Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Serious_Much
Hue
6 posters

Manus NG+ :(

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Manus NG+ :( Empty Manus NG+ :(

Post by Hue Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm

NG+
    Perfect knowledge of moveset
    0 poise
    Not enough vit/end to tank
    Silver pendant

Ho do i avoid his circle-to-caster dark orbs? the pendant doesn't seem to block it, it works for his other attacks, but not that one, i tried pendant and stood still, faced away, moved sideways, rolled, flipped, jumped
    Every time i get hit
    I haven't ytried backstep though, might work same as the boulder

EDIT: Never mind, i just beat him, actually, you have to dodge to the side, now time for NG++

Last edited by Hachouma on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Manus NG+ :( Empty Re: Manus NG+ :(

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm

You heard of this thing called a shield? (I dunno if that blocks it, honestly i get screwed by that move too)

I heard getting in as close to manus as possible reduces the damage done, but I think it's hard as they come to avoid.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 am

You talking about the Ring that flies back into him? From what I've seen, it actually stops just in front of him so rushing into his face is how you dodge it.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 am

Really? the pendant doesn't work for you? It's never failed me before when he did that.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 am

I might have been a little bit overconfident with Gwyn...i am ashamed of myself Look Skyward

He can 2 shot me when i don't block, and the 9000 retries to win against artorias, kalameet, and manus made too used to fastroll

And for some reason, now i find it very difficult to parry
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Even though you said you beat him, for anyone who still cares I use three basic options to escape that incoming ring of DM that Manus uses:

-- silver pendant. This works fine, you just have to time it just as they close. Probably most foolproof.

-- target lock on Manus and then roll backwards away from him through the incoming projectiles. This is easier to time than you might think, just watch the closing ring on his sides and roll backwards accordingly. With a little practice you can pull this off 95% of the time.

-- Hide under Manus. This does work, but is my least favorite because it exposes you to all his other flailing, and if you confuse his ring cast with the spray cone cast you often will run right into a OHKO.

Finally if you are really far out you can actually just run between the orbs before they close the circle, but if you're doing that you probably have other issues with fighting him anyway.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:24 pm

befowler wrote:Even though you said you beat him, for anyone who still cares I use three basic options to escape that incoming ring of DM that Manus uses:

-- silver pendant. This works fine, you just have to time it just as they close. Probably most foolproof.

-- target lock on Manus and then roll backwards away from him through the incoming projectiles. This is easier to time than you might think, just watch the closing ring on his sides and roll backwards accordingly. With a little practice you can pull this off 95% of the time.

-- Hide under Manus. This does work, but is my least favorite because it exposes you to all his other flailing, and if you confuse his ring cast with the spray cone cast you often will run right into a OHKO.

Finally if you are really far out you can actually just run between the orbs before they close the circle, but if you're doing that you probably have other issues with fighting him anyway.

I tried the first two, a lot, and the balls hit me anyways, i'm fairly sure i timed the roll/pendant correctly (i also spammed both to make sure), although i think the pendant worked once

the third one...i didn't try, but i saw videos, and i think that's way beyond my reaction time
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I usually run out and if i cant make it, i roll through them u.u

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am