I need help

Brodytheslayer

I need help

Post by Brodytheslayer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:54 pm

I want to do more pvp but I'm no good at it, I can't practice really as I am apparently an easy target for backstabs, so I need some tips or something
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: I need help

Post by bloodpixel on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

What is your equipment/stats?

Post by reim0027 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Get to SL 120 and I'll spar with you. We can go over strategies, practice moves and timing, parrying, avoiding backstabs, etc.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Brodytheslayer

Post by Brodytheslayer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:04 pm

SL 90 with fairly balanced stats, everything's around 20 except attunement (Vit and End closer to 30) and i have medium/light armor and fire iato +10
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Not very good at PvP either but here are some tips that may (or may not) help.

1) Learn how to identify when spells are being used. Pay special attention when determining if the opponent is using a glove, catalyst or talisman. If they are, expect a spell. Watch for them advancing on you when holding these items. For example, if an opponent is coming towards you with a talisman, they are likely going to try to wrath of the gods you. Learning the motions that the avatars do when casting spells can also help you avoid them.

2) If the opponent tries to get close and circle you, back off, it is very easy for them to lagstab you if you try to also get close to them. Play the patience game and force them to do something else in these instances.

3) Examine their equipment. Heavy armor and spears may mean a tank, which requires a different fighting style than combating an opponent with a bandit's knife (going for ripostes and backstabs).

4) Watch for auras around an opponent. For example, if you see a green glow, then they are using the ring of divine favor and protection. They may be using this in conjunction with the darkroot grain ring. Again, these combinations result in them using different tactics, which will require different tactics on your part as well.

Sorry that I can't be of more help, I am really bad at fighting other players.

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.

Brodytheslayer

Post by Brodytheslayer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

reim0027 wrote:Get to SL 120 and I'll spar with you. We can go over strategies, practice moves and timing, parrying, avoiding backstabs, etc.

Sounds good, would you suggest soul farming on first playthrough or just play on 2nd? (all I have left to do is beat gwyn)
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Def go to NG+. You'll get a lot more souls. If you don't have the Silver Serpent's ring, found in the ToG, go get it. After you beat a boss, equip it ASAP, and you'll get more souls (IIRC, 20%) from the boss. Don't worry about your stats, for practice it really doesn't matter.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 am