Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
BagerX2
Soris Ice Goldwing
Animaaal
GrinTwist
Lancelot
9 posters

Honor in the Forest!

Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Honor in the Forest! Empty Honor in the Forest!

Post by Lancelot Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Ahhhh, I feel so happy even after death.

I just invaded in the Forest, near the bonfire door, right when a message appeared that said "Summoning phantom." So I thought, "Ha, he must be nearby!" but I couldn't see anyone around. So, I started my way to Sif's Door, when I heard a phantom being summoned behind me. He bowed to me, I bowed to him, all while looking for the host in the area. We commenced in a duel, which was fairly even, when the host appeared, with a Bandit's Knife and RoF, and backstabbed me, killing me. The host decided to 'Well, what is it' on my corpse, while I laughed because this whole situation was sad, when the Phantom used the BSC to leave his world.

I'ma so happay that there is one non-ganker in our ever-so-populated forest.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Honor in the Forest! Empty Re: Honor in the Forest!

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

I've gotten that a few times in the forest.

Last time I was there, the host and a phantom just got rid of a catbro at the other side. I soon as I got there the host charged and the phantom BC'd out. It was the quickest PVP fight I ever won against a host, he was that bad.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm

We're out there man.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Some phantoms and forest hunters will fight with honor when it come to stuff like that. It is a good thing to see every once in a while.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I have darkwraith invaded in the forest and helped a host with two catbros on him a few times. One of the times the host was greatful, he bowed and then jumped off the cliff so i got the humanity and souls. He could easily have just killed me since i had very low health at that point, but i think he knew i could just as easily joined in the gangbang with the catbros.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm

I like yall's points. Just because the forest is a common place for dishonorable conduct doesn't mean that it encourages dishonorable conduct. For all those who say that "if you are looking for an honorable fight don't go to the forest" I reply "I can do whatever i choose." Whenever I host in the forest, if I summon a phantom at all I let them know that if they gank they will be sent home. I don't even heal my phantoms when they are fighting solo.

Honour comes from people, not locations.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Just to play devil's advocate here. While I respect the phantom for leaving when the host jumped you, I don't like the forest being about honor. That is not why I go/went there. I go there for no holds barred matches. Getting there, trying to figure out how the host is going to gank me, and how I'm going to respond to it. That is part of the fun. If they taunt me after beating me, that's OK. All it does is show me their emotional maturity.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Reim I respect your opinion. The Forest is GREAT for no holds barred matches but that doesn't mean you can't duel there. Its a really cool location, why should gankers have all the fun in there?

Its up to the player what they decide to do while there.
    Me, I like to duel. Its more personal. More intimate.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Dueling is fine in the forest as it is still a PvP area, it's just that it has a very negative connotation for that kind of play style.
    I never expect honor in the forest though I do have a build who can fight there and he dies consistently.
    However I have noticed more people who will watch one on one duels now and I will only jump in if the host starts to heal/summon someone as that indicates that the fight is over.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank You. Finally someone who understands.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:07 pm

I see your point. Dueling is just fine there. But, to be honest, if I invade as a catbro and find an honorable duel, I'm disappointed. I want to be jumped and ganked. I want the feeling of almost dying and seeing a catbro appear and now I have reinforcements.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:20 pm

reim0027 wrote:I see your point. Dueling is just fine there. But, to be honest, if I invade as a catbro and find an honorable duel, I'm disappointed. I want to be jumped and ganked. I want the feeling of almost dying and seeing a catbro appear and now I have reinforcements.

If you had the chance to always get a "No holds barred" 2 vs 2, wouldn't you prefer it?

And I mean once the fight begins...anything goes. When I'm hosting there, I try my best to set it up, make sure its obvious whats going on, and FIGHT!

If my phantom dies, I expect a 2 vs 1, same if I kill the other catbro.

Its easier for me to get these fights in the forest because the arena kinda sucks.

Hell sometimes I'll disengage my catbro, and gank the other...perfectly acceptable to me.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 pm

@animaaal
    So much for being in the "honor brigade" like you said you were.

@reim
    If you wanna get ganked so bad then just crystal out when they try to duel you and invade somewhere else, dont complain just because they play differently than you do.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

luvz2fight wrote:@animaaal
    So much for being in the "honor brigade" like you said you were.

@reim
    If you wanna get ganked so bad then just crystal out when they try to duel you and invade somewhere else, dont complain just because they play differently than you do.

I do not think anyone is complaining. You appear to getting very defensive though. I would watch your tone with people sharing opinions.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Not trying to be defensive or offensive or anything like that. Also it is difficult to display emotion accurately via text as communication is only determined by about 5% of what you say. The other 95% is tone of voice and body language. As I can display neither of these via text I try to be very careful in how I come across. I realize that my comments here might be misunderstood and I take full responsibility for that and apologize if I offended anyone.

Also, I feel a little bit threatened by your comment. Im new here and you are basically God on this forum so I have absolutely no power in this situation. Honestly I feel like im being bullied.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm