Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
skarekrow13
sure-magicians
The_Red_Drifter
Tolvo
FinPeku
VaDoom
The Once-Ler
Walter_White
crbngville2
Dutchy
robsthedon
EeAyEss
C0rs0n64
Murkulanvippi
WaLKA
shadowzninjaz
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
wolfboy
Jansports
mofomey
Sneezer
Maneater_Mildred
Soris Ice Goldwing
Avenger649
RANT
Ghadis_God
XachAttack
The Letter X
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
36 posters

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Poll

Where do you guys want to set up a permanent location?

[ 22 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap19%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 114
    Poll closed
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Wiki Fight Club Location Poll

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I heavily prefer 100 (i often go lower.)

The iffy weapons at sl 100 are the gsoa, dss and grant. Everything else works fine, though quality builds suffer from low end or vit (as they should, thet versatility has a cost)
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:42 pm

I might actually change over to the sl 100 "side", so to speak. Fiddled around in the Mugen Monkey thing and came up with nice variations of what I currently have.

Helps me with my ring slot dilema too lol, could never figure out what to use in the 2nd slot.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 pm

SL 700 FC! twisted
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:SL 700 FC! twisted
    You're freaking mad!silly
    Wow this has quite a tie going on. Someone break it!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Looks like the PW is winning. That you have to run through that whole level to get anywhere is kind of a pita, though.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 pm

At least you can teleport to the painting now. Makes it half easier since you have to still jump off that platform.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

That's a warpable bonfire now?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:11 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:SL 700 FC! twisted

Because then no one would complain. Ever.

http://mmdks.com/1jdv
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That's a warpable bonfire now?
    Never noticed? I think it came out with the last patch. Same bonfire in the painting that now you can warp to. It's a one way trip if you activate it as you still have to leave by jumping that platform.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Oh, that's still relatively useless. I thought you meant I could also warp FROM that bonfire.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey- has anyone considered having the FC be in a floating location? Like whoever is hosting any particular night can chose the location? or we can schedule a rotation... if we rotate the location than everybody would be able to host...

Just an idea...
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 am

Emergence wrote:

@crb some weapons are just made for high levels and we can't realistically accomodate them all, otherwise we'd raise the ledge to 300 so Carphil can use his beloved GSoA. There are only a few that simply can't be wielded at 100. But if someone has an organized and easy way to accomodate both ledges then speak up. For now I voted 100 to reduce buff builds and allow for fun 2v2 arena nights.
    Wiki Fight Club Location Poll - Page 5 945058907 Best of luck to you all with your new endeavor.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:50 am

I believe Dark Anor Londo is actually one of the best places for a fight club for a large amount of reasons.

1. Non-hosts can access it at virtually any time
    2. Hosts can "glitch" it so that they can kill Gwyndolin, and still be invaded there. This ensures anyone can host if they desire.
    3. Invasions are uncommon enough (at least on X-box) that you can place down Red Soapstones without being invaded frequently in the first part of Anor Londo.
    4. Asymmetrical arena with a reasonable size, as well as structures that are non-invasive while also being capable of being used in a strategic manner (such as casting Tempest at the top of the platforms for extra range, or getting below your opponent to cause your ultra-great to have a larger hitbox)

The reduced lockon range also helps further improve both players skills.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

Personally, I hate the decreased lock on range. And, when I'm invading Anor, probably 1/3 of the time it is in Dark Anor.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am

reim0027 wrote:Personally, I hate the decreased lock on range. And, when I'm invading Anor, probably 1/3 of the time it is in Dark Anor.
    Where do you invade from? I'm asking beccause it's important. Anor Londo is made up of 3 different invasion zones. The Darkmoon tomb, the balcony, and the second bonfire area. While the second bonfire area gives frequent invasions, we are hosting in the Darkmoon Tomb zone, where far less invasions occur.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 am

That reduced lock on basically eliminates mages.

Now before anyone gets excited...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:27 am

As a veteran mage myself, I can say "No it doesn't"
    The lockon range of homing soul mass is not decreased, and firing any other sorcery with lockon fails regardless unless there is terrible lag. The user is easily capable of playing without lockon, and in the cases of sorceries it actually will improve both your skill with them, and your likelihood of hitting an enemy. The only spell that loses any efficiency when you reduce the lockon range is soul arrow, since it has decent tracking.

Pyromancy is far better unlocked, as it all offensive miracles. Int spells are the same with the exception of Soul Arrows, which actually work better the closer you are for other reasons too. The only thing reduced lockon range does is nerf the magic users that aren't using it appropriately in the first place.

Feel free to disagree though :S
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 am

I was referring to setup combos that rely on lock on spells like css after a roll inducing hcsm or pursuers.

And further more this should be inclusive of all skill sets, not just for the pro. Playing locked off might increase certain skills but it's not appropriate for someone just starting out.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:59 am

I don't like Dark AL because it's, well, it's too dark. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Rynn wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Personally, I hate the decreased lock on range. And, when I'm invading Anor, probably 1/3 of the time it is in Dark Anor.
    Where do you invade from? I'm asking beccause it's important. Anor Londo is made up of 3 different invasion zones. The Darkmoon tomb, the balcony, and the second bonfire area. While the second bonfire area gives frequent invasions, we are hosting in the Darkmoon Tomb zone, where far less invasions occur.
    I invade at either Solaire's bonfire and at the boss fog. I normally start at the boss fog. But, if I get too many Dark Londo invasions, I move to Solaire's. I do this because the hosts aren't in that area and I can BC out. I only rarely PvP in Dark Londo. I hate it and don't care to be ganked.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 am

Guys, I believe that with all the new FCs beginning to sprout, we should probably set up a stickied fc post.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:48 am

reim0027 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    I invade at either Solaire's bonfire and at the boss fog. I normally start at the boss fog. But, if I get too many Dark Londo invasions, I move to Solaire's. I do this because the hosts aren't in that area and I can BC out. I only rarely PvP in Dark Londo. I hate it and don't care to be ganked.
    Well, the location I'm suggesting for fight club isn't within that summoning zone, it's on the other side of the large gate, which results in a large majority of invaders not invading.

Over the course of 3.5 hours we only had 4 invaders during our fight club last week.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 am

There will be an official announcement and sticky soon for this fight club. E and I are finalizing the details on it.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:43 am

Yep finalizing it all soon. Everything you all disagree with will have been Reim's choice.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:58 am

Hahahaha! That's a good one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am