Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+86
Erebos
Zeta Prime
DaemonNacht
MosquitoPower
ResIsBestStat
AnCapaillMor
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Odinbear
Jester's Tears
chantienyee
The_Red_Drifter
befowler
Automancer
Ashran
Relbaic
WaLKA
Marino.
Zyrrashijn
hey its andres
Quarik
Elifia
User1
Hue
Werdax
CarverUpqik
Kyuseishu
Lord Ivan
Flankydizzle
General Bale
gmwdim
Dandy Dude
GaryBlevins
Razz
galson
Dogwelder
raecor14
GravelordTarkus
Baal-Avatar
shadowzninjaz
JamieJae
ninjashifty
Dragon Hat
DemonOfFate
Latitoast
Veradox
BIG TIME MASTER
Ezlare
fujiphoenix
XachAttack
Tchuwib
Naxek
KrazykevS10
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Dusk Soul
ublug
Djem
GenericUsername
LK-8912
EeAyEss
The Letter X
Mr. Tart
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
defacto
Nybbles
Green__Eagle
Muker
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
Acarnatia
Mike5005005
lextune
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
psychichobo
NPCWhiteMage
DeathlyLemons
Peaceful Wollyhop
morte
MistahrFox
Sentiel
Rynn
PlasticandRage
Carphil
WandererReece
Zephryl
90 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm talking about the dragon in the burg on the first encounter, when it briefly lands and flies away, and you only have one shot at it (since the dragon moves on to the parish).
    You'll have to enter the burg from the parish or up the stairs from havel, then make the invader chase you towards the burg entrance. The dragon is triggered at the entrance to the small house with the throwing daggers on top. Don't know how much damage it does, but it one-shots a new character if you run right into it.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Dusk Soul Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:38 pm

People can use DLC stuff against you even if you don't have it. An invader in Undead Burg used Dark Bead on me as I was bowing (¬ ¬).

The well near the Firelink Shrine bonfire is bottomless, I accidentaly jumped into it when coming from the Parish Shortcut
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:People can use DLC stuff against you even if you don't have it. An invader in Undead Burg used Dark Bead on me as I was bowing (¬ ¬).

I don't think I've ever played a game where other players couldn't use DLC weapons and items in online though. Also I don't even bother PvPing in the burg anymore, that place might as well be filled with forest invaders.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I was just passing through the Burg with a low level character (SL 25-ish) when I got invaded. Shrug
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:People can use DLC stuff against you even if you don't have it. An invader in Undead Burg used Dark Bead on me as I was bowing (¬ ¬).

DLC people can also drop stuff to non-DLC people, and the non-DLC people can use them.

The Giant Blacksmith will also give non-DLC people the option to make DLC weapons even though it's impossible without DLC souls.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm

WandererReece wrote:

DLC people can also drop stuff to non-DLC people, and the non-DLC people can use them.

The Giant Blacksmith will also give non-DLC people the option to make DLC weapons even though it's impossible without DLC souls.

Really? This makes me think that DkS was rushed and that AotA was meant to be part of the original package.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

To clarify: He will not give you the option until you download patch 1.06. That's because 1.06 is the AotA. The DLC you download is just a small file that lets you access it. I think it's just 100KB.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh.....that makes more sense. Still, I do think that some things were cut out of the game in the end, although that always happens in the end.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 pm

You can trade for DLC weapons, armor and souls, but the only spell you can access is pursuers (by trading the soul of Manus to Snuggly).
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 am

Dusk Soul wrote:The well near the Firelink Shrine bonfire is bottomless, I accidentaly jumped into it when coming from the Parish Shortcut
    Actually, if you equip the covenant of Artorias and jump into the well, it will bring you straight into the 4 kings bossfight! It's so bottomless it leads to the abyss.
    Spoiler:
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 am

Speaking of the dragon on the bridge - and apologies if this has been emntioned before - I started a new game and skipped the entrance through the undead burg and the Taurus demon and went through the garden instead and got to the bridge and the dragon never appeared.. in fact still hasn't. I guess he might if I activate his arrival in undead burg... no?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 am

As an invader, the fire from the Burg Dragon will damage you (kill you at times) and same goes for the poison from the dragon in the PW. But, you won't take damage from the large firebombs in Sen's.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am

reim0027 wrote:As an invader, the fire from the Burg Dragon will damage you (kill you at times) and same goes for the poison from the dragon in the PW. But, you won't take damage from the large firebombs in Sen's.

I had an invader be killed by the large firebomb in Sen's. It was quite tricky picking up his souls.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 am

Halicarnassis wrote:Speaking of the dragon on the bridge - and apologies if this has been emntioned before - I started a new game and skipped the entrance through the undead burg and the Taurus demon and went through the garden instead and got to the bridge and the dragon never appeared.. in fact still hasn't. I guess he might if I activate his arrival in undead burg... no?

I had that same thing happen. I ran to the Sunlaight Alter bonfire, quit, and reloaded. Then the dragon disappeared. When I noticed this I ran up and down the whole bridge multiple times, but he never showed. I even tried reloading my game again.

I finally got him to come back by entereing the bridge area from the Lower Burg. I was glad, because I thought I had permanently glitched him out of existance.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am

Rynn wrote:In one of my streams I demonstrated it doesn't even do 500 damage.

If you think I'm going to watch 20 hours of streaming a day just to keep up with all your discoveries you have another think coming. big grin Seriously though, do a greatest hits compilation set to Rocky montage music.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 am

befowler wrote:
    Rynn wrote:In one of my streams I demonstrated it doesn't even do 500 damage.

If you think I'm going to watch 20 hours of streaming a day just to keep up with all your discoveries you have another think coming. big grin Seriously though, do a greatest hits compilation set to Rocky montage music.
    I know, that's why I was pointing it out here.
    I did 470 to the iron boar and 340 to the small hollows.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 am

While I was waiting to be summoned on the Duke's Balcony, I found that I can kill the archer that is on the bookcase while I was standing behind the bonfire. Oh, while using a crossbow.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 am

Green__Eagle wrote:While I was waiting to be summoned on the Duke's Balcony, I found that I can kill the archer that is on the bookcase while I was standing behind the bonfire. Oh, while using a crossbow.

Has there ever been a more annoyingly placed NPC in a game? Good place to duel and then you remember you forgot that git.

People proably already know but a dark vagrant appears on the opposite bookshelf every now and then, ****er got me once as i was 3 feet from the bonfire.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:Has there ever been a more annoyingly placed NPC in a game?
    Yes, the god damned spear hollow under the dragon bridge really gets on my nerves, his placement also makes most weapons hit the wall instead of him.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 am

Just parry him, possible one of the easiest guys in the game to parry the windup on the thrust is ridiculous.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 am

I've recently taken to purposefully rebounding my weaps off their shields so I can parry their attacks, but before that the best way I've found to dispatch of that one is to kick him off, or enough that he's hanging on the edge so he rebounds to his death. The second option is particularly funny because you get to see him flail to death.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 am

I just discovered that the Fang Boars have a plunge attack animation. Did 660 damage with a regular Zwei +2. It did not survive. Does that make them the only enemy with both a backstab and plunge attack animation?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:15 pm

^ You can do a plunge attack on any enemy. The only requirement is you have to be on a ledge above them. I've done plunge attacks on some hollow soldiers in the burg.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:15 pm

ublug wrote:
    Yes, the god damned spear hollow under the dragon bridge really gets on my nerves, his placement also makes most weapons hit the wall instead of him.

that's because you have cry out "SPARTA" and kick his *** off the ledge.

the worst placed NPC has got to be either the gold crystal golem on the narrow path in the crystal caves or the snipers in anor londo.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 pm

The faith using giants in Anor Londo. If you're playing by yourself, then you have to kill them to summon Solaire and get him to the boss unharmed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am