Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Teh_hapy_octopus
Yarxov
6 posters

Man serpeant Greatsword

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Man serpeant Greatsword Empty Man serpeant Greatsword

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I've been using this lately (+15) in PvP Kiln, and I noticed a very disturbing trend. My strike will hit them, make a very clear connection and cause the "Bloodsplatter" noise...but no damage is dealt. This was very consistent in many rounds, very definite hits, game reisters the hit (noise) but no damage is dealt...out of 560 (1H).
    It can't be their armor, is it Lag? Any other sword I decided to use did fine though. Backstabs did indeed work, but any other hit would not cause damage.

Any ideas? Shared experiences?
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Man serpeant Greatsword Empty Re: Man serpeant Greatsword

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

just lag. i hate it when i hit someone with my demon great machete and instead of getting like 350 damage nothing happens
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 pm

its lag, it happens to me all the time with all my weapons, doesnt happen often but when it does its really annoying.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:03 pm

That's too bad, sucks when you hit them 5 times and they still have full health.
    Man serpeant Greatsword 2707236321
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Happened to me a few times last night. I would hit someone literally in the head, hear the sound, see blood splatter, yet no damage. I was using the GC. The time it really got to me was when a Kat (LOL's IIRC) was dancing around my GC. He was a PITA to hit to begin with (nicely done), but when I did "hit him", he didn't take damage. It was lag, but it pissed me off for that fight. :evil:
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Phantom hits. It's when you hit someone clearly on your side, but they have already dodged/moved on their side of the game. Consider them a "near miss." Some weapons will have this happen more often, the slower it goes, the more often this will happen from what I've seen.

Try attacking 0.5s earlier than you think you should, having them walk right into the attack really helps.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Dellusions wrote:Phantom hits. It's when you hit someone clearly on your side, but they have already dodged/moved on their side of the game. Consider them a "near miss." Some weapons will have this happen more often, the slower it goes, the more often this will happen from what I've seen.

Try attacking 0.5s earlier than you think you should, having them walk right into the attack really helps.

That's exactly what it is. Happens to me all the time, and right after I attack and hit them, they'll roll away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am