Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns

Poll

Diminishing returns or Fluctuating returns?

[ 5 ]
    Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_lcap38%Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_lcap38%Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_lcap23%Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns I_vote_rcap [23%] 

Total Votes: 13
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns Empty Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns

Post by LunarFog Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Diminishing returns - When the reward/value of investing into something becomes less the more you invested. i.e: Investing points into dex after 40.

Fluctuating returns - When the reward/value of investing into something becomes less the more you invested up until a certain point

I think some aspects of the game should have fluctuating returns instead of diminishing returns. It would give players all the incentive they need for going all the way regarding something.

I think covenants above all else should have fluctuating returns(or a huge reward for getting to rank 3). Maybe a giant spike every 10 points into a stat after 40? A spike in the amount of defense humanity adds?
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns Empty Re: Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns

Post by morte Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I, for one, would be partial to diminishing returns. It's more realistic. In real life, the difference between an expert and a master is only a few points, so, the more you level up after a certain point, the less you should get out of it. It just makes sense. I can see the attraction to fluctuating returns, but for me, it'd make for too much grinding and immersion-breaking.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns Empty Re: Diminishing returns vs Fluctuating returns

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm for diminishing returns. I feel that after a certain point stats should be less important and success or failure should be all about skill.

As for a covenant bonus. It should only apply if you are in the covent and be lost if you leave.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

the problem with diminishing returns is we get high level stagnation and people don't go as high as they cant for fun, another sugestion I have is have MH style armor upgrades (I.E. once you get NG+ (+++ etc) you can get new gear that is better but requires more and more stats.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:12 pm

I think it would have made more sense if the merchants didn't sell titanite until NG+. Maybe even have slabs only drop for the first time in NG+ and get a small increase in probability for each additional run through.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm for anything that pushes the meta past 100-120.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 am