Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Share
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

    Hello folks,

    I want to beat the skeletons in the room with the divine ember in tomb of the giants!

    I have no clue how to deal with all the big skeletons in this room! There are 5 of it!
    Ok, I have the divine ember, but I died of corse!

    Is there a way / strategy to fight all thoses skeletons as a melee guy?

    thanks!

    best wishes
    avatar
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by ublug on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:53 pm

    I ususally use a ring of sacrifice if I have any souls & humanity worth keeping, then I jump over the ladder and drop down from the ledge right above the ember. If I fight them I either use fireballs from the top or a plunging attack after I aggro a bunch of them.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:59 pm

    Suicide run for me too. You could always stay up top, draw them near, and snipe them.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:18 pm

    Ring of fog so you only have to fight them in 1 or 2s, stable shield of your choice, pyro or fire weapon.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 23

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by GenericUsername on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:33 pm

    Butt ton of poise and two hand an elemental ultra GS
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by LunarFog on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

    Hidden body spell+slumbering dragoncrest ring/Hush spell. The skeletons won't notice you unless you literally touch them.

    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:18 am

    GenericUsername wrote:Butt ton of poise and two hand an elemental ultra GS

    What means are available to "butt" this "poise"?
    "Poise" - is this to be seen in the character screen?
    Sorry for my stupid questions but I have the german version of the game and I'm not quite sure what poise is!
    But since I have only 25 in strength I'm not able to carry an ultra Great Sword.
    I have 40 Dex, 35 Vitality, 15 Intelligence.

    Among others I have the Silver Knight Sword+5 (my favorite), the Quelaag Fury Sword+5 (was my favorite before the silver knight sword), the Lifehunt scythe (what I consider **** because I get bleeding myself), Lightning spear+4, Lightning Falichon+5, crystal halberd.

    thx anyway
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Hue on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:44 am

    Micha369 wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:Butt ton of poise and two hand an elemental ultra GS

    What means are available to "butt" this "poise"?
    "Poise" - is this to be seen in the character screen?
    Sorry for my stupid questions but I have the german version of the game and I'm not quite sure what poise is!
    But since I have only 25 in strength I'm not able to carry an ultra Great Sword.
    I have 40 Dex, 35 Vitality, 15 Intelligence.

    Among others I have the Silver Knight Sword+5 (my favorite), the Quelaag Fury Sword+5 (was my favorite before the silver knight sword), the Lifehunt scythe (what I consider **** because I get bleeding myself), Lightning spear+4, Lightning Falichon+5, crystal halberd.

    thx anyway

    Poise is a stat on the top right of the stat screen
    It defines how many hits you can take before being staggered, you can increase it by wearing heavy armor, the wolf ring, or Iron Flesh

    25 str is enough to use the Zweihander, which you probably found near the start of the game, it has the longest range of ultra greatswords, and knocks the giant skeletons down every time you hit them

    This is the Zweihander, just in case the german name is different for some reason (now THAT would be really stupid)


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 am

    I usually pull them with any ranged weapon i have(i do not climb down). They will all gather below you, going crazy, so i two-hand my weapon and do a plunging attack. As long as you have a well upgraded weapon, this strategy does wonders.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 am

    Hello Hachouma and all others,

    Hachouma wrote:
    Micha369 wrote:
    GenericUsername wrote:Butt ton of poise and two hand an elemental ultra GS

    What means are available to "butt" this "poise"?
    "Poise" - is this to be seen in the character screen?
    Sorry for my stupid questions but I have the german version of the game and I'm not quite sure what poise is!
    But since I have only 25 in strength I'm not able to carry an ultra Great Sword.
    I have 40 Dex, 35 Vitality, 15 Intelligence.

    Among others I have the Silver Knight Sword+5 (my favorite), the Quelaag Fury Sword+5 (was my favorite before the silver knight sword), the Lifehunt scythe (what I consider **** because I get bleeding myself), Lightning spear+4, Lightning Falichon+5, crystal halberd.

    thx anyway

    Poise is a stat on the top right of the stat screen
    It defines how many hits you can take before being staggered, you can increase it by wearing heavy armor, the wolf ring, or Iron Flesh

    25 str is enough to use the Zweihander, which you probably found near the start of the game, it has the longest range of ultra greatswords, and knocks the giant skeletons down every time you hit them

    This is the Zweihander, just in case the german name is different for some reason (now THAT would be really stupid)

    Thanks for this hint! I'm afraid i don't have this sword (anymore). Maybe I thought that is too heavy for me when I started the game and had the intension of building a dex char.
    Probably I sold this to Framp. is it possibl eto get it back from him? Or can I buy another one from a dealer?
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 am

    Sadly, it is not. However, if you play online, you could probably trade with anyone here on the forums, as we're all friendly chaps! Except for when you steal our cake or defile the mighty beard...

    Praise the Beard! Prayer


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 am

    Hello Mr. Tart,

    Mr. Tart wrote:I usually pull them with any ranged weapon i have(i do not climb down). They will all gather below you, going crazy, so i two-hand my weapon and do a plunging attack. As long as you have a well upgraded weapon, this strategy does wonders.

    This sounds very interesting! I really look forward to testing this today evening!

    thanks!
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:00 am

    Good luck! Just keep in mind to land perfectly so that you hit everyone, or you may be left at a disadvantage.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 am

    Mr. Tart wrote:Sadly, it is not. However, if you play online, you could probably trade with anyone here on the forums, as we're all friendly chaps! Except for when you steal our cake or defile the mighty beard...

    Praise the Beard!
    Thanks for this! However, I have no idea on how I can trade things with other online players! It would be very interesting to learn how this works!
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 am

    Mr. Tart wrote:Good luck! Just keep in mind to land perfectly so that you hit everyone, or you may be left at a disadvantage.

