Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Frustrated Sunbro

excessivegamer
    excessivegamer

Frustrated Sunbro Empty Frustrated Sunbro

Post by excessivegamer Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi! big grin Just a little info before I get started. Ive been playing Dark Souls since Jan 2012 but I just joined this wonderful forum. I have a little over 2000 hours across two accounts playing this game and really had never felt the need to join the forum due to the fact I had nothing really important to say, although ive visited as a guest many a time for the valueble information found here.

But recently I have been present in a situation that has put me at a quandry. I mainly play on two differnt avi's, one being a lvl 1 Darkwraith, and the other being a lvl 30 Sunbro. Im only decent at best in pvp but Im very helpful in pve. I absolutely love jolly co-op and helping new players or old players with new avi's is my most favorite. My faith and following the sun you could say would be my life, that golden orb is what I live for. But recently you could say my faith has been wavering. I generally co-op in the depths, anor loundo, painted world, and new loundo. A few days ago while co-oping in the depths I began getting summoned over and over by different groups of people who just wanted to gank. Now before I get flamed for whining about gankers just let me tell you thats not this thread. I have no opinion on that subject and dont wish to derail this post with it.

My question is this something new? or have I just always been lucky with my summons? Have the people of the forests abandoned their home for a new local? Its just a situation that worries me a bit. Also had another situation the same day where the host summoned me at the bonfire in the depths. When i spawned he pointed down the hallway so I figured he wanted me to lead the way. As I reached the first torch hollow I r2'd my claymore. As the blow hit a dark wraith appeared around the corner and chaos fireballed one-shot me. As the death screen rolled and the returning to world came up the host comes up and shrugs while the Darkwraith bows to him. I was like :shock: First I'd ever seen people boost in Dark Souls.

Anyways if you ever want help or want to co-op message me on psn id excessivegamer or TWIGandBERRYS love to meet new people!
    befowler
    befowler

Frustrated Sunbro Empty Re: Frustrated Sunbro

Post by befowler Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I love sunbroing, but it is just a fact of life that there are both fake sunbros who do it only for ganking, and also hosts operating in collusion with RSS invaders and the like. Sadly we're at that stage of the meta game where it has been released for a while and folks are looking for any kind of troll or lulz that hasn't been done a thousand times already.

The important thing if you love coop is to just keep your BC handy and move on to the next host who is actually in need. There are still a lot of folks playing this game for the first time, and being able to help them out and show them the ropes makes all the rest of it worth it. I actually became a dedicated sunbro thanks to some selfless folks who helped me out on my playthrough when I really needed it, and I'll always appreciate it and try to pay it forward.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I've had this in many place in my time. You just have to realise that this happens, you can help but crystal out and move on.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Welcome to the forums Bow

Dont lose the faith. Black Crystal out and waste the gankers time.
    excessivegamer
    excessivegamer

Post by excessivegamer Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks guys! I know there cant be much done about it, just wondered if it was a common occurence. Glad to be aware of the situation and really appreciate the quick responses. I will never stop Sunbroing but I will be more careful from now on. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm