Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Spurgun
Jansports
Sneezer
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Saturday-Saint
Brigade
Rynn
Uparkaam
Kyōkai
Forum Pirate
swordiris
Jester's Tears
17 posters

Weapon with Different movesets....

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Weapon with Different movesets.... Empty Weapon with Different movesets....

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Like the Title said. I've seen weapons with another weapons Moveset.
    Example: Just 3 Minutes ago. (Making Post.) I saw someone using a Zwei, with a Straight sword's moveset. And he did Zwei's damage. FAST SWINGING ZWEI. IS PRETTY BAD.

Anyway. Anyone know much about this?
    (I've also seen Greatsword of Artorias with Bandit's Knife's moveset...Dat DPS.)

EDIT: Maybe just a coincidence, but most of them were pretty bad at PvP. So i suspect it's a Hack. Because most hackers are bad at most Games. Derp.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Weapon with Different movesets.... Empty Re: Weapon with Different movesets....

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Yes they are modders/hackers. No Greatsword has a knife moveset.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Yeah. There are at least 2 ways to do it. Glitches (no actual modding is necessary as far as I know, but its not out of the question)
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Swinging a spear up and down. Shrug

I don't understand the people who would replace a spear's moveset with a straight sword's moveset.

Although I'm pretty sure MOST aren't doing it on purpose.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Kyōkai wrote:Swinging a spear up and down. Shrug

Happend a while ago....Ornstein's spear...............
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 pm

It's a glitch. It can happen by accident but it probably can be done on purpose too.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:16 pm

There is two ways for this to occur. One is only visual, one is a massive exploit.

1: Sometimes when you spawn into a players world, you'll not properly load their weapons, which cause any two handed swing to appear to be a straight swords swing. This can't be done on purpose, and on their screen you'll die abnormally quickly, and as a result... confuse them. It's not an intentional thing and can't be replicated accurately.

2: There is a major exploit that you can do to replace any weapons moveset with the moveset of another weapon. Tolvo knows how to do it, and I spent about 4 months figuring out how to do it myself. The glitch persists through death, but not through other forms of loading screens, such as teleporting to anor, using the warp of a lordvessel, or being summoned. So this one is exclusively done by hosts.

You'll be happy to know that replacing a moveset with that of a dagger corrupts their data though. So does curved swords. The bad news is that means it's difficult to see if someone has learned the well guarded exploit, or if it's just a random error on your side, because they behave identicle, the only difference is if the host knows they did it.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Rynn wrote:There is two ways for this to occur. One is only visual, one is a massive exploit.

1: Sometimes when you spawn into a players world, you'll not properly load their weapons, which cause any two handed swing to appear to be a straight swords swing. This can't be done on purpose, and on their screen you'll die abnormally quickly, and as a result... confuse them. It's not an intentional thing and can't be replicated accurately.

2: There is a major exploit that you can do to replace any weapons moveset with the moveset of another weapon. Tolvo knows how to do it, and I spent about 4 months figuring out how to do it myself. The glitch persists through death, but not through other forms of loading screens, such as teleporting to anor, using the warp of a lordvessel, or being summoned. So this one is exclusively done by hosts.

You'll be happy to know that replacing a moveset with that of a dagger corrupts their data though. So does curved swords. The bad news is that means it's difficult to see if someone has learned the well guarded exploit, or if it's just a random error on your side, because they behave identicle, the only difference is if the host knows they did it.

Short said:
    -It's a glitch.
    -Only Hosts can do it.
    -It's a bi*ch to fight against.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Awww, no dmb demons great dagger.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Awww, no dmb demons great dagger.

DMB demon's great rapier.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 pm

It's a display glitch. You see some guy one-handing a weapon, but swinging with a two-handed straight sword moveset. If you pay attention you'll notice that the timing of the damage as well as the recovery for the swings matches the weapon he is actually using. On their end, the weapon actually looks completely normal. Also while they appear to be one-handing the weapon, they're actually using it two-handed.

Rynn, if you aren't bullsh****ng about an exploit like that, I suggest you share it. Withholding information on exploits only hurts the game. Spreading information and educating the playerbase is the best way to deal with exploits in the long run.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Possibly, but its against forum regs. She'd have to do it off site.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 pm

I keep forgetting about that rule, since it is absolutely never enforced.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Its not enforced with grey areas like dead angles. The dragon head was never allowed to be taught here.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:03 am

Huh. Yeah, I don't like that rule very much. The general mindset of, "keep glitches secret," is really bad to me. Spellswap was kept a secret for a long time. Consequently, Dark Souls got shipped with the glitch still in it, and by the time it was released it was common knowledge.

Actually a friend of mine got really mad after I started intentionally spreading information about dragon bow backstab as soon as I found out about it. "Why did you tell everybody about that I just had to deal with like 3 people using it earlier today," was something along the lines of his complaint. But you know how many kidney-punchers he'd have to deal with if he got on and played today? 0.

Last edited by Saturday-Saint on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 am

I always thought that rule had to deal with explaining how those glitches/exploitable bugs can be done Not their name and what they do.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:09 am

Its not keeping it a secret, its just discouraging its use by refusing to perpetuate its spread by supplying instructions.

We can talk about it all day. How to recognise and counter it is free game.
    We just can't post instructions.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Its not keeping it a secret, its just discouraging its use
    It also discourage the patching and removal of it. In the long-term, keeping the methodology for glitches a secret does only harm.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:22 am

...LET'S STOP TALKING BEFORE SOMETHING WEIRD HAPPPENDS. RIGHT?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:28 am

debatable. if the fact that its possible and horribly broken is well known, how its done doesn't need to be widely known for people to demand a patch, because its obviously a problem.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:37 am

As long as the glitch is played down and seen as horrid to the games public I am fine with it. However if it is game-breaking it must be addressed and patched. I see how this forum played down the dragon head issue and now it is patch. God how I hated that thing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 am

It is game breaking. A great club moving like richards rapier is very, very game breaking. (just an example. I've dealt with a zweihander pretending to be a halberd though. those roll r1's)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 am

Nobody cares about that one glitch that they heard about once on an internet forum and that maybe exists but maybe some guy was just bulls*****ng or reporting something inaccurately.

I mean like I can't count the number of times I've been told about some totally gamebreaking glitch that turned out to not exist or just be something that some guy thought he saw but really didn't.

And besides, even if FROM did find out about this and did for some reason put it at the top of their to-do list for, "things to make sure don't exist in Dark Souls 2," it wouldn't matter. If they don't know what causes the glitch, they'd have to comb over every little bit of possibly relevant code to even find the glitch.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:49 am

Well this turns out to be real and it harms people in negative ways which will cause a domino effect for some who think that to fight fire with fire is a good idea when it is not. You only cause more issues for those who want to fight without all that crap by doing that. To put this glitch as a serious, harmful issue will divert potentials into thinking that doing it to will end it. To try the fight fire with fire will only spread it as their will be people taking harm when they only want fair fights. Fair being a loose term as this is Dark Souls.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:58 am

If one knows how to do it (i don't), one can post video proof, without explaining (or showing) how to do it, and send From the details on how its done.

It does need to be widely known to get a response, but how its done can be relatively unknown. It only takes 1 encounter with the CSS machine gun or infinite roar stun to make people hate it. If, say, 100 people use it, every person they fight with it, excluding new players, is made fully aware of how broken it is. This can quickly get to a couple thousand horrible glitch encounters. Someone confirms it with a video and you're set to show everybody exactly how terrible it is without explaining how its done.

Your way is faster, but the forums attitude isn't invalid. It can work fine, it just takes some initiative.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm