Time travel as part of the game?

    Share
    avatar
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2013-02-11
    Location : Shayol Ghul

    Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by AnCapaillMor on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 am

    We know we essentially time travelled in the DLC. Would love if it was part of the game, one of my favoutire platformers was Prince Of persia 2 warrior within. time travel was big in that, there was certain sections of levels that were blocked off the only way to get past was to find a warp gate and travel back or forward to when the obstruction wasn't there. The present would be in ruins, the past would be the area in all it's splendour and enemies evolved or devolved. Imagine the original demon ruins\lost izalith with taurus demons wearing top hats and monicles. Hope they somehow go with this.
    avatar
    OrangePledge

    Posts : 7
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-03-11

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by OrangePledge on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 am

    Well, in DkS, technically speaking you time traveled.
    "We are amidst strange beings, in a strange land.
    The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out.
    The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure."
    -Solaire of Astora

    But yea, I understand what you mean.
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by WandererReece on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 am

    AnCapaillMor wrote:taurus demons wearing top hats and monicles. Hope they somehow go with this.

    No lol!

    It would be cool to have a section like that again, but it may be one of those cards you can only play once. Sometimes I think that's why From didn't add another Old Monk type fight.


    _________________
    avatar
    DemonDrink
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-15

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by DemonDrink on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 am

    I love that theory that Domnhall of Zena is a time traveller, I like to think of him as "The Doctor" silly


    _________________
    Prostration
    ..water
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by Ashran on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 am

    Well, in the trailer we see dragon bones and then that dragon. But alive. Things are getting weird in the DkS universe and Papa Nito is not amused. We will all die.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    DemonDrink
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-15

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by DemonDrink on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:19 pm

    Ashran wrote:Well, in the trailer we see dragon bones and then that dragon. But alive.

    I'm still not entirely convinced that was a dragon. It looked about the size of a drake and it had one eye for whatever reason. Could just as well be a descendant like handsome Mr. Gaping Dragon. I just imagine all real dragons are about the same, Seath's form just being the sequencial result of the First Flame.
    :cyclops: Its good too see that they're still not making any effort to make obvious sense.


    _________________
    Prostration
    ..water
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by Ashran on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 pm

    DemonDrink wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Well, in the trailer we see dragon bones and then that dragon. But alive.

    I'm still not entirely convinced that was a dragon. It looked about the size of a drake and it had one eye for whatever reason. Could just as well be a descendant like handsome Mr. Gaping Dragon. I just imagine all real dragons are about the same, Seath's form just being the sequencial result of the First Flame.
    :cyclops: Its good too see that they're still not making any effort to make obvious sense.

    It looked like the same kind of Kalameet to me.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    DemonDrink
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-15

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by DemonDrink on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:24 pm

    Ashran wrote:
    DemonDrink wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Well, in the trailer we see dragon bones and then that dragon. But alive.

    I'm still not entirely convinced that was a dragon. It looked about the size of a drake and it had one eye for whatever reason. Could just as well be a descendant like handsome Mr. Gaping Dragon. I just imagine all real dragons are about the same, Seath's form just being the sequencial result of the First Flame.
    :cyclops: Its good too see that they're still not making any effort to make obvious sense.

    It looked like the same kind of Kalameet to me.
    Yeah I watched the trailer again, I see what you mean. I only watched it two or three times cos I hated it so much


    _________________
    Prostration
    ..water
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by Slarg232 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 am

    Also, wasn't the Gaping Dragon actually an everlasting dragon that starved to mutation since it couldn't actually die?


    _________________


    avatar
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 460
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Location : Dallas, TX

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by DE5PA1R on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm

    Ashran wrote:Well, in the trailer we see dragon bones and then that dragon. But alive. Things are getting weird in the DkS universe and Papa Nito is not amused. We will all die.

    Are you implying the dead dragon and the live dragon are the same creature?
    avatar
    DemonDrink
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-02-15

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by DemonDrink on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

    Slarg232 wrote:Also, wasn't the Gaping Dragon actually an everlasting dragon that starved to mutation since it couldn't actually die?

    "This axe, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by the tail of the Gaping Dragon, a distant, deformed descendant of the everlasting dragons." -Dragon King Greataxe item description

    You're close, but It would appear not.


    _________________
    Prostration
    ..water

    Sponsored content

    Re: Time travel as part of the game?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm