Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Share
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm

    I have honestly never lost to Flamelurker. I killed him with a base level temple knight, naked, unupgraded halberd, no spells whatsoever, and only use 3 Crescent Grass and 1 half moon. It was the saddest sight I have ever seen for a boss.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dubscythe on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 am

    Alright, I'll give him a shot the next time I play the game. Kind of juggling 4 games right now.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am

    i say practice your parries and ripostes but die in the nexus first if your worries about world tendency my Light Weapon Estoc build (named rapist lol) hits players 800-1100 on backstabs and alot more on riposte (also use the buckler its got less resistances but it seems to parry easier and 61 stability isnt bad)


    _________________
    avatar
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 762
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-04-23
    Age : 24
    Location : Flying in the skies above

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dubscythe on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am

    Been awhile since I posted in this thread huh? All I have left is 1-4 +Doran. Valley of Defilement was a joke, as was the Dragon God. Maneater caught me off guard but still only took me one attempt. The majority of bosses in this game are so easy.


    _________________


    Resident PvP punching bag
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

    Dubscythe wrote:Been awhile since I posted in this thread huh? All I have left is 1-4 +Doran. Valley of Defilement was a joke, as was the Dragon God. Maneater caught me off guard but still only took me one attempt. The majority of bosses in this game are so easy.
    You say that, but it's because you're good at Dark Souls, so you already knew how to play.
    Imagine your first playthrough of Dark Souls, 3x harder. That's Demon's Souls.

    On topic: For 1-4, I'd recommend you bring a fast weapon. The boss of that area is swift and won't let you attack often with a heavy weapon. Soul Ray will completely annihilate him, though, assuming you're wearing Ring of Magical Sharpness, Monk's Headpiece, and Kris Blade for the HUGE magic bonus. The final boss in 1-5 is pretty tough, no matter how many times you've fought him. He's the Demon's Souls version of Gwyn, except faster, stronger, more menacing music, and of course he has an attack that literally steals a level from you. And did I mention he's purely long range? Yeah.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am

    Oh yeah, and he can't be parried and he does magic damage. Get your Dark Silver Shield out!


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 282
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-08-16
    Age : 26
    Location : The 9th Tower

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Anonymous Proxy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 am

    First off, to the person above me, I love your signature set.

    Secondly, once you get into NG+, expect the game to be a little like Dark Souls. You know it, you can do it.

    HOWEVER, Flamelurker is one of the hugest **** blocks of NG+. If you have too much issue with him, get him trapped on the dragon bones by the fog gate and then use Soul Ray. He'll die in no time.


    _________________
    Sometimes the Glory will fade;
    and only Memories will remain.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 am

    Anonymous Proxy wrote:First off, to the person above me, I love your signature set.

    Secondly, once you get into NG+, expect the game to be a little like Dark Souls. You know it, you can do it.

    HOWEVER, Flamelurker is one of the hugest **** blocks of NG+. If you have too much issue with him, get him trapped on the dragon bones by the fog gate and then use Soul Ray. He'll die in no time.
    This.
    NG+ in Demon's is 40% harder.
    It's pure anal anguish.
    You may not think that's a lot, but a max level can get two shot in 1-5, Dragon God will one shot you, period. Wannabe King Allant will destroy you with any of his attacks.
    Old King Doran will just destroy you, plain and simple.
    The Gremlins and Goblins in 5-1... dear god. And don't even get me started on the 5-2 enemies.
    Shrine of Storms becomes the Shrine of Pain.
    And of course, everyone's favorite world, the Mindflayers in 3-1 will one shot you unless you have 50+ VIT or REALLY good armor.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 282
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-08-16
    Age : 26
    Location : The 9th Tower

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Anonymous Proxy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:19 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:First off, to the person above me, I love your signature set.

    Secondly, once you get into NG+, expect the game to be a little like Dark Souls. You know it, you can do it.

    HOWEVER, Flamelurker is one of the hugest **** blocks of NG+. If you have too much issue with him, get him trapped on the dragon bones by the fog gate and then use Soul Ray. He'll die in no time.
    This.
    NG+ in Demon's is 40% harder.
    It's pure anal anguish.
    You may not think that's a lot, but a max level can get two shot in 1-5, Dragon God will one shot you, period. Wannabe King Allant will destroy you with any of his attacks.
    Old King Doran will just destroy you, plain and simple.
    The Gremlins and Goblins in 5-1... dear god. And don't even get me started on the 5-2 enemies.
    Shrine of Storms becomes the Shrine of Pain.
    And of course, everyone's favorite world, the Mindflayers in 3-1 will one shot you unless you have 50+ VIT or REALLY good armor.

    I'm not disagreeing. You just should know how to do it by now. Except I was going with: You can't just Fire Resist Tank n Spank Flamelurker like you can on NG.


    _________________
    Sometimes the Glory will fade;
    and only Memories will remain.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:23 pm

    Anonymous Proxy wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:First off, to the person above me, I love your signature set.

    Secondly, once you get into NG+, expect the game to be a little like Dark Souls. You know it, you can do it.

    HOWEVER, Flamelurker is one of the hugest **** blocks of NG+. If you have too much issue with him, get him trapped on the dragon bones by the fog gate and then use Soul Ray. He'll die in no time.
    This.
    NG+ in Demon's is 40% harder.
    It's pure anal anguish.
    You may not think that's a lot, but a max level can get two shot in 1-5, Dragon God will one shot you, period. Wannabe King Allant will destroy you with any of his attacks.
    Old King Doran will just destroy you, plain and simple.
    The Gremlins and Goblins in 5-1... dear god. And don't even get me started on the 5-2 enemies.
    Shrine of Storms becomes the Shrine of Pain.
    And of course, everyone's favorite world, the Mindflayers in 3-1 will one shot you unless you have 50+ VIT or REALLY good armor.

    I'm not disagreeing. You just should know how to do it by now. Except I was going with: You can't just Fire Resist Tank n Spank Flamelurker like you can on NG.
    I know, I was more directing the second part to the creator of the thread. silly


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:You need to finish off another level before you can finish off all of world 1, because of the fact that you need an Arch-demon's soul. You can get one of these by killing one of the bosses at the end of a world. Such as the Dragon God or the Old Monk.

    I thought only Dragon God had the Archdemon soul. I still learn new things about this game.

    Nope, I originally thought that too through my first playthrough but I used the Storm King's soul to open 1-3 on NG+.

    Also world 3 on NG tends to be a very easy world to go through, just have some patience in 3-2 because your going to die quite a few times.

    honestly i dont see how anyone would think that considering when you kill any of the arch-demons it tells you youve aqquired a arch-demon soul


    _________________
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by WandererReece on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm

    CarverUpqik wrote:honestly i dont see how anyone would think that considering when you kill any of the arch-demons it tells you youve aqquired a arch-demon soul

    No, It only tells you after defeating the 1st Arch-demon. Defeating the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th will not display the message.


    _________________
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 pm

    thats what i said kill any of them and it will tell you that you have a arch demon soul i didnt say it said that to all of them


    _________________
    avatar
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-03-26
    Location : Florida, US

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Nugget on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 pm

    One thing that I think really helps, especially on your first playthrough is to take world 2 to black tendency by killing yourself there a lot, while human. While this makes the enemies more difficult, the area is already very easy, and it also increases your proclivity to find rarer items, which is absolutely awesome in Stonefang since there are a lot of enemies that drop upgrade materials. If you're feeling especially saucy, you can avoid killing the sack-carrying molemen until you've taken the world to pure black tendency and make your weapons into concentrated face-smashers. Also, learn how to kill crystal lizards effectively, for the same reasons.


    _________________
    "Dark Souls is really a game of questions. Questions like "What the ***?" or "Where did he come from?" and very frequently "What?""
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Myztyrio on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 am

    4-2 and 5-2 are certainly not easy. I adore 3-2 though.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 282
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-08-16
    Age : 26
    Location : The 9th Tower

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Anonymous Proxy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 am

    Does anyone actually even do all of 5-2? I sort of get to the swamp, run the right wall, curve, run left wall and sprint to the boss. =| There is NO reason to stay in that hell hole.


    _________________
    Sometimes the Glory will fade;
    and only Memories will remain.
    avatar
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 39
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-03-26
    Location : Florida, US

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Nugget on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:06 am

    Anonymous Proxy wrote:Does anyone actually even do all of 5-2? I sort of get to the swamp, run the right wall, curve, run left wall and sprint to the boss. =| There is NO reason to stay in that hell hole.

    Yeah, that area sucks. I treat it pretty much like the Depths in Dark Souls, grab anything of remote value, bum rush the boss and jet.


    _________________
    "Dark Souls is really a game of questions. Questions like "What the ***?" or "Where did he come from?" and very frequently "What?""
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:10 am

    i like 5-2 better than blighttown... i had a invader that invaded that area it was a faith build with adjuticator shield, regenerator ring, and blessed crescent axe so poison was no problem


    _________________
    avatar
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 282
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-08-16
    Age : 26
    Location : The 9th Tower

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Anonymous Proxy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:44 am

    I just explored it actually. First time ever. Got the Dull Gold set...kind of cool.


    _________________
    Sometimes the Glory will fade;
    and only Memories will remain.
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

    yea the dull gold set is pretty cool i usually wear armor just for looks so my mage rapier girl wears silver circlet, plate aremor, chain gaunlets and dull gold leggings (hooray booty shorts)


    _________________
    avatar
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 282
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-08-16
    Age : 26
    Location : The 9th Tower

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Anonymous Proxy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 am

    I have:

    Silver Circlet
    Dull Gold Breastplate
    Silver Braces
    Dull Gold Bewts
    Cling Ring
    Ring of Avarice
    Northern Regalia
    Knight's Shield+8

    I also carry the Talisman of God, Wooden Catalyst, Dark Silver Shield, and Kris Blade.

    xD


    _________________
    Sometimes the Glory will fade;
    and only Memories will remain.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by WandererReece on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 am

    Anonymous Proxy wrote:Dark Silver Shield

    So OP. I <3 it.


    _________________
    avatar
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Cleveland Ohio

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by CarverUpqik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:02 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:Dark Silver Shield

    So OP. I <3 it.

    unless your a mage then it can hinder you


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Dibsville on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm

    CarverUpqik wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    Anonymous Proxy wrote:Dark Silver Shield

    So OP. I <3 it.

    unless your a mage then it can hinder you
    Put your catalyst in the left hand.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:22 am

    CarverUpqik wrote:unless your a mage then it can hinder you

    I'm pretty sure it doesn't hinder mages that much.


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 am