Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

resist curse broken?

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

resist curse broken? Empty resist curse broken?

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:59 pm

I was in the depths and got cursed. I relized it was a great oppertunity to try the resist curse spell I have. I attuned the spell and casted it, and it didn't work. Then I read the description and saw the humanity part. I consumed a humanity and casted it again, and it didn't work.

Then I thought it only increases curse resistance. I cured my curse with a purging stone. Then I checked my curse resistance. Then I casted the spell again and checked my curse resistance again, and it didn't change.

Is this spell broken? I have 50 int, and the number of uses decreases everytime I use it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

resist curse broken? Empty Re: resist curse broken?

Post by Dibsville Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:00 pm

I think it's like Remedy except it only works on the build up. Try getting some high curse resist, the build your curse about half way and cast it, see if that resets it to normal.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Better yet; think of the curse as a Lifehunt Scythe. As your "curse" gets higher and higher from using it, you'll use a Bloodred Clump. You would use it BEFORE you bleed out. The same could be said for Resist Curse. You may have to use it before you get cursed, not to heal your curse.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:22 pm

It worked perfectly as it's description says. Removed Curse build up and removed Curse for one soft Humanity, but I heard that it was promptly patched for some reason.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

^ Do you mean it worked before the patch, but now it doesn't?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:50 am

I was told it removed curse at the cost of a humanity, but when I tried it only removed curse build-up. This was back in july on patch 1.05, so I never tested it before that.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

I had the pleasure of playing Dark Souls offline for the first three months after it's release, because I didn't have an internet connection due to moving. That means I had the game unpatched.
    There was a LOT of changes when I finally patched it.
    The game was generally a lot harder back then.

About the spell, it worked. I had to use it once.
    You see back then, Oswald was only one outside of Ingward who sold Purging Stones and since you got around 50% less Souls from mobs, paying 3000 for something with unknown use was impossible for me. When I managed to get Cursed in Depths, I had to go to New Londo and have Ingward remove the Curse. Curse could also stack four times, making you have only 6% of your max HP.

Resist Curse was a godsend for me, because I wouldn't have to go back to Parish, or New Londo to get my Curse removed if it hapened again. Needless to say, I did got Cursed again, by Seath this time around. I simply used the spell at the bonfire and it removed my Curse and took one soft Humanity from the counter.

Now, you can't tell if it took something or no, because the skull covers the Humanity counter, but at that time, I had 10 Humanity (which was a lot to me back then) and when I removed the Curse with the spell I got only 9.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 pm