Kill Kalameet without Hakweye

morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Kill Kalameet without Hakweye

Post by morte on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Can you do it? If you kill Hawkeye and then go kill Kalameet, assuming that you don't get Hawkeye to shoot Kalameet?
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Kill Kalameet without Hakweye

Post by Shindori on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Yuhp. go try. tell us how it goes.

Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Yes, I have done it. Killed him before I fought Artorias just to see if anything happened.
    You have to kill him with ranged attacks from the ground level afaik. I used the Dragonslayer Greatbow with a 27/40 build, Hawk Ring, Havels armor and 2-handed the Crest Shield to block his breath when he flew past. There's a few almost safe spots along the walls, and you should be able to hit him with 1 or 2 arrows each time he flies past. He dropped his ring and the usual amount of souls, it's probably also possible to snipe off his tail for the Obsidian sword (if you are very skilled with the bow).
    Killing him like this only triggered a few lines of dialogue with Hawkeye, but as a bonus you can also pvp in Kalameets area (until you kill Artorias).
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm

not that im aware of, if you dont get gough to shoot down kalameet he will just keep doing straifing fire attacks through that valley

edit: i didnt think about trying to shoot him while he is flying around, i always just run in for the slab then do it the old fashoned way.

on another note its neat to learn other way to do things, but personally that is a boss that i have never had trouble with, probably one of the only bosses that i have never died to, so i dont see any point in trying to find an alternative way of killing him, unless you just hate the township so bad that you dread getting the key to Gough's tower
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 pm

I've also shot him down and I'm damn proud of it.
    I was on NG+3 and used gough's Greatbow with his arrows while being under RTSR effect.

Needless to say that Gough was damn impressed.

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Did he offer new text? If so, can you quote it?
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:24 pm

alchemydesign wrote:Did he offer new text? If so, can you quote it?

I'm also curious to know what Gough says. If anyone can provide a link, I apreciate it.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GHZaijXso

There's yet another variation of his first greeting if you talk to him for the first time after killing both kalameet and artorias. This should be it:
    Hm? A visitor, have we? Thou must be the one who freed Artorias. An old friend he was, and thanks to thee... He left this world with honour intact. And I see that the great black dragon Kalameet is dusted by thine hand. Wondrously played. Lord Gwyn's blessing upon thee. I am retired, and blind. To receive a visit by one as lofty as thyself, is a great honour indeed.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

ublug wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GHZaijXso

There's yet another variation of his first greeting if you talk to him for the first time after killing both kalameet and artorias. This should be it:
    Hm? A visitor, have we? Thou must be the one who freed Artorias. An old friend he was, and thanks to thee... He left this world with honour intact. And I see that the great black dragon Kalameet is dusted by thine hand. Wondrously played. Lord Gwyn's blessing upon thee. I am retired, and blind. To receive a visit by one as lofty as thyself, is a great honour indeed.

Thanks! That was a pretty interesting conversation. The fact that From actually wanted us to find new ways to kill Kalameet is just awesome.

The quote "That old bat will never fly again" is very funny happy

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:18 am