Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What is music to you?

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

What is music to you? Empty What is music to you?

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:12 am

I'm bored and i got home early. I also just so happen to be in love with music, and love it more than life itself.

What i first had in mind was to make a topic about music in general. Just discussing whatever you feel like relating to music. But we all know that would fail, and so will this one most likely. But whatever! big grin

So, what is music to you?

Music, to me, is a way of expressing myself. It doesn't really matter if i'm simply listening, or writing it myself. I use it to communicate, because i'm a failure at communication.

I use songs as a tool of saying something to someone. For example: When me and my ex broke up, i listened to Shadow of the Day - Linkin Park because i'm a total bad*ss(not)! You can usually find what i'm trying to tell you/my mood by the title/lyrics of a song. It's rarely both, but always atleast one of them. Though, if it's neither, you should still be able to tell my mood by the sound of the songs. silly

In fact, you could probably guess my mood depending on what song i'm currently listening to. So if ever you're curious about how i feel at the moment, just check https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12693-jukebox-what-are-you-currently-listening-to to find out!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

What is music to you? Empty Re: What is music to you?

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am

A way of conveying either raw emotion or a message, if a song is to lack either of these qualities I don't care to listen to it.

A good example would SOAD because within their lyrics they actually have a message about politics or culture that I can understand and enjoy too.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

Music is a lot of things for me. Entertainment, a hobby, a passion. I used to play a lot of guitar and showed some basic aptitude with harmonica and piano. As for listening goes it's a major love of mine and it's the only thing I can enjoy when it's loud.

EDIT: This mini story tells a lot about my feelings for music....

My daughter and I listen to music in the car and yesterday she became enamored with "Dying For an Angel" by Avantasia. I tell her at one point, "here's a guitar part"

She replies "Like 'Don't Fear the Reaper!'" in an excited tone.

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't hold music in as much of a high esteem as most people, so I see it as nothing more than something that sounds good when put together. I also see it as something that others can use to express themselves, but I lack the understanding and care to worry about it that much.

Linkin Park and SOAD are my two favorite bands, by the way.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

The Letter X wrote:I don't hold music in as much of a high esteem as most people, so I see it as nothing more than something that sounds good when put together. I also see it as something that others can use to express themselves, but I lack the understanding and care to worry about it that much.

Linkin Park and SOAD are my two favorite bands, by the way.

That is worth a high five. Linkin Park all the way!
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Music to me...just like X, i dont hold it high, It just sounds good when put together. I am a fan of music though, I will listen to all kinds of music, from jazz to Hardstyle, Rap to rock, anything you throw at me, I can listen to it. I really like anime music for some reason too xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 am