45 range, so my STR stat is still 5 points lower than needed to try that halberd ( scales on STR)

Is it a good strength weapon?
    Loving the large club/ reinforced club combo. Deals great damage and is fun to use.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm

To be honest, any weapon that has a scaling for Dex AND Strength is best with 40-odd in both. Ever seen what the Gold Tracer does with those stats? It's sickening.

There's also weapons with funky additional abilities. Look at the Stone Greatsword's TWOP ability, or the options for bleed and poison. Golem Axe's shockwave too. Finally, some weapons are awesome even when you're just focusing on Strength - Arty's greatsword is still very powerful if you have good strength and minimum required stats for Dex, Int, and Faith.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Best Strength Weapon?

Great Lord Greatsword obviously.

Either that or the Dragonbone Smasher.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm