WooooHooo!

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

WooooHooo!

Post by alchemydesign on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 am

Just Platinumed(or whatever the Xbox version of that would be) the game, hellz to the yeah!! So happy right now!

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: WooooHooo!

Post by User1 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:27 am

Well done! I've never had the determination to see that through. I've tried at least 3 different times, and every time, I just give up/ get bored, and stop trying for it.
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:34 am

I switched to PC, and now I don't feel like trying again haha! I was pretty close on PS3.

But congrats! It's a very impressive accomplishment!

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 am

Lol, thanks, knights honor is the most annoying, and prayer of a maiden, im not that great at pvp so i had to farm a few hours in painted world...ng++ harpies hurt. lol
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 am

alchemydesign wrote:Lol, thanks, knights honor is the most annoying, and prayer of a maiden, im not that great at pvp so i had to farm a few hours in painted world...ng++ harpies hurt. lol

Just use invade, you invade down, had about 80 souvenirs after a weekend. It was quicker, i gave up on the harpies. Then again last time i played the dark moon on pc dark moon invasions were dead.
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 am

only one im lacking is whatever the achievement is for getting all miracles, i think i have one character that is close but i messed something up and have to do another playthrough to get everything and i just dont have the will to do it right now.

good job though man, some of those can be a pain.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 am

Nice job man!

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 am

Congrats!

Spoiler:
    Harpy farming, Lifehunt takes them down in two hits....aka before they can attack. Quick run up to the first tower where the two jump you. Trigger their flight then start swinging as they land. Dead. Take out a bow,walk to the corner overlooking the courtyard, shoot harpies (one at a time) diagonal over the statue in the courtyard. They will fly over your head then land. Swing away Joaquin Phoenix.....swing away! With max item discovery I had the eight I needed in under twenty minutes and got a couple more on my way out of the Painted World. Maybe I should add this to the wiki

WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Congrats!

Spoiler:
    Harpy farming, Lifehunt takes them down in two hits....aka before they can attack. Quick run up to the first tower where the two jump you. Trigger their flight then start swinging as they land. Dead. Take out a bow,walk to the corner overlooking the courtyard, shoot harpies (one at a time) diagonal over the statue in the courtyard. They will fly over your head then land. Swing away Joaquin Phoenix.....swing away! With max item discovery I had the eight I needed in under twenty minutes and got a couple more on my way out of the Painted World. Maybe I should add this to the wiki

Add a video if you can. Might be useful silly

[21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks a lot guys! Prayer of a Maiden is the miracle one, the only hard ones are the Darkmoon Blade and the Sunlight Spear, both of which require covenant levels.

Skare, that woulda worked for me....maybe...if I had proper dex to maximize the damage, but my Lifehunt Scythe is also only base level...and BL weapons on NG++, not so much. Here's how I did it:

From the bonfire, run up the steps and kill the first three hollows, continue up and kill the archer then next two hollows, leave the second archer alive, if you go after him you'll just trigger the firebreathers. Go to the left which takes you to the top of the tower, three more hollows on the way up. Once at the top it was a matter of preparation. Whip out the catalyst, run to the corner with the soul item to activate the harpies, Run back to the door and wait for them to land, when they hit the ground they were in like a stacked pattern, at that point I started to fire off Crystal Soul Spears which would hit them both due to their arrangement. At 44 Int, Beatrice's Catalyst, CSS did 560 damage and it took 3 CSS to kill them both. After that it was a matter of walking to the corner and pulling the other two across the way one at a time!

It took almost an hour and a half to farm up 10 Souvenir of Reprisal with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and 16 Humanities (I know 10 is the cutoff, but after killing that many hollows over that period of time...they build up lol).
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

That's basically the same method just with magic. The reason the Lifehunt is so good on them is they bleed insanely well. Two hits triggers bleed on them and rips them a proverbial new one. I'm not sure if a max Scythe would even be necessary, although at NG++ it may very well be. The CSS method you did would only add a second or two if that though honestly so I wouldn't even say my method is "better" since, again, they're near identical. I'm surprised it took that long to get 10 but even with max item discovery it's still "luck of the draw." I would have went for more from invasions but my internet is uncooperative at times so farming was far faster for me.

As for a video, on it, I might be able to but it wouldn't be very high quality (my recording technique uses a cell phone, being held under the controller while I play).

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm

True true, I didn't pvp cause I'm not very good at it lol. There was a moment when I hit 5 SoR in a row and then NOTHING for like EVER...it's like the other day when I was down in New Londo, I've killed thousands of Dark Wraiths while farming and have NEVER seen a slab drop...and that's with full Item Discovery, mind you....and then the other day, WITHOUT full discovery, hell, I wasn't even wearing the CGSR, and the first two DWs I killed, BOTH dropped slabs...my mouth literally dropped to the floor in awe.. Lol.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

alchemydesign wrote:..it's like the other day when I was down in New Londo, I've killed thousands of Dark Wraiths while farming and have NEVER seen a slab drop...and that's with full Item Discovery, mind you....and then the other day, WITHOUT full discovery, hell, I wasn't even wearing the CGSR, and the first two DWs I killed, BOTH dropped slabs...my mouth literally dropped to the floor in awe.. Lol.

Lag.... Lol

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 am