Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

onion quest line question...

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

onion quest line question... Empty onion quest line question...

Post by Darkson Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 pm

I'd like to keep both Siegmeyer and Sieglinde alive of course...

I have spoken to them on every single location they both went to, I only have Lost Izalith left to meet Siegmeyer there. The Wiki tells me that I shouldn't have spoken to Sieglinde at Firelink Shrine before I go to visit Siegmeyer in Lost Izalith, but I did it unfortunately. Does that mean there's not going to be a happy ending now? Will I somehow receive a slab though?

I ask this because the Wiki also says that you can only get that Speckled Ring if you kill Siegmeyer/let him die before he finally goes to Ash Lake. He won't drop it otherwise. 😕

If this is true and if I'm not going to recieve a slab anyway, I'd let him die in Izalith to get his ring...

I would be greatful if someone could confirm this...

onion quest line question... 3149687655
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

onion quest line question... Empty Re: onion quest line question...

Post by berkut Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 pm

I have never done this before, but based on reading the wiki, here is my take on it.

It suggests that as long as you don't talk to Sieglinde more than once at firelink you will be alright. However, if Siegmeyer dies at ash lake (the non-happy ending) then you still get a slab. If you only care about getting the ring. Then if you kill all of the octo demons before talking to Siegmeyer, then he will give you the ring and that will be the end of that.

Note that it is possible for Siegmeyer to be poisoned (according to the wiki) which could screw up your ending, warp out quickly after finishing the lost Izalith section, and quit the game (or some other method) to reset his poison gauge.

Hope that helps :/
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Oh, sorry, I got that wrong. It says "speak to her once", I somehow thought I shouldn't at all talk to her at Firelink before I go to Siegmeyer in Izalith and then afterwards talk to her at Firelink and then they will both be at Ash Lake.

So if I spoke to her only once it should be fine? Well, I didn't do that, I always interact with the NPCs until the dialogs repeat. 🇳🇴 So did I mess up now? Why talk to her only once anyway? How should I have known that? It seems weird to me. :suspect: (I can't remember what she was saying at the second interaction)

Edit: Ok, I still get a slab even if Siegmeyer dies, but I'm afraid that Sieglinde might be missing or something...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 pm

I believe as long as you don't go back to speak to her that second time, just before going to Izalith, you'll be okay.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Nonononono you don't understand! I already spoke to he twice. And now she's gone sad

I guess I will just proceed and do what the Wiki tells me (keep Siegmeyer alive) regardless of that I spoke to her 2 times, and just see what happens. Seems like I can't do anything about it.

Thanks for your help though... Can you give me a slab if I don't get one? silly
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 pm

If it fails and you keep Siegmeyer alive then you will likely still get a slab, but probably not the ring. Still though, let us know what you find out, the wiki is slightly vague on why talking to Siedlinde more than once is bad.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Yeah, that's why I was asking.

Edit: I ment that's why i question it now (after I got it right) xD
    Ok, thanks. I shall proceed now and post here what happened then. onion quest line question... 1447589260

Last edited by Darkson on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added sth obviously)
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah as long as Siegmeyer shows up in Lost Izalith, you can get either Stone Speckled (kill all octo demons) or the slab from Sieglinde at Ash Lake (letting him help and survive). I diligently followed the supposed instructions for getting him to survive and show up alive at Ash Lake, but it didnt work- she killed him anyway. I don't think that there is a way to get both in the same game.

Also curious is that when you look at his corpse at Ash Lake, he is totally not hollow! It's hard to get the camera angle right, but he looks fleshy to me, not all zombified like the other fallen NPCs. Murder?!
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 am

Oh well! I'm such a moron.

I went down to kill all octos but 1. Of course I fudged up and they all died by walking into a pit. I thought maybe they'd respawn, so I used Homeward Bone and went there again. I saw that 1 octo thing respawned, but seemingly outside the designated area, because as I talked to Siegmeyer he said that I always keep surprising him and gave me the ring. DAMMIT! :x

I was so mad that I tried to kick him down there and somehow get him to fight that 1 octo demon. He went aggro after my first attemted kick and as I got him down he just stood there for a while in the poison sludge and then started walking towards the octo thing (most probably wanted to get out to fight me). So I jumped down too. Siegmeyer starts attacking the octo demon, kills it, then starts attacking me. I warped back home.

As I came back, he was above at his regular spot again, with full health. Still aggro of course.

I homeward boned again and then went to absolve my sins, then went back hoping to find a friendly Siegmeyer there maybe, but he was just gone.

Will move to Ash Lake next and see what I get...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm