Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
jimmyc0341
Pilgrim34
hey its andres
Forum Pirate
exLupo
Zyrrashijn
barrywilkins
EeAyEss
wolfboy
Sneezer
grossemesser
Animaaal
LunarFog
Carphil
Sentiel
mugenis4real
reim0027
RANT
Paragon
quench
25 posters

pvp etiquette when being invaded

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 Empty Re: pvp etiquette when being invaded

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm

We all deserve to die and kill. No one should ever be upset by getting raped.

However, bow = class

Let's face it, we play with kiddie trolls. The game was practically made for them. Heck, the advertising is almost geared for them.

Then there's the pro-trolls. Hell I kinda like em. The best ones are the unorthodox, but still deadly Darkmoon Blades if you ask me. Originality goes along with with me.

Then there's the dueler trolls. These guys get on my nerves, but they dont break the game for me like some people. These guys are the real source of gamer rage if you ask me. I mean, really man? Is it really that funny to backstab my bow? Is it really necessary to watch me duel your phantom and backstab me before I kill him?

Then there's me. I'm apart of the "honor brigade". When I'm in well known dueling environments (including the forest) I act accordingly. If someone else does not, I care not. I black crystal accordingly as well.

I don't bow when I'm questing, invading outside of well known common parameters, using my DMB, or doing phantom work for someone.

Outside of that, I bow, I don't jump, I allow 1 buff, pretty much eveything carried over from Demon's Souls. And again, this includes the forest.

And also, the arenas kinda suck.

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 Empty Re: pvp etiquette when being invaded

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:Whenever I invade I message the host asking there permission to fight them. If they say no, typically I leave out of respect for their right to choose.
    Let's just say I disagree 100%.

This is a fundamental game mechanic. One which makes this game both unique and awesome. The hosts choose to be in human form, knowing the risk of being invaded. After all, they can summon phantoms. It is risk/benefit game they are playing. If they could summon phantoms without the chance of being invaded, then this game would be laughably easy. This is reinforced by the fact there are usually a lot of summon signs in high invasion areas. Balanced.

Otherwise, it would be as easy as:

Darkwraiths absolutely belong there. They don't need permission. They got the permission the second the host went human.

Just because the host is human doesn't mean they WANT to be invaded. Perhaps they wanna co-op the boss with a friend, trade with summons, or maybe they don't like their undead character's butt ugly face. All Im saying is show some decency to possible questers. If they aren't questing then go ahead and kill em its your choice.

I respect you reim but you need to back off from telling people how to play the game. I play my way you play your way.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm

^ I respect your way, but what Reim is trying to say is exaclty:

luvz2fight wrote:

Just because the host is human doesn't mean they WANT to be invaded.

Thats it. I'm sure the host does not want to get his face pwned by some serpent people as well, but they have no choice but to fight, and in some cases, run.

They're trying to summon people to make the game easier for them, its the invader job to balance things and keep darksouls where it shines, the hard mode.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Well i guess if you put it that way then...

Yeah you make a good point. I can see what reim means now.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

I have made it my sworn duty to mess with any invader that comes my way. Sometimes I am brutal and other times I play cat and mouse with them.Whatever I decide to do I make sure it is under my terms. Honor can be refreshing but I make no assumptions. pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 1697181849
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 pm

luvz2fight wrote:Well i guess if you put it that way then...

Yeah you make a good point. I can see what reim means now.

Thats good, because I think you mistook what he was saying.

Actually, I get more upset seeing someone like you get upset. Personally I think sending hosts a request to duel is
    %$#@ing <3s! I'm way too lazy to do that, but people like you almost inspire me to lol.

Don't stop what you're doing, just understand that your standards are higher than others. If you chose to be less restrictive in your etiquette, that would be fine as well.

Be a ruthless Darkmoon once and a while, you seem to deserve it. Bow

There's nothing wrong with some unadulterated brutal murder Dark Souls style once and a while imo.
    Just dont "act" like a dueler when you do it is my 2 sense.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am

Will do. and thanks for the tip Animaal.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 am

luvz2fight wrote:Will do. and thanks for the tip Animaal.

Bow np

Join a forum covenant or something, I bet you'd be a great addition.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 am

Check my sig man, already in one. And boy I could NOT be happier. bounce pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 3207319737
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:44 am

luvz2fight wrote:Check my sig man, already in one. And boy I could NOT be happier. bounce pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 3207319737

Oooops my mistake, sweet.

I think the entire tone of sending a host a message speaks volumes about the intentions behind the development of this game.

The ideas and conversations of "how to grief" between the designers during the development of Demon's Souls must have been fascinating.

This game is one of a kind, and so is it's community.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 am

luvz2fight wrote:If an SoV invades you, it doesn't matter if its your world: YOU DESERVE IT.

You gave up on honor because it got you killed. That is BS.
    If a noob like me can get bow-stabbed at the start of a fight and still win more than half of the time then a pro like yourself has no excuse.

