Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Animaaal
steveswede
Fry1156
Soris Ice Goldwing
WandererReece
Lancelot
User1
grossemesser
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Forum Pirate
swordiris
Maneater_Mildred
barrywilkins
reim0027
Hugh_G_Johnson
Sentiel
Infighter
DeadRayne
22 posters

Do you indict people when they invade?

DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Do you indict people when they invade? Empty Do you indict people when they invade?

Post by DeadRayne Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 am

As the title states. I have only recently started doing invasions and have noticed that i am getting attacked by spirits of vengeance a lot. So i was curious does everyone indict someone when they are invaded or do they have to do something underhanded for you to even consider it?

Thanks in advance
    DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Do you indict people when they invade? Empty Re: Do you indict people when they invade?

Post by DeadRayne Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 am

Anyone?
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Do you indict people when they invade? Empty Re: Do you indict people when they invade?

Post by Infighter Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:25 am

My mentality is this : If fight was good I will indict player, to give him more PvP action, I don't indict players cause of saltyness
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 am

I was wondering how people view Indictment. I for one like to get Indicted on my Darkwraith build, because it allows me to fight more people. But some players, even avid Darkwraiths see Indictment as being a sore loser. I'm trying to say that it's win/lose decision. Some may like being Indicted, so may not.

In the end I decided to never Indict Dragonbros (I don't understand why it is allowed in the first place) and Indict only ******* Darkwraiths. This I do, because I have few Darkmoon builds and I do have the luck of meeting the guy I recently Indicted and get some old fashioned revenge.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 am

I indict 100% of the time, minus the times I've hit the PS3 button and been unable to get back in time to indict. If people want to invade, then let them also be invaded. If they're just being jerks; they'll get what they deserve. If they're just looking for pvp; they'll get what they want. Both cases call for indictment. I think it's a shame you can't indict people just for invading, too. Is attempted murder not a crime? Although occasionally, I'll die right before someone spawns in my world and I get the option to indict. That always takes the sting out of dying... twisted lol! twisted
    DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Post by DeadRayne Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am

Fair enough. It seems most just do it to give them more action then anything else which is cool
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 am

If I have the book, I indict. Anything I can do to keep PvP busy.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:28 am

If you killed me, I don't care how you did it, you're indicted. Keeps the Darkmoons workin ya know? Economic stimulus and all that.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 am

I always smile when I get indicted. It means another PvP opportunity for me, and for a Darkmoon.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 am

Yes indictments make the world go round.

On a side note, I have been indicted after helping a host beat a boss as a sunbro. I was like wtf and had a good laugh with the host about it.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:00 am

I refuse to indict anyone wearing a family mask.

Otherwise I throw them out like candy.

I look at indictments as compliments.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 am

Every time, all the time. Gotta make a living somehow.

(usually prompting orb spam hoping for a rematch)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:58 am

Now if I would only actually buy some indictments...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Only need to buy 1. Reuseable, last I checked. Wiki confirms.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

I only really started to hand out indicts after I started my DM character. Before that the ones handed out under my psn id were with my character I'm playing with my son. He indicts everyone. He'd say "but why didn't you indict him!" My reply was " He fought with honor son. " To which he'd reply " but he INVADED you!" But now that I have a Darkmoon I indict because it's just good business.

Last edited by grossemesser on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Well, if I ever bothered to buy an Indictment, I would only do so occasionally, such as if the host is ganking. I do understand where people come from when they say they see Indictments as compliments, but I see them as a small chance for the indicted to be invaded hopefully by a skillful Darkmoon, who would then kill them, preferably right in the middle of a fight.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

You can't indict gankers because gankers are hosts.

Only invaders can be indicted. (minus darkmoons.)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Lol. Reds and blues can gank just fine, its just tougher to set up.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:01 pm

I do it when my opponent(s) use cheap tactics, such as backstab fishing or ganking. It's funny to get hatemail from indicting by the player who killed me.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:28 pm

I think the game shouldn't have indictments. Instead it should automaticly give an "indictment" to any non - darkmoon that invades and successfully kills a player. It would be much better that way.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:28 pm

As I see indictments as worthless, I only use them when I am forced to go against this rule from the book of five rings: Do not harbor sinister designs. Think honestly and truthfully.

Not a good thing to break since I try my best to uphold it in PvP. In reality since I am a darkmoon I have a good chance of making that person suffer for trying my temper like that with false pride fueled by the person calls "skill" when it is nothing but cheap tactics and bashes you for being inferior or not "using your weapon right", i.e spam it.
    DeadRayne
    DeadRayne

Post by DeadRayne Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm

I like these responses. Good business etc makes me have a good laugh but also brings up a good point. This games pvp is like an economy and relies on people to do their part to make it go round. Kinda cool
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm

I have had hate mail because i haven't indicted.
    I do the joy gesture when I get indicted.
    But I don't do it just because I never talk to the person who sells them. (forgot his name)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:49 pm

DeadRayne wrote:I like these responses. Good business etc makes me have a good laugh but also brings up a good point. This games pvp is like an economy and relies on people to do their part to make it go round. Kinda cool

But to some, their so called honour (which in reality is their personal rules, not honour) in their eyes is more important. By all means they have the right to think indictments are some kind of present but refusing to give them out has a negative effect on DkS PvP community. I suppose some people hate the PvP community and would rather Darkmoons would just disappear altogether so it works in their favour.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

steveswede wrote:
    But to some, their so called honour (which in reality is their personal rules, not honour) in their eyes is more important. By all means they have the right to think indictments are some kind of present but refusing to give them out has a negative effect on DkS PvP community. I suppose some people hate the PvP community and would rather Darkmoons would just disappear altogether so it works in their favour.
    Have the Darkmoon disappear? AHAH! The only way that would happen is if people stopped indicting Forest Hunters, and that will never happen! Seriously I think the Forest Hunters get indicted more than Darkwraiths and since theres a chance that someone fallen there would indict more than one invader. Even if the other invader spawned when the indicter died, they will also get the sin. So double the business for us!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm