Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?"

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?" Empty RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?"

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:24 am

I consider myself a master at searching things on the internet, if I can't find it, it's probably on the underweb, been taken down, or doesn't exist (at least on the internet). I realize sometimes that people see cool images/gifs and want to know where are they from, so I think I should tell you guys about one of my tools: Reverse Image Searching Engines (RISE). Here is the one I use: http://www.tineye.com/

It basically takes the image you give it, and searchs around the web for images with the same type of color patterns and such (I don't really understand it that well, I don't care enough to research it lol).

I used it to find about this beauty, the most beautiful person I know in the world:

Spoiler:

I saw an image of her on a forum (someone was using it as an avatar), the image itself didn't have any info, neither did it's URL, so I used reverse image searching, and similar image came up, with proper info about them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?" Empty Re: RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?"

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 am

She is rather attractive.

Interesting little gizmo you got here, tempted to have a play around with it
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?" Empty Re: RISE (Reverse Image Searching Engine) - Answer: "Where is that image/gif from?"

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:34 am

Google has the same thing, but I never used it.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 am

I use Tineye quite a lot, I remember it being annoying when I was reverse searching a wallpaper though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 am

I haven't used Google's in awhile, (it's built into their Google Goggle apps I believe) but if I recall correctly, it was horrendously inaccurate. A reliable one would be amazing so good find......good find.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am