Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
FinPeku
WandererReece
XachAttack
xenon_nobelium
8 posters

Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3]

xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3] Empty Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3]

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm

so i encountered one guy with staightsword moveset on a moonlight horn and anotherone with katana moveset on the zweihänder. both in the burg, both times i jumped off the stairs, didn't want to give them the honor of a "duel". of course they acted dumb when i messaged them. must be some ingame glitch, ps3 isn't that prone to hacking afaik. anyone knows whats up with that?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3] Empty Re: Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3]

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 pm

I've encountered this as well, though it was very rare. I asked everytime I saw it and the person doing it seemed to have no knowledge of it, so it might not be intentional.

I'm sure some of the more experienced forum dudes/dudettes will inform you better o/.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 pm

^ It's a glitch, and it can be exploited at will. I think you equip the weapon with the movest you want, and then switch to the weapon you want to use. If you do it a specific way, then you'll get the results you're complaining about. Fortunately I haven't seen anyone use this, but I would hate to fight someone that is.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ It's a glitch, and it can be exploited at will. I think you equip the weapon with the movest you want, and then switch to the weapon you want to use. If you do it a specific way, then you'll get the results you're complaining about. Fortunately I haven't seen anyone use this, but I would hate to fight someone that is.
    No. Usually this glitch is not exploited at will.

This happens sometimes if you invade a world where the host (or anyone who was there before you) is two-handing their weapon. It can be corrected simply by changing weapon or changing between 1h and 2h stance.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

^ look it up on youtube
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ look it up on youtube
    Umm... Ok? Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHpyDeg7_rs That is exactly what i'm talking about. That guy gets summoned to a world where the host is two-handing the zwei, but it seems on his screen that the host is one-handing what makes the animation look like a straight sword 2h r1.

If you are talking about the glitch where people swap r2 attacks between weapons, then that is a glitch what can be done at will but it is not what xenon_nobelium was talking about.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tniXKlbZ3y
    Last I checked you can't summon in firelink so.... Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3] 3596227959

Last edited by WandererReece on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah, i've seen that video and you can see his world is pretty badly glitched any other ways too. He is not wearing any armor while it seems like it, and in the end he drops into nothingness because half of his world has disappeared. Do you think that can be done at will in pvp too?

I'm pretty sure that is not what xenon was talking about but instead he was talking about the glitch i described happy
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:50 pm

to clarify, it happend in the last 7 days, maybe a new spill on how it's done? certainly hope it doesn't spread. and they had the whole movesets, the horizontal broadsword swings on the moonlight horn where quite horrifying. and they definitely had the hitboxes and dmg types of the weapons, it was not a visual glitch!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm still trying to find the one I saw the first time, but the hacking version keeps poping up. I only watched the first half of the vid. Sorry, I'll watch them in their entirty next time "master"

Also, don't worry xenon, the most people on the forum refuse to believe something new unless some else post a video. Once I saw this guy fly straight into the air on PS3! Everyone posted I was lying until a guy named PlasticandRage posted a picture of a guy floating in the air about a year later. Needless to say I got the last laugh.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Ehh... It's not that i "refuse to believe something new". Xenon's story simply sounds exactly like something i've experienced too. In the video i posted the host uses the r2 at 0:16 and it seems like a straight sword 2h r2.

Lag and bad connections can do crazy things in this game, that's all i'm saying.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I finally found that video! Moveset swapped Weapons [PS3] 639795459

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=ZdlFH3fjwIw

It is replicable, but not the same glitch that was described. I got the two confused and I appologise.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Bow No problem.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

@Peku
    Didn't we have this glitch happen to my Smough's hammer during the Path of the Dragon event in one of our fights?

I've fought plenty of people in the Forest with glitching weapons. I always just thought that they were doing it intentionally. But now I know that it can happen without the wielder of the glitching weapon ever knowing about it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm

yeah, i've seen that glitch before and it's only happned to me in the forest. its actually kinda funny how lag and crappy connections between people can make things like that happen.
    @fin you should show him your vid of the true dark magic lol
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Uparkaam wrote:@Peku
    Didn't we have this glitch happen to my Smough's hammer during the Path of the Dragon event in one of our fights?

I've fought plenty of people in the Forest with glitching weapons. I always just thought that they were doing it intentionally. But now I know that it can happen without the wielder of the glitching weapon ever knowing about it.
    Yes we did. And that's why people don't know what you're talking about if you send a message to them about it. Luckily it's not that common glitch, but it happens every now and then.

RantFromRant wrote:yeah, i've seen that glitch before and it's only happned to me in the forest. its actually kinda funny how lag and crappy connections between people can make things like that happen.
    @fin you should show him your vid of the true dark magic lol
    I don't know why, but it does seem to happen more often in the forest. Just like those glitches where you get summoned instead of invading etc.

The true dark magic is definitely one of the best wtf moments i've had with this game silly

Last edited by FinPeku on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm

I recently had an instance as a summon swinging my TCC around like a falchion. It's the result of lag via online interaction.

This also reminds me of summoning Rant and having him float above us about 20 feet in the air. Followed by Fin's dead angle Force on me which pulled me in as expected but in a totally off direction yet still triggered the collision's kick animation on Fin who was in the Anor tunnel from what I recall.

We really do put up with a lot of warts in the online infrastructure. Hats off to us all.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm

I've encountered this glitch recently as well and even posted it here. I met a guy with Smough's Hammer, but it had a moveset of a Hand Axe. It wouldn't be a problem if he actually had a Hand Axe and this was some sort of visual glitch that makes it look like he has a different weapon. But the weapon actually had Smough's Hammer's damage and Poise break capabilities, so I got stunlocked and killed very quickly.

It'd not what FinPeku showed us, That's spellswap glitch applied to weapons.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm

yes, i read that post sentinel, next day i encounter it myself >_<

dunno if finding out how it's done (if it can be done intentionally) is encouraged here, but:
    before the zweihänder guy had the katana moveset on it he was doing the "fail" animation when you lack the str. maybe it's item menu swap like the weapon buff one. just a thing i remembered just now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am