    You know, It's no problem for me if things go wrong! I have cancelled the idea of collecting lots of humanity in the upper left screen because whenever I have a few points I find a difficul situation and loose all of it. sad
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:10 am

    There is no actual trading system in the game, however, you can set up planned trades with players. I'll give you an example:

    You make a topic asking for a Zweihander.

    Random player: Sure, i can give it to you. Add my GT _______ and we'll set up a time.

    If your on the same level, you can summon eachother with a white summon sign and then just drop the items you want to trade. So if you want to pay humanity for the Zweihander, you drop a certain number of humanity, while he drops the Zweihander. I advice you only make trades with people on the forums though, or drop an item last, or you may be fooled and only lose that item yourself.

    It isn't very complicated.

    Also, you can trade with a player at a higher/lower level as well. Say you are SL 20, and he is SL 120. You can drop your red sign soapstone, allowing him to summon you. You however, cannot summon him. A red sign soapstone works in that the host can summon people any level below him, but not very far above him. That's where the summon formula kicks in.

    To summon someone you follow a 10% + 10 levels of the host.

    So a host at SL 100 can summon someone(math below)

    100/100 = 1*10 = 10 + 10 = 20

    He can therefor someone someone as low as 100 - 20 = 80, and someone as high as 100 + 20 = 120.

    This applies for white summon signs, as well as any attempts at summoning someone higher level than you with a red summon sign.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by steveswede on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 am

    Micha369 wrote:Hello folks,

    I want to beat the skeletons in the room with the divine ember in tomb of the giants!

    I have no clue how to deal with all the big skeletons in this room! There are 5 of it!
    Ok, I have the divine ember, but I died of corse!

    Is there a way / strategy to fight all thoses skeletons as a melee guy?

    thanks!

    best wishes

    If you have the large divine ember from one run then there's no real point going back in there unless you want PvP (because it a spawn point). What I do is after I leave the bonfire in the catacombs (where the necromancer is) and defeat Pinwheel, I equip a ring of sacrifice, grab the ember and wait to die. This takes me back to the bonfire where I can just leave with both the ember and the rite of kindling and continue my journey to Andre and Anor Londo.
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 am

    Micha369 wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:Good luck! Just keep in mind to land perfectly so that you hit everyone, or you may be left at a disadvantage.

    You know, It's no problem for me if things go wrong! I have cancelled the idea of collecting lots of humanity in the upper left screen because whenever I have a few points I find a difficul situation and loose all of it. sad

    Don't worry about it! Most of us experienced the same thing when we first got Dark Souls, so you're not alone.

    Also, just a heads up. You can edit your posts on this forum if you wish to comment on more than one post, correct your post or anything else. Just to avoid any double posts/spam.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

    I'm equipped with Quelaagfurysword+5 and the complete silver knight amor. I do a plunged attack and hurt a few. But after that its over! I cannot hit a single time! Not even strike out a single time!
    Ok, I don't have that Zweihander! I also tried the silver knight strait sword+5. It doesn't work!
    I cannot hit them from the upper face/edge with my soul arrows either.
    Should I try a different weapon? Can somebody give me this Zweihander?

    EDIT:
    I have killed the 6 skeletons in this tomb with caos fire whip and QuelaagFurySword!
    However, this TotG-area is really a pain in the a...! One doesn't see anything, no movements of the skeleton beasts! Everything is pure luck! I hate this! I don't want to start all over again until I have some luck! In real life one also only goes into a fight if one has enough control and power over a situation!
    EDIT:
    By the way, what do you wear here? I'm a nice naked hollow, carry only my silver knight sword , my head lamp and my dragon crest shield.
    I don't know how to deal with the boss when I have used all my drinks on the way to him!
    With the skeleton beasts it is pure luck! When I was a sorcerer it was much easier!! Int 40 to 50, 5 slots and I was fine! Now as a melee it is a pain...
    EDIT:
    By the time I wear the crystal amor and this is more secure against the beasts. But the beasts still subtract all my stamina and a bit of hp as well. Why I can't block them as one can each boss at least one time?
    Thanks for your help!
    avatar
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 712
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 56
    Location : Nebraska, USA

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Green__Eagle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am

    I just finished a short-bow only game and you can snipe all the skeletons in that room while standing on the ledge.

    Watch for their eyes or movement, and if the skeleton is facing away from you, look for a small moving red dot (that's the back of their neck).

    You can draw them closer to you by shooting into the ground; this allows some to come into "lock-on" range.

    Oh, wait. This is a post about melee method. ... NEVER MIND ... :-)


    Last edited by Green__Eagle on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong solution)


    _________________
    PSN ID: Green__Eagle. (2 underscores) Over 3,000 hours playing Dark Souls!
    Please visit My YouTube Channel Thanks!
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Rynn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 am

    That area is just a cruel joke by the developers, I genuinely can't understand what the hell they were thinking.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Micha369 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm

    Green__Eagle wrote:I just finished a short-bow only game and you can snipe all the skeletons in that room while standing on the ledge.

    Watch for their eyes or movement, and if the skeleton is facing away from you, look for a small moving red dot (that's the back of their neck).

    You can draw them closer to you by shooting into the ground; this allows some to come into "lock-on" range.

    Oh, wait. This is a post about melee method. ... NEVER MIND ... :-)


    Thanks anyway, It is interesting!

    Rynn wrote:That area is just a cruel joke by the developers, I genuinely can't understand what the hell they were thinking.

    Yes, I think the same. And there is also no way to kill the archer on top of this tomb! When you try to shoot him he hits you always before!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tomb of the giants: room with the divine ember: melee strategy

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:38 pm