Wholesome Advice

    Share
    avatar
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 34
    Location : New York

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:53 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Invest in a gortex coat

    Gortex can pretty much be applied to any problem. That's universal advice.


    _________________
    All great men have mustaches.

    TIGER UPPERCUT!

    PSN: PlasticAndRage
    avatar
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1282
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2013-02-11
    Location : Shayol Ghul

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by AnCapaillMor on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Indian food. Don't ask what it is, just eat it.

    And buy soft toilet paper for afterwards.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 pm

    Don't complain. Period. If something needs to be done, do it - don't mope around.


    _________________

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

    If a teacher starts to **** you off in lessons, try to do your utmost to make yourself appear completely happy. Teachers see unhappy children as people who are not paying attention to them, and will often pick on them during lessons. So try to look happy in school, regardless of how crap it actually is.


    Last edited by RenegadeCop on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:52 am

    What kind of school did you go to??? Sounds like a gulag.


    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by User1 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:30 am

    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:What kind of school did you go to??? Sounds like a gulag.

    I'll write this in White so you can read it. I went to a Church of England school, I can't say it was the most strict school I've heard of, but it wasn't exactly lax either. The teachers would look for anyone who looked tired or looked like they were not paying attention, and pick on them with difficult questions they obviously had no clue about. They would only not pick on you if you looked like you were interested in what they were saying, and frequently asking questions.
    avatar
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 415
    Reputation : 33
    Join date : 2012-10-26
    Age : 25
    Location : D'Hara

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by WaLKA on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:36 am

    It's better to regret doing something that might make you look stupid than regret doing nothing at all.


    _________________
    XBL: iHokuto Shinken

    Owner of The HnK Leveling & Soul Service. Smith of Lord of Ash, The Invader Trader. Velka's Blade of the Exiled of Ariamis. Far East Trainers initiate.


    I got 99 problems but a witch ain't one.
    avatar
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 232
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-11
    Location : Mare Tranquillitatis

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Gambs_the_Grey on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 am

    AnCapaillMor wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Indian food. Don't ask what it is, just eat it.

    And buy soft toilet paper for afterwards.

    I normally put my tp in the fridge before eating curry.
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 am

    Forum Pirate brought up kidney stones on the random off-topic thread.

    Here's some advice DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Then you won't get kidney stones...it's that simple.


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:10 am

    I try to drink about ten gallons a day.


    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 am

    I know that. It was an unforeseen consequence of a fondness for yogurt+ lactose intolerance. (Too much water a day in unhealthy, it washes out nutrients before the body can absorb them.)


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 am

    Nope. New scientifical researches have proven that every human needs minimum ten gallons a day to be healthy.
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:I know that. It was an unforeseen consequence of a fondness for yogurt+ lactose intolerance. (Too much water a day in unhealthy, it washes out nutrients before the body can absorb them.)

    Sorry I wasn't addressing what I said to you but to everyone else re-read my post and realized how it sounded Prostration


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 am

    Fair enough.

    See what I mean? Thats why I said "Don't assume intent"


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by EeAyEss on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 am

    10 gallons? I thought it was half your weight in liquid ounces.


    _________________
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by The Letter X on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 am

    ^That's what I heard and try to go by. I'm pretty sure he was joking.


    _________________
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am

    Never joke on the interwebz.
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by EeAyEss on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 am

    Riiiiiight.


    _________________
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

    Cardio.
    Double tap.
    Enjoy the little things.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am

    Never underestimate people - although they may seem rather dense at a first glance or even after conversing with them they likely are better in certain fields than you or the reason you judged them the way you did could be because they are putting on a facade.


    _________________
    ▶️̸̱◀️
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 am

    That strikes me as an amalgamation of

    Don't judge a book by its cover

    and

    Intelligence (or the appearance of) =/= knowledge


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5277
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2012-04-07
    Age : 24
    Location : The League of Draven.

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm

    ^^ Yup.


    _________________
    ▶️̸̱◀️
    Requiem æternam. Dona eis, Domine Dum veneris judacare sæculum per ignum.

    For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 pm

    TehInfamousAmos wrote:Never underestimate people - although they may seem rather dense at a first glance or even after conversing with them they likely are better in certain fields than you or the reason you judged them the way you did could be because they are putting on a facade.

    This is me all over.. And by that i mean people think I'm dumb because I don't speak poshly and don't do 'intellectual conversation' lol


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by steveswede on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 pm

    Assumption is the mother of all F'ups.

    Never concern yourself with the irrelevant. I learned this recently with the observation of feminism and the many assumptions of misogyny in the gaming industry. All it does is bog you down and builds unnecessary barriers. No human can cope with the whole world on their shoulders so only focus on what's relevant to your life.

    For more context he's a quote from another site I posted about sexism in the gaming industry.

    Spoiler:
    I've decided now I'm no longer going to be part of these types of debates anymore anywhere. I've come to the conclusion from everything I've researched that it's irrelevant. It's irrelevant that a handful, and really mean a handful of gaming websites in the world allow a vocal minority have personal issues with the opposite sex (both ways, sexism is not exclusive to females), it irrelevant that game characters get created out of some influence from stereotypes and a vocal minority get offended by them, it's irrelevant that made up characters have out of proportion body parts and people get offended, It irrelevant that one sex is greater than another in a particular field like game development, it's irrelevant when in reality video games have no real impact on me in the real world as in that killing people online doesn't make me a killer, the same goes for playing games that some people might deem as sexist/racist, and it's irrelevant that people get offended if they can't play a particular sex because a particular video game is doing it as an expression of art.

    Anyone who thinks there's some solution to this is deluded, there's no solution because that isn't the point here. This is about people calling for action on personal sensitive issues that most likely doesn't exist in their real world surroundings and more than likely has been built up in their minds out of fear.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by densetsushun on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:28 pm

    steveswede wrote:Assumption is the mother of all F'ups.

    Never concern yourself with the irrelevant. I learned this recently with the observation of feminism and the many assumptions of misogyny in the gaming industry. All it does is bog you down and builds unnecessary barriers. No human can cope with the whole world on their shoulders so only focus on what's relevant to your life.

    For more context he's a quote from another site I posted about sexism in the gaming industry.

    Spoiler:
    I've decided now I'm no longer going to be part of these types of debates anymore anywhere. I've come to the conclusion from everything I've researched that it's irrelevant. It's irrelevant that a handful, and really mean a handful of gaming websites in the world allow a vocal minority have personal issues with the opposite sex (both ways, sexism is not exclusive to females), it irrelevant that game characters get created out of some influence from stereotypes and a vocal minority get offended by them, it's irrelevant that made up characters have out of proportion body parts and people get offended, It irrelevant that one sex is greater than another in a particular field like game development, it's irrelevant when in reality video games have no real impact on me in the real world as in that killing people online doesn't make me a killer, the same goes for playing games that some people might deem as sexist/racist, and it's irrelevant that people get offended if they can't play a particular sex because a particular video game is doing it as an expression of art.

    Anyone who thinks there's some solution to this is deluded, there's no solution because that isn't the point here. This is about people calling for action on personal sensitive issues that most likely doesn't exist in their real world surroundings and more than likely has been built up in their minds out of fear.
    There are so many things wrong with that post, but I'll respect your right to an opinion and to not enter into debates about it anymore. I just wanna say that you're completely missing the point on the feminist gamer movement.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Wholesome Advice

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:29 pm