Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
NPCWhiteMage
LunarFog
Kirk-Barb
7 posters

The Invisible Foe

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Invisible Foe Empty The Invisible Foe

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I fought an opponent last night who was almost completely invisible. I had no idea you could get it that good.

I'm on PS3. I'm in Dark Anor Londo on my way to kill Gwendilyn for the buff when I'm kicked out of the fire in front of the fog gate before I'm ready. I wait for the rotating stair to go up and then return.

I rush for the stair. I'm figuring on meeting my enemy on the stair and hopefully fighting him above. But as I reach the stair and head up I am hit and take damage???? There is nobody around?!!? I continue upward and I'm hit again?!!? How is that possible??? Is he somehow shooting me from above with poison arrows? (I must confess here to shear stupidity. The effect bar I was seeing was bleed not poison. Heat of battle and all is my only excuse.) So now I weave back and forth as I continue to climb and I'm still getting hit. I finally reach the top, less half my health, and rush to do battle, but there is nobody there???

It now dawns on me that I am fighting an invisible foe and he has been smacking me all the way up the stairs. :oops: I still can't see him, so I spin about trying for a lock on and get one. Right in front of me. I still can't see much. I can barely make out the outline of his form and kind of see the bandit knife in his right hand and the parrying dagger in his left.

He attacks, and I introduce him to my friend Clay More. He tries to parry, but I have already learned that lesson and do not spam any extra attacks unless he is stunlocked. I had expected him to to roll away and break my lock, because if he had I would have most certainly lost track of him again. But he didn't, and instead went toe to toe with me trying for a parry, without poise or armor. I had plenty of both. The fight was over pretty quickly.

I believe, had we not fought on the revolving stairway, I would have been hornet chain stabbed to death without a clue as to what had just happened. I sent him a message praising his build, but he was not in the mood to reply. He must have been a little frustrated by all the BS attempts that had failed as he chased me up the stairs.

For those who like hate mail. This build would definately garner some. I'm surprised I have never seen a video with this type of Darkmoon build.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Invisible Foe Empty Re: The Invisible Foe

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 pm

it was a hack. I've seen one where only the head(which was the mask of child) was visible. Really creepy
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:44 pm

LunarFog wrote:it was a hack. I've seen one where only the head(which was the mask of child) was visible. Really creepy

Ha! If I saw that, I don't think I could fight. 2 things would happen. Either I would cry myself to sleep that night, or laugh throughout the entire invasion and just let the floating head have its way with me.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:57 pm

A hack huh? Bummer, and I praised the guy's build. Oh well, he probably thought I was being sarcastic.

It's too bad the fog ring really didn't work that well when you were naked, with close in weapons. It definately adds a higher level of tension to your fight.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm

It wasn't a hack, ignore everyone else. There is a glitch with those elevators that turn the invader invisible. Not a hack, but a glitch
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm

FattyOfDoom wrote:It wasn't a hack, ignore everyone else. There is a glitch with those elevators that turn the invader invisible. Not a hack, but a glitch

So you're saying if I am wearing the fog ring in Dark Anor Londo, and step onto the rotating stair, then not only will I not be back stabbed, but I'm harder to see as well?
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 pm

You don't need the fog ring, if you turn the bridge as an invader you will sometimes just be invisible.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:52 pm

What!! Wow... :shock:

The guy acted like he expected to be invisible. I mean, he was pretty much naked, armed with knives, going for a backstab all or nothing win.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Then he either knew about the glitch, or he was just playing for fun. That's why i don't invade there, i get accused of being a hacker every time.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I hope he knew about the glitch and thought he was invisible, or I came off as a real jerk.

He waited at the bottom to ambush me. Missed the backstab, but instead of attacking him back, I simply ignored him and continued up the stairs. I continued to ignore him all the while he was attacking me until I got to the top, where I stopped, looking right at his character, for a second or two, (I was trying to locate him). He then attacked me one more time and I crushed him with my claymore, bowed politely, then sent him praise on having a cool and unique build.

I'm betting he might have misinterpreted the intent of my message.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:11 pm

I encountered the same thing you did in Sunny land. Friend and I were gonna do Drake n Josh and decided we were gonna clobber Gwyndolin first. A Darkmoon invaded as I was summoning my friend. I guess I was lucky in that the guy didn't seem aware of the glitch because he was wearing something that gave stamina regen, so I saw a green cloud approaching me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 pm

this is because of how cells load... i gave a mild tutorial of it in the forest yesterday while streaming. (And i quote: "if i cast tempest while standing right here THEY CAN'T see MEEEEEE")... but I didn't explain how to do glitches like -that- one...

This specific bug is generally not done intentionally, but it's caused by the game not locating the player model. The rotating stairs in Anor Londo are specifically prone to this glitch, but it's caused by being in one of the different game cells, and when you leave it, having the game not be aware you've done such. Even though you're in a different cell, unless this cell is the one the game believes you're actually in, you'll remain invisible. It's possible to do this intentionally in several areas, the forest, anor londo, the kiln, and the burg, but when it happens it's almost always unintentional.

Much like that glitch to make all weapons swing like a longsword, it's one of those glitches that people -really- don't like to talk about if they know.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:52 am

So what you're really saying Rynn, is the guy hates me now because he didn't know, even though I did know, and told him I did know, but he still didn't know.:suspect:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:25 am

The guy hates you because from his perspective you were making fun of him.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 am

^this
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:20 am

I fought a pair of kirks gauntlets once. Everything else was invisible. Doesn't sound like your thing though, he was completely invisible except for his gloves.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:24 am

Kirks armor does have a tendency to go invisible, like the leggings of thorns + Fog ring but i have never seen his whole body invisible...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm