Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Werdax
Mr. Tart
Hue
JoeBroski09
Hugh_G_Johnson
Acarnatia
Slarg232
Maneater_Mildred
Dibsville
13 posters

My first playthrough of Dark Souls

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

My first playthrough of Dark Souls Empty My first playthrough of Dark Souls

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

My first playthrough of Dark Souls 10132011level1_thumb
    My first playthrough of Dark Souls Tumblr_lugpz034Qf1qd5fbyo1_500
    My first playthrough of Dark Souls Tumblr_m9exwkjUdI1r1hsfeo1_500
    My first playthrough of Dark Souls Tumblr_ly14iv2uuw1qb618ko1_500
    My first playthrough of Dark Souls Tumblr_mg15fuUWBk1rfffuso1_500
    My first playthrough of Dark Souls Tumblr_mcwvtzBvp31r1effxo1_500
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

My first playthrough of Dark Souls Empty Re: My first playthrough of Dark Souls

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Dibsville wrote:My first playthrough of Dark Souls 10132011level1_thumb

That is awesome, the perfect soul style walkthrough guide.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Huh, I always kill Smough first. Just find Ornstein easier to deal with superfied.

Also, that last one, when the boss is the same size as you, is one of the truest things to happen with games like this. The larger bosses are easy, but the smaller they get is when they get harder. Wonder why that is....
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 am

Because the large bosses usually have wide attacks that are easy to dodge that present wide openings.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 am

I believe he was referring to the design of the bosses, not the actual mechanics of the fight.

lol! at the walkthrough. Personally, I agree with the tough guys. Super Ornstein is a beast. He has a move useful and diverse move set and he's well, lightning quick. :roll: He's quite annoying in co-op, because he tends to teleport from here to there. And sometimes back again, like they caught the mistake and are trying to put him back where he's supposed to be... Well What is it
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 am

I always do Super O just because Super S has bigger range with his butt slam.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:I always do Super O just because Super S has bigger range with his butt slam.

This

Also, smaller bosses are harder because they are much, much faster
    Look at Celosia and Cenobia in SotC, they are neigh impossible to dodge
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 am

The first time i fought O&S i already knew about Ornstein being "harder" so i went with super Smough.

This is why i do not take advice.

After several ragequits i tried Ornstein. I didn't even take any damage. Well What is it
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 am

I usually prefer to fight Super Ornstein, specifically because he is so much cooler then Smough.
    I would also claim he is easier then super Smough, but I can tell for sure.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am

Mr. Tart wrote:The first time i fought O&S i already knew about Ornstein being "harder" so i went with super Smough.

This is why i do not take advice.

After several ragequits i tried Ornstein. I didn't even take any damage. Well What is it

I have similar feelings towards getting by the silver knight archers. Every piece of advice I've ever got about how to get by those guys totally sucks. I secretly suspect that I'm the only one ever to get by them solo... :suspect: :suspect: silly
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 am

Hachouma wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:I always do Super O just because Super S has bigger range with his butt slam.

This

Also, smaller bosses are harder because they are much, much faster
    Look at Celosia and Cenobia in SotC, they are neigh impossible to dodge

Oh Cenobia...once he hits you ONE FREAKING TIME its all over.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:10 pm

I also find Super Ornstein easier than Super Smough. That lightning butt-slam from Super Smough is...ugh. After a lot of practice I'm able to dodge it okay now, but that move (plus the running hammer attack) still poses a bigger threat to me than anything Super-Ornstein does.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm

Whoever drew that first image, please share with us the rest of the games "levels" in the same manner. That's so awesome.

If there was going to be an official game guide, that's how I would want it to be. Like some old map with sea monsters on the oceans and heroes and battles on the land, and things like "Here there be monsters" or "That place where no light can glow". It's perfect.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Whoever drew that first image, please share with us the rest of the games "levels" in the same manner. That's so awesome.

If there was going to be an official game guide, that's how I would want it to be. Like some old map with sea monsters on the oceans and heroes and battles on the land, and things like "Here there be monsters" or "That place where no light can glow". It's perfect.

+1 I would so love a full game guide in this style.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Actually, you know what? I'm gonna do that.

I'll draw a "guide" of each level and take pictures and post em throughout the week.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Actually, you know what? I'm gonna do that.

I'll draw a "guide" of each level and take pictures and post em throughout the week.

Omg yes. Sorry out of up rep for the day, but will owe you like 9000 up votes if you do this. Prostration

Make them good as I will print them out and wallpaper my room with them. Praise the Sun 100% serious!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Well, I can draw good enough. I will do them similar to that style. Just kind of a simple sketch, like an adventurer in the field might make.

The problem will be that I will just have to take a picture with my camera and then put it on the computer. I don't have a scanner. We'll see how the quality ends up.

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Well, I can draw good enough. I will do them similar to that style. Just kind of a simple sketch, like an adventurer in the field might make.

The problem will be that I will just have to take a picture with my camera and then put it on the computer. I don't have a scanner. We'll see how the quality ends up.

Please do so, I'll add them in here if you would allow me to. big grin
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I did Ornstein first, first time round. Nowadays I do Smough, cos of the more useful armour/weapon and the ring.

Mind you, Super Smough is fairly easy 1v1, whereas Super Ornstein annihilates you. Super Smough wrecks groups though, whilst Super Orn just seems to panic and get lost between targets.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 pm

psychichobo wrote:I did Ornstein first, first time round. Nowadays I do Smough, cos of the more useful armour/weapon and the ring.

Mind you, Super Smough is fairly easy 1v1, whereas Super Ornstein annihilates you. Super Smough wrecks groups though, whilst Super Orn just seems to panic and get lost between targets.
    Yes. Super Orn is easier in a group, where as Super Smough is easier solo.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 pm

I just did Super Smough on my strength character, and, luckily, I had a nice sorcerer with me. He and I both did pretty awesome damage because the Golem Axe's range attack does pretty nice damage.

I think Smough is WAY easier if you have 2 smart people just trading hits with him. Ornstein is scary as heck when he teleports. He can switch targets and wreck someone on a lag. Where Smough just turns back and forth between the two, confused as to what he should do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am