IF a Dark Spirit invades, you are absolutely right: It is YOUR world. They do NOT belong there.
    But even if they are a Dark Spirit, you being an A$$ is your decision. Don't try to say they deserved it.
    Do not be a hypocrite by saying Reim shouldn't tell you how to play when you are clearly pushing things upon others.
    Dark Souls has no absolutes, the only restrictions in the game are the ones you place upon yourself, and to expect others to not play how they wish is foolish. It doesn't matter if things are cheap, "dishonorable," or otherwise scummy, the game allows them, (and encourages them, in some cases) to do whatever they want.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 am

I don't care how anyone else wants to PVP... In fact, ultimately I think the game is better because so many people have different opinions of "how to play"... I try to treat others how I would want to be treated- if they backstab me while I bow- fine- no big deal- they get some souls and maybe humanity and I try again... However most of the time I find that showing a little respect/friendliness goes a long way!

And since when do people *not* want to be invaded? If I don't want to PVP- I will not be in human form- simple as that...

Personally, even when I'm questing- I love being invaded... I still get a little rush of adrenaline every time I see the fog gate... If I get killed- I'll just go back and try to recover my bloodstain... PVP is exciting because you never know what to expect... It's the interactions you experience with invaders and phantoms that make this game amazing- anyone who doesn't want to be invaded is missing out IMO...
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 am

You da man Wolfboy, friendliness does go a long way.

You make a valid point about being human and being invaded but I still feel like just because their human doesn't necessarily mean they want to be invaded. My number one rule when I play, above everything else, is that if they ask me to leave then I leave plain and simple. If that's not your style thats perfectly fine, I acknowledge that im an oddball when it comes to dark souls. But Ive also come to embrace that about myself.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 am

If I'm questing, I avoid the invader at all costs. If there is no other option, hollow mode activates, and either me or the invader is going to have many, many holes in his/my back. If I'm looking for PvP when I invade, I bow. When I'm looking to slaughter, I just charge. If they bow, well, tough shiz. I was charging at you with my sword, y u no prepare yourself?
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

See typically I would disagree with someone bowstabbing but if you charge at them and they still bow dats just stupid of them. lol!
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 pm

When they use proper bow, it's like they are preparing themselves. Rather, they are PREPARING THEIR ANUSES.
    pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz6AhdqzsGLz2ADEyIC3YI9DuSy82E55FRSQqqPpyE9KtANvLK
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 pm

When vanilla PVP gets dull, or when I just feel like a royal buttface from ruthless invasions, I switch it up. I'll slap on some goofy setup just give someone a good laugh and a good time, and if invading; I'll ignore their (and their phantoms') attempts at skinning, burning, smashing, or otherwise disintegrating my hide and run past them in an attempt to open up a few shortcuts.

Boredom makes the world a classier place, apparently.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 pm

The way I pvp is mostly defined by two things: mood, and area. If I'm invading New Londo, expect the full bag of tricks comin out. Hornets bs, humanity popping, luring into mobs. I'm not here to play nice, I'm here to kill you. Alternatively, If I'm invading the burg, ill usually throw the host a casual pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 1361424789and wait for him to either heal up, or finish his current fight. If I see the host do something like chargin up his persuers, or casting twop, i hightail it outta there and switch back to killface mode.

If I'm hosting, I'm usually messing around anyway and don't really care if I die unless the phantom clearly just wanted an easy win.

If I'm gravelording however, expect NO mercy. I'm here to ruin your day, both in my world AND yours. The odds of being double, or even triple teamed by phantoms steadily increases the more people I infect, so I have to finish fights as quickly and painlessly as possible.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am

Started invading today using cracked red eye orbs.

Every person I invaded I invited them to chat with me on the mic.
    Regardless of who I invaded I always ran straight past them and unlocked all of the shortcuts for them. (I was in Anor Londo)

The people who didn't accept the chat invite got DESTROYED the people who did got to trade with me.

It was awesome, met a lot of cool guys and gals. Yall should try it some time.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:33 am

luvz2fight wrote:Started invading today using cracked red eye orbs.

Regardless of who I invaded I always ran straight past them and unlocked all of the shortcuts for them. (I was in Anor Londo)

The people who didn't accept the chat invite got DESTROYED the people who did got to trade with me.

I met somebody who did exactly this. Invited me to chat as soon as he spawned, ran past me and opened the shortcut to Silver Knight Armor.
    I never pulled the cable so fast and blocked him as soon as I got back online.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:02 am

why would you be so eager to voice-chat?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am

Sentiel wrote:

I met somebody who did exactly this. Invited me to chat as soon as he spawned, ran past me and opened the shortcut to Silver Knight Armor.
    Why did you get pissed when he unlocked the shortcut? Sound like he was doing a nice thing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 am

reim0027 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Why did you get pissed when he unlocked the shortcut? Sound like he was doing a nice thing.
    If an invader wants to do a nice thing for me, he should give me a difficult fight, so that I can get better at PvP.

PvE holds the most importance to me in Souls games. I love to PvP and all, but co-oping and questing holds the cake for me. If someone goes and opens up a shortcut for me, or does something like that, it inevitably takes away the pleasure of doing it myself. I don't mind when I get invaded, I enjoy the fight even if I get killed by the invader. It's all part of the game, but as soon as the invader runs away from me, for whatever reason, I pull the cable.

As they say on teh interwebz.
    pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 2 Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Zyrrashijn wrote:

why would you be so eager to voice-chat?
    Im friendly to a fault. I also like to talk to the people Im fighting with, it makes it more personal and more enjoyable in my opinion.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:29 pm

luvz2fight wrote:
    The people who didn't accept the chat invite got DESTROYED

I doubt that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am