Solaire, Lord of Sunlight

densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Solaire, Lord of Sunlight

Post by densetsushun on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm

I wanna make a build based around this idea that Solaire overthrew Gwyn and became the Lord of Sunlight.

http://mmdks.com/1gos

Great Lord Greatsword is on right hand secondary to switch over after Sunlight Blade runs out, I've decided to use the fugly Crown of the Greatlord because I'm going to model the head after Solaire anyway. Wolf Ring could be menu swapped for Ring of the Sun's Firstborn.

Are there any tips to how I can improve this build?

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Solaire, Lord of Sunlight

Post by LunarFog on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 pm

If you want, you can decrease 15 from Endurance so you're still at midroll, and then buff up strength and dex. Having higher dex could go really well with the lightning spear since it boosts it's speed. I can't help but think that if you want to go all out with the cosplay idea of Solaire becoming Lord of Sunlight then he'd have Sunlight spear.

Here's my idea of raising dex and strength at the cost of endurance.
    http://mmdks.com/1goz

And here's the sunlight spear version. (Quick swap between great lord great sword and the straight sword)
    http://mmdks.com/1gp2

densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:44 pm

I was considering Sunlight Spear, yeah, but I wasn't sure how well it would work min maxing stats. The endurance is something I can handle, I was primarily concerned with gimping Sunlight Straightsword's unbuffed power but it seems pretty doable.

I think I'll try the Sunlight Spear version, that seems like it would work well.

Edit:
    I'm also not sure if I should stick with the fugly crown, or switch to the Iron Helm and wear the Greatlord robe. Either way, it's both representative of what I want this toon to be like and equally ugly.

Edit:
    How about this one instead?
    http://mmdks.com/1gpc

I don't see myself needing more than 5 casts of Sunlight Spear, and as far as I know 45 dex is needed to increase casting speed, which also gives me a decent boost on both blades. Ring of the Sun's Firstborn just to get an absurd lemon buff.

1) It's not about you.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 pm

I'd stick with the crown. The crown is more symbolic of a king than the old king's robes. You could try switching the iron gauntlets to greatlords gauntlets too if you want. Less defense, but a different color.

And I know that 5 casts of sunlight spear is probably enough, but what if you nt to spam sunlight all day erry day? This all comes down to personal choice, but I'd at least want another spell slot for lightning or great lightning spear.

densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm

LunarFog wrote:I'd stick with the crown. The crown is more symbolic of a king than the old king's robes. You could try switching the iron gauntlets to greatlords gauntlets too if you want. Less defense, but a different color.

I thought the same thing about the crown, it's so much more symbolic of being a king.

1) It's not about you.

Steve Jobs:
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:14 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:I'd stick with the crown. The crown is more symbolic of a king than the old king's robes. You could try switching the iron gauntlets to greatlords gauntlets too if you want. Less defense, but a different color.

I thought the same thing about the crown, it's so much more symbolic of being a king.

If you want, you could also switch to his gunatlets. They seem to fit the whole "Kingly accessory" category.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 pm