The ultimate test of skill

    Share
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 am

    It doesn't matter who can beat who with what.Asking who the greatest player is just means you ask who has the least of a life.

    Lunar,let us know how it goes when you get back to playing.


    _________________
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Rynn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 am

    The Letter X wrote:
    Even if what you say is true about the higher SL's providing better players, the community can be much different on Xbox and could prove to be the opposite of what you are claiming.
    Which it is, over on X-box we have a thriving community of SL 55 players, whom can often kick the butts of SL100's. Generally around SL 200 and above you get tryhards whom just spam dark bead, and then backstab fish with their 77 poise and 2300 HP, flasking. So no, higher SL's on X-box do not provide tests of skill.
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by LunarFog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am

    lorenzo110 wrote:Well Lunar thats why I think I can call BS on your intentions of wanting to get better. You are trapped in this builds mentality. The game is not structured that way. That is a player structure imposed by those that choose to stay at 120. You need to look beyond that and aquire skill. Of course your not going to lose much fighting at 120 LOL. The percentages dictate you will be facing invaders who are mostly noob players or invading them. I fight at the higher levels where I am challenged by mostly people my own experiance and skill level. Once in a great while I will get a 120 who invades me and crush them. Not because of build but because of skill and my counter knowledge. You have to understand the game mechanics which doesnt sound like you do. Again percentages dictate you will be apt to face low level invaders or invade lower levels for the most part at a higher percentance then say a max level fighter will. Learn to challenge yourself. Strip away your mentality that builds defines pvp game play. It does not. Skill does. I have played DS and DKS and platinum both. I have thousands of hours experiance in this game. Since you claim your a pro with the spear go into the forest naked with just your spear and nothing else. No spells or buffs or even rings to boost attack damage. Start that way in challenging yourself. Then build from that. Most of the youtubers and very good skilled players did that. They fought at a disadvantage against multiple opponents and the "learned" how to advance their "skill". Otherwise you will never ever be as good as you are right now and will always have problems against players that are better skilled then you. They work at it the old fashion way, by losing alot and fighting at a disadvantage in order to grow and learn as a player the counters and attack skills they need to become very good players. You seem more preoccupied with winning all the time and being the "Best" spear fighter in DKS, whatever that maybe lol. I have yet to see anyone be the best at anything in DKS, period. There is always something new to learn about this game and anyone saying or claiming they are the greatest can not be taken serious at all. Nor do they have any intentions of wanting to be better. Hubris is the fall of many who think themselves great, because in the end they are not. Its doubtful you will do this because I have seen many players like you come and go. They get bored eventually because all they can do is 1v1 but when it comes to challenging themselves to become better they find out they lack the motivation and are discouraged by constantly losing. They cant fight without having to rely on buff advantages in rings and spells. Veterans dont respect players like that they admire the ones that challenge themselves by fighting at a disadvantage and winning against all odds. Impress people by being different and dont be another cookie cutter build fighter like everyone else that stays at 120. The forest awaits you. Challenge yourself. Becuase reading your messages is only proving you really have no intentions to do just that. Great spear pro? I never heard of you. And I have fought them all on PS3. Good luck though, maybe I'll see you in the forest and you can show me your pro skills. Till then I'll just call BS on that lol.

    I'll pay anyone who summarizes and translates all of this guy's walls of text for me in rep points. I feel as though there's something I can make fun of him about if I just read a few sentences, but I'm not going to wade through a crap lake just to find bullcrap stories he expects me to just trust him on.

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Rynn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am

    LunarFog wrote:
    lorenzo110 wrote:Well Lunar thats why I think I can call BS on your intentions of wanting to get better. You are trapped in this builds mentality. The game is not structured that way. That is a player structure imposed by those that choose to stay at 120. You need to look beyond that and aquire skill. Of course your not going to lose much fighting at 120 LOL. The percentages dictate you will be facing invaders who are mostly noob players or invading them. I fight at the higher levels where I am challenged by mostly people my own experiance and skill level. Once in a great while I will get a 120 who invades me and crush them. Not because of build but because of skill and my counter knowledge. You have to understand the game mechanics which doesnt sound like you do. Again percentages dictate you will be apt to face low level invaders or invade lower levels for the most part at a higher percentance then say a max level fighter will. Learn to challenge yourself. Strip away your mentality that builds defines pvp game play. It does not. Skill does. I have played DS and DKS and platinum both. I have thousands of hours experiance in this game. Since you claim your a pro with the spear go into the forest naked with just your spear and nothing else. No spells or buffs or even rings to boost attack damage. Start that way in challenging yourself. Then build from that. Most of the youtubers and very good skilled players did that. They fought at a disadvantage against multiple opponents and the "learned" how to advance their "skill". Otherwise you will never ever be as good as you are right now and will always have problems against players that are better skilled then you. They work at it the old fashion way, by losing alot and fighting at a disadvantage in order to grow and learn as a player the counters and attack skills they need to become very good players. You seem more preoccupied with winning all the time and being the "Best" spear fighter in DKS, whatever that maybe lol. I have yet to see anyone be the best at anything in DKS, period. There is always something new to learn about this game and anyone saying or claiming they are the greatest can not be taken serious at all. Nor do they have any intentions of wanting to be better. Hubris is the fall of many who think themselves great, because in the end they are not. Its doubtful you will do this because I have seen many players like you come and go. They get bored eventually because all they can do is 1v1 but when it comes to challenging themselves to become better they find out they lack the motivation and are discouraged by constantly losing. They cant fight without having to rely on buff advantages in rings and spells. Veterans dont respect players like that they admire the ones that challenge themselves by fighting at a disadvantage and winning against all odds. Impress people by being different and dont be another cookie cutter build fighter like everyone else that stays at 120. The forest awaits you. Challenge yourself. Becuase reading your messages is only proving you really have no intentions to do just that. Great spear pro? I never heard of you. And I have fought them all on PS3. Good luck though, maybe I'll see you in the forest and you can show me your pro skills. Till then I'll just call BS on that lol.

    I'll pay anyone who summarizes and translates all of this guy's walls of text for me in rep points. I feel as though there's something I can make fun of him about if I just read a few sentences, but I'm not going to wade through a crap lake just to find bullcrap stories he expects me to just trust him on.
    Of course you're not going to lose at level 120. Head to the forest where you have to fight SL300-500 players and then you can show me your pro skills, until then he's gonna call BS.

    Oh, and "I've never heard of you"
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by LunarFog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 am

    ...There's just too much to pick on. I'm going to end up getting banned for flaming.

    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by The Letter X on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 am

    He expanded his opinion on why SL 120 PvP holds no competition and high SL PvP is where it's at. He also touched on how he doesn't believe you know the game's mechanics since you're making builds at SL 120. You shouldn't have a cookie cutter build at 120 because it's not going to impress anyone...no one is the master at anything....he fought all the best spear users on PS3. Yeah.

    I didn't do it for the rep, I just find his posts interesting to read even if I think they're completely wrong.


    _________________
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 am

    LunarFog wrote:
    I'll pay anyone who summarizes and translates all of this guy's walls of text for me in rep points. I feel as though there's something I can make fun of him about if I just read a few sentences, but I'm not going to wade through a crap lake just to find bullcrap stories he expects me to just trust him on.

    That comment kinda made my day. +1 lol!

    Edit:I'll do it when I can vote again.


    _________________

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm

    KrazykevS10 wrote:....Grow the hell up children... silly

    NEVER!!!!!




    What game was that a 17 seconds???? Correct guess gets 100 interwebs.
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

    Animaaal wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:....Grow the hell up children... silly

    NEVER!!!!!




    What game was that a 17 seconds???? Correct guess gets 100 interwebs.

    Not cool bro....everyone wants to be a Toys R Us kid. tongue


    _________________
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by LunarFog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 pm

    Dear Lorenzo0rwh4t3v3ry0urnam3is

    I still haven't bothered to read your wall of lies. In fact, judging from your post count, rep, and ridiculously wrong and invalid views, I think you're just a troll so...I'm done. There's no way you can be serious.


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

    LunarFog wrote:Dear Lorenzo0rwh4t3v3ry0urnam3is

    I still haven't bothered to read your wall of lies. In fact, judging from your post count, rep, and ridiculously wrong and invalid views, I think you're just a troll so...I'm done. There's no way you can be serious.

    That si not the correct answer. At 17 seconds in the aforementioned vid, it is the infamous game "ET". Dubbed "The Worst Game of all Time" by almost every video game reviewer.

    100 interwebs for me!!!!!!!!!!

    I now reserve the right to forceyou into usingthat green cadeous shield thing. silly
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by LunarFog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:08 pm

    Ok Ok animal. I'll give into your concerns. Along with my basic light, medium, and heavy armor sets, I'll have a not-so-basic antimage set so I can kill the mage and get back to testing my skill as quickly as possible.


    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 pm

    cheers

    I just worry about you guys sometimes. Sometimes my apprentices get blood lust and do some unsavory things...quite frankly, I'm tired of hunting them down and killing them myself for their treachery.

    May the force be with you. Bow

    Sponsored content

    Re: The ultimate test of skill

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am