Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Gawain
SlakeMoth
ICEFANG
skarekrow13
Darkson
Doelker
VinheimProfessor
DoughGuy
fireLESS
WyrmHero
Yukon
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
swordiris
Tolvo
Bloodios
lucanious
ajdaman64
21 posters

Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS)

ajdaman64
    ajdaman64

Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS) Empty Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS)

Post by ajdaman64 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25 am

Dark Souls is one epic game, and I love it.

I've heard a lot about how the dragon at ash lake is immortal, and how it cannot be killed.

I have a theory, which is supported by the game, to destroy this dragon, and potentially change the outcome of the game, even leading to a new ending.

Ok, I got my source(s) from the introduction cinematic, where you witness the destruction of the eternal dragons and the rise of the age of fire.

So, to kill the dragon, I believe you have to;

- Lightning based attacks
    "Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales."

- Fire based attacks
    "The Witches weaved great firestorms."

- Poison based attacks
    "Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease."

- Magic OR Dragon weapons//Based attacks
    "And Seath the scaleless betrayed his own."

"and the dragons were no more..."

Watch the introduction cinematic again if you need to.

I believe you will need the lord souls, meaning you will only be able to do this on NG+, or find an alternate method (i.e. somehow leaving the final boss battle after defeating Gywn.)

I have not done this because I am still too early in the game.

If anyone could try this theory and tell me if it works or not I will be grateful.

Some side notes;

- When attacking the dragon try to do all the attacks in order and within his life bar.

- If the dragon is killed, the theory that the game can be completed without any lit bonfires can be put to test. Ref -http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19497&start=105

Thank you for reading/posting on this thread. IF you wish to post your own theories go for it.
    big grin
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS) Empty Re: Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS)

Post by lucanious Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 am

doesnt work
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS) Empty Re: Theory - Destroying the Ash Lake Dragon? (SPOILERS)

Post by Bloodios Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I attempted that during my no-tagging-bonfire + murdering Firekeepers run. This is a list of what I did:

• Attacked the dragon with "Dragonslayer" weapons
    • Attacked the dragon with "Dragon" weapons
    • Cast Sunlight Spear, Fire Tempest, Gravelord Greatsword Dance, and White Dragon Breath in rapid succession.
    • Cast Sunlight Spear, Chaos Storm, Toxic Mist, and White Dragon Breath in rapid succession.
    • Cast Sunlight Spear, Fire Tempest, Chaos Storm, Toxic Mist,
      Gravelord Greatsword Dance and White Dragon Breath in rapid succession.
    • Turned full-dragon, then equipped the Channeler's Trident and did the dance.

The result? The dragon just sat there... chilling...

It's frustrating since there is a "Extinguish Fire" command in text dumps, and I'm trying like mad to figure out how to extinguish whatever fire it meant.

Currently attempting another no-tagging-bonfire run with my new character (this time without reinforcing Estus Flask, pillaging corpses or feeding the Lord Souls to the Lordvessel). I'm also tempted to try murdering all the Firekeepers (aside from Anastacia) prior to obtaining the Lordvessel , which basically means that there will be no available bonfire to use except for the one in front of the Stone Dragon but... I'm not so sure... this playthrough already feels like an overly long and tiring suicide run as it is... (I feel like giving up more and more everyday...)

Last edited by Bloodios on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Sadly it doesn't work from the testing I've done, but hey, that's the fun of the search. Getting a cool, idea and testing it out. Keep on searching man, and I hope you do eventually find out how to kill that thing. If it is killable.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 pm

I honestly think the Dragon just isn't killable. Period.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 pm

I want to know how you have 152 points but have only posted once... Shrug

Not hating, just even more confused at how this forum's rep system operates.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 am

I think the point system goes off words per post and how frequently it is visited or responded to.. or something. so... his post was rather long leading to 152 posts and also had a few hundred views.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 am

Check out the date. lol!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 am

I'm sure that lent to it as well, lol.
    fireLESS
    fireLESS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by fireLESS Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 am

This dragon really pisses me off.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 am

Pretty sur eyou get a point per day you're a member so that helps.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Has anyone tried using Priscilla's Dagger on it? Maybe the life hunter ability to cause massive bleed out could do some damage.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Necro Bump!!! Lol
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Necro bumps are cool!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 pm

The College in Winterhold doesn't look down on Necromancy
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I always considered Gwyn's wife to be Priscilla's mother (who may be Velka, but I never thought of that before reading it here). If this is true, and if you buffed Priscilla's Dagger with poison and fire effects at once, maybe it would damage it. Of course this isn't possible, but have you ever wondered if some glitches are intentional? (Can you buff a weapon twice with the buff glitch?)
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:14 am

VinheimProfessor wrote:Has anyone tried using Priscilla's Dagger on it? Maybe the life hunter ability to cause massive bleed out could do some damage.
    I mentioned in my post that I used every single "Dragon" weapon (Priscilla's Dagger included) but still... it won't die, and the worst part is, it doesn't even care.

I'm tempted to remove all the update then start over and try the Dragon Head glitch with Black Firebomb or something and see if it works... seriously desperate here.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:33 pm

lol

But trying to kill a dragon with fire? :roll: Hm.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Why do you want to kill it? It's an inoffensive old thing, kinda majestic in it's way and it has generosity of spirit. It let's you cut off it's tail and use it as a weapon without retaliating, unlike that murderous Hellkite on the bridge.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Still we believe it's the thing that keeps the bonfire lit. So it has to die.
    Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gawain Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Has anyone tried killing it after Seath and his crystal are no more?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Gawain wrote:Has anyone tried killing it after Seath and his crystal are no more?

Curiouser and curiouser! I'm currently doing a no bonfire with fireLESS and Rynn, once I defeat Seath I'll try it big grin
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 am

It's invincible, before and after I murdered Seath.

