Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
GrinTwist
psychichobo
densetsushun
User1
BIG TIME MASTER
AnCapaillMor
Animaaal
skarekrow13
Hue
Serious_Much
retro
15 posters

The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited.

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited. Empty The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited.

Post by retro Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:20 pm

I was doing more testing on the mechanics of soft-humanity-acquisition, and found an interesting exception.

The first Crystal Hollow you kill after exiting the Duke's Archives prison always rewards a soft-humanity the first time you're there. It ignores the point buildup of the invisible "humanity meter" that is normally required otherwise, granting you a free soft-humanity as a gift.

I find this interesting because at first I thought it was a glitch, but then realized it must've been put in the game as compensation for the first Seath encounter. Their thought process was probably something like this- Think the forced death was unfair? Well, here's an easy and almost unavoidable-way to get some humanity back.

However, this can be exploited for easy soft-humanity farming. Perhaps with the addition of the warpable bonfire in 1.06, the game treats warps into Duke's Archives as a "fresh" visit. Meaning after warping into Duke's archives, if Seath is still alive, you can kill the first hollow you see for a soft humanity, every time. It's like the game thinks you're breaking out of the prison every time you warp. EDIT: You have to warp into Duke's from the Undead Parish bonfire.

Normally the method of killing enemies before a boss is dead allows for up to 10 soft-humanity to be obtained, but the warp trick in Duke's Archives ignores this. I just got 15 humanity warping in and out of Duke's Archives a bunch of times.

There is a video here of someone doing the humanity-warp glitch:
    https://youtu.be/fc0MMb84sn4

But here's several videos that shows how it was put into the game to normally give the free humanity when you first escape the prison:
    https://youtu.be/7kfpKItfK7w?t=10m01s (10 minutes in)
    https://youtu.be/MGJxshvgek4?t=17m15s (17:15 in)
    https://youtu.be/dViCPfxy-3U?t=20m30s  (20:30)

Last edited by retro on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited. Empty Re: The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited.

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

interesting.. this makes the idea of getting 99 humanity much less horrendous..
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited. Empty Re: The 1st Hollow you kill after exiting Duke's prison always rewards a soft-humanity. This is independent of how other soft-humanity is rewarded, and can be exploited.

Post by Hue Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:interesting.. this makes the idea of getting 99 humanity much less horrendous..

Chasm of the Abyss
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

What's all this then?

Damn From thought of pretty much everything. Wow!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, I'll be using this this week I'm sure.

Thanks again.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Feck could've used this last night when i screwed up in dukes.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I am not playing anymore, but this deserves a +1.
    Who would've thunk there was still mysteries to be discovered?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I never knew that, yet I did notice a guaranteed +1 humanity after breaking out. I just never knew where it came from. Thank you for the information.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Does it still work if you've defeated Seathe?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:15 pm

As mentioned beforehand, unfortunately not.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 pm

I was wondering about this specific instance, but I suppose it works the same as any other soft humanity farming does. sad
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Only, it's a bit faster, and more reliable.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hmm, this might be something worth exploiting. I do need a means of feeding Kaathe...
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Awesome +1 for the post. This will help a lot for PVP builds.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 am

Amazing how people are still finding things even now. Although I'm not sure from intended this to be farmable in this way, it is pretty useful to know.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 am

Nice find. I love these soft humanity research. Thanks for the job big grin

But I agree on Zechk, the farming of it should be considered an exploit :|
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:52 am

Wow. I never realized this. Next playthrough I'll use this. (I won't exploit it, but if I get invaded and killed, I'm definitely getting my humanity back!)
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Who would've thunk there was still mysteries to be discovered?
    I was happy to figure out what was going on. It is surprising that the game still offers some secrets, however obscure. big grin

Other players had already discovered the 'free humanity' glitch, but the exact circumstances or cause for it weren't known. Players, on their way to Seath, noticed the Crystal Hollow underneath the staircase near the exit to the forest area kept rewarding a soft-humanity. Then they figured out that warping was what allowed it to happen over and over.

From there, I found out that it worked on seemingly any hollow, not just that one. I was testing the soft-humanity point system and got a free humanity from the same hollow as well, but only because I ran through the whole level without killing any enemies first. My first guess was that maybe the first Crystal Hollow killed in the level rewards a free humanity for some reason, but then I looked up a couple playthroughs on youtube and saw that the first hollows killed in the Archives didn't give anything. Then I fast forwarded to when the player(s) were leaving the prison, and found that it kept happening there.

If you warp into The Duke's Archives and run all the way back into the prison, the Crystal Hollows there won't give you the humanity. It has to be outside the prison area.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Great discovery. +1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm