Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
The Letter X
Slarg232
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
reim0027
WaLKA
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Forum Pirate
Dubscythe
15 posters

Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game? Empty Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game?

Post by Dubscythe Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 am

Not by something they said, but something they did.

Doing my first playthrough of Demon's Souls just now and I'm going through 4-2. Some guy invades me, tricks me into getting kicked down the hole by Patches, then jumps down and attacks me with the weapon that breaks all of my armor and stuff. Every time I would get him low on health he would hide behind the NPC in the hole to heal. He also poisoned me.

I'm legitimately booty bothered. So, anyone else have any stories?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game? Empty Re: Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game?

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:56 am

No, for a couple reasons.

A) I'm good at knowing when I'm being led on

B) I don't get worked up. No point. I just get exasperated and go do something else.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game? Empty Re: Have any of you been legitimately trolled or bothered by someone in a game?

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:02 am

Of course, I get harassed in games sometimes by people. Without a proper way to report people on PS3, I sometimes end up getting bullied for days up to a week. It's why I don't play Dark Souls anymore. People have essentially ruined the online play for me.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 am

Every day, it's why I don't do Dark Soul's PVP as much as others around here.

In Dark Souls, I expect it because I invade. It's the host's choice whether or not to play by a code of honor. However, sometimes I get trolled by hosts a little too much in PW.

Other than Dark Souls though, I don't play multiplayer often. It's just another way to see the worst in people come out.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 am

Nothing a human has done to me has ever even come close to what A.I. trolling is capable of. :|
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 am

There is a block button, and you can dashboard on people you don't like. Its not like real life. You interact because you allow it. Don't allow it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:19 am

They are in forum tourneys, they are in groups that I play with. It can't be avoided unless I don't play in said groups. Said groups were one of the few reasons I still played Dark Souls.

It can be avoided, only by not playing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 am

Find new groups, or play alone, or arrange sessions with people you get along with via Pm.

I'm not understating the inconvenience or turmoil it can cause, but it is entirely avoidable unless they are hackers or willing to track you down irl.

(general statement, not person specific)
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 am

I only block people that hack the game or make it entirely un-enjoyable. I understand that there is a block button and I try to use it as little as possible because I'm working on not getting worked up on little things that people do.

I block people that hack and gank in the burg because I don't even want to share the same game with them.

However, someone I get angry at I don't block because they're trying to have fun like I am without intentionally ruining the game for others. They still tend to be nice people in different games and can be fun to play with, I just get worked up every once and a while when they decide on using DMB on a Great Scythe.
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 am

You can't play a game online without it happening, of course. I used to troll super hard myself in certain games. Especially Halo 3. The community's so immature that you get betrayed and sent hatemail just for picking up a sniper. So I had a LOT of fun with that.

Trolling seems to be a big part of Dark Souls, too. But since nothing comes to mind, I don't think I've ever trolled/been trolled hard enough in the game to even remember it. I remember a lot of wacky antics from me and other players though back when I played a lot of Battlefield 3. That game made it way too easy to grief.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:37 am

I also can't add people to my block list, it's full as well as glitched. For some reason I can't remove old people from it, so it's stuck at being full.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 am

New account. You'll have to remake some builds, but there are still mules around who can cut farming time.

It also grants renewed anonymity, that will persist until you give yourself away.

Bullying is entirely mental. You do not have to allow it, even IRL. You might suffer for it, but its still always within your power to refuse to be bullied.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Sure have. I don't let it get to me. I don't take the bait. Leave and block. Go on with your life. Their importance is somewhat near that of bellybutton lint.

LOL, I blocked someone after getting trolled by them. They realized I blocked them and they created another PSN account to send me hatemail (which I ignored and blocked). Talk about desperate.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 pm

In Demon's Souls, I invade and inflict people with Poison, Plague, and Bleed at the same time. Then I take out my scraping spear (takes 10 durability off an item each time it hits, even if the opponent blocks the hit) and continuously poke them until everything they have has 0 Durability. At that point, they can't do damage (no durability), they can't heal, (status effects only lets them heal ~10% instead of the usual 100%), and I just walk around the room and watch them die.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Doesn't bother me much. Strange since I expect that a lot in Dark Souls but I rarely get anything like that and in most cases it is over with a neutral to friendly relation. Though I tend to avoid Halo 4 just by how some people are immature in some matches.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Dibsville wrote:In Demon's Souls, I invade and inflict people with Poison, Plague, and Bleed at the same time. Then I take out my scraping spear (takes 10 durability off an item each time it hits, even if the opponent blocks the hit) and continuously poke them until everything they have has 0 Durability. At that point, they can't do damage (no durability), they can't heal, (status effects only lets them heal ~10% instead of the usual 100%), and I just walk around the room and watch them die.
    In DeS, as soon as someone took out a SS, I left. Or, if someone used the Acid Cloud.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I've legitimately trolled people in DkS XD

Had my Sl50 run around in some 120's games, using the Channelers Trident to dance. The moment they got close I took off again XD
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:In Demon's Souls, I invade and inflict people with Poison, Plague, and Bleed at the same time. Then I take out my scraping spear (takes 10 durability off an item each time it hits, even if the opponent blocks the hit) and continuously poke them until everything they have has 0 Durability. At that point, they can't do damage (no durability), they can't heal, (status effects only lets them heal ~10% instead of the usual 100%), and I just walk around the room and watch them die.
    In DeS, as soon as someone took out a SS, I left. Or, if someone used the Acid Cloud.
    Then my mission was a SUCCESS.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

People have attempted to troll me, but I either quit, kill them unexpectedly, or out-troll them. Nothing gets to me anyway, so I can normally laugh at something that might make someone rage.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    Then my mission was a SUCCESS.
    Good. So was mine. Play to have fun. PvP to have fun. The main difference is I try to make other's games fun as well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

If anyone has ever wanted to do some... 'friendly' trolling:

That's right, the gremlins are taking over.

I come to the off topic on behalf of our Gremking, Skarekrow to bring you our 'balance', acts of sheer tomfoolery and karma to bring about what people deserve, their just deserts.

If you be of the pranking persuasion, come one and all to the base of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang and get yourselves initiated.

We are the Gremlins. Come join the party.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I was tricked into jumping down to the titanite Demons, and then the invader used Emit force from above, hit me into a titanite Demon, which finished me off. I thought it was quite a good trick.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 pm

I take games pretty seriously, so I have given trolls their wished for reaction before, but I don't mind that, I think without passion there is only darkness.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am