titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Share
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Micha369 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:Well, I've never tried blocking the demon. I just roll out of the way. In the unideal environment you fight him in, it isn't easy to do so. What weapon are you using?
    Most damage that I can make at him in two consecutive hits is with the silver knight straight sword+5. Yes, I'm looking for a better weapon!

    My stats:

    SL 108

    Vit 37
    Condition 40
    Dex 40
    Str 25

    [url=http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/]psychichobo[/url] wrote:
    I think you can block it with a VERY good shield, and you also have to
    be very far back - the way he lands on you with it means it's often
    hitting your head as well as your shield, so you're backing off to the
    point where you might as well just dodge.

    In all seriousness,
    that Demon is best killed with your best non-greatbow, meleeing him is
    quite difficult, especially with the fall AND the branches getting in
    the way. Just lock on and keep backing away and shooting. You don't need
    a lot of the demon titanite anyway, and you can use the hawk ring for
    more damage and the silver ring for a bit of extra souls to make it
    worthwhile.

    Then I can stay with my 40 big soul arrows!

    Thanks anyway!

    Best wishes


    Last edited by Micha369 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by User1 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

    Either the Balder Side Sword +15, or the Server +15. With those stats, those two weapons can be deadly. And your weapons condition is at 40? You do know that as the durability goes down, so does the effectiveness, right? If you didn't, well, we learn something new every day.

    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 305
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-03-15
    Age : 34
    Location : Louisa, KY

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by alchemydesign on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 pm

    Your whole account of what's going on is strange...is your Pyro flame +10 or higher? Quelana won't appear unless it is and she doesn't attack unprovoked. It sounds to me like you have a very bugged file and it was laurentius that attacked you, cause Quelana definitely drops fire tempest 100%...but then with your current issues...it's hard to tell...

    Also, if you need extra titanite Demons there are....three? (I'm pretty sure it's 3) in the tar pit in Sen's Fortress...they don't respawn, and you better make sure you have the Rusted Iron Ring...but if you haven't killed them then...there ya go.

    Hope you get things sorted and good luck.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Micha369 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 am

    Hello RenegadeCop,

    RenegadeCop wrote:Either the Balder Side Sword +15, or the Server +15. With those stats, those two weapons can be deadly. And your weapons condition is at 40? You do know that as the durability goes down, so does the effectiveness, right? If you didn't, well, we learn something new every day.
    Why do you think my weapons are worn off? I always care about them and repair them while resting at a fire.. But thanks anyway.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Micha369 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:33 am

    Hello alchemydesign and all the others,

    alchemydesign wrote:Your whole account of what's going on is strange...is your Pyro flame +10 or higher? Quelana won't appear unless it is and she doesn't attack unprovoked. It sounds to me like you have a very bugged file and it was laurentius that attacked you, cause Quelana definitely drops fire tempest 100%...but then with your current issues...it's hard to tell...

    Also, if you need extra titanite Demons there are....three? (I'm pretty sure it's 3) in the tar pit in Sen's Fortress...they don't respawn, and you better make sure you have the Rusted Iron Ring...but if you haven't killed them then...there ya go.

    Hope you get things sorted and good luck.

    What I have read in Wiki is that if you want to buy something from Quelana your Pyro must be 10 or higher. That's why I upgraded it to 10. And after that I really saw her in the poisonous water for the first time! And later, after her fatal fight with me I read also in Wiki that she'll get hostile once one has visited Lost Izalith. (Don't know why she does though) To the fight itself I must say, it was totally unexpected! I already had some fights with those fire breathing, walking roots (Cragspiders) and my health was pretty low! Then she attacked me together with other enemies (mosquitos, cragspiders) an I was in real difficulties. I killed her, ran away quickly to be able to have an Estus drink. Maybe I didn't right away look back for some loot! Maybe I rested at the bonfire first and went back to her place. But of course it was empty.
    Bad luck for me, I would say.

    Here I only talk about the titanite Demon in Lost Izalith. All other TD doesn't exist anymore. They all were pretty easy to beat: Sen's Fortress (2 demons) Anor Londo, the catacombs, the undead parish behind the blacksmith, all together 5 TD plus the respawning one in LI.
    This one is by far the most challenging one.

    EDIT: Oh, I just read in Wiki that in Sen's Fortress alone there a four of them! I only saw two! So there must be another two! I have to go back and check! But this doesn't solve the problems with the TD in LI!


    Anyway I'm looking for a safe and easy method to kill that TD in melee! Just for fun and for the titanite and 5000 souls of course. But this really isn't easy. This demon is so strong! I need a better weapon and the ability to block his jumping attack!

    RenegadeCop wrote:
    Either the Balder Side Sword +15, or the Server +15. With those stats, those two weapons can be deadly.
    I only have one Lightning Balder Side Sword+4. Maybe I'll let it rework to a +15. But pressing the Button RB it only makes a silly looking stinging movement like a needle and doesn't look very dangerous. Pressing RT it looks better though. But I have the feeling that the damage of my Silver Knight Sword+5 is clearly higher.

    Best wishes

    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-07-31

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Nybbles on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:31 am

    the titanite demon in izalith only seems to respawn if you die/suicide or leave the demon ruins/izaltih altogether then return at a later time. i've never had the thing respawn by just home-boning or walking back to the bonfire in the izalith area.

    the best strategy for melee against these beasts is to get in close. try to stay just behind their left hand (the one it uses to crawl around with). stay close and circle around it counter clockwise to keep your positioning and it's attacks will miss you. when you see an opening, hit it with the biggest weapon you got, but only once or twice (depending on the speed of the weapon) because it will likely spin around and do its jumping attack. once you see it start to turn around, try to stay behind it while backing off at the same time. if you do it right, you will still be behind it as it jumps forcing it to continue turning in mid air which will cause its jump to fall short, missing you. if you don't get it just right, be prepared to roll away before it squashes you flat. rinse and repeat … just beware of getting too close to the edge.

    the other two titanite demons in sen's fortress are in the same area the first two were. there is a short hallway that leads to another room, near where you find the scythe. they are much tougher that than the first two and if you are not careful you will agro both and have to fight two at the same time.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Micha369 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 pm

    Nybbles wrote:the titanite demon in izalith only seems to respawn if you die/suicide or leave the demon ruins/izaltih altogether then return at a later time. i've never had the thing respawn by just home-boning or walking back to the bonfire in the izalith area.

    the best strategy for melee against these beasts is to get in close. try to stay just behind their left hand (the one it uses to crawl around with). stay close and circle around it counter clockwise to keep your positioning and it's attacks will miss you. when you see an opening, hit it with the biggest weapon you got, but only once or twice (depending on the speed of the weapon) because it will likely spin around and do its jumping attack. once you see it start to turn around, try to stay behind it while backing off at the same time. if you do it right, you will still be behind it as it jumps forcing it to continue turning in mid air which will cause its jump to fall short, missing you. if you don't get it just right, be prepared to roll away before it squashes you flat. rinse and repeat … just beware of getting too close to the edge.

    the other two titanite demons in sen's fortress are in the same area the first two were. there is a short hallway that leads to another room, near where you find the scythe. they are much tougher that than the first two and if you are not careful you will agro both and have to fight two at the same time.

    Many thanks for your help!

    Sponsored content

    Re: titanite Demon in Lost Izalith

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:13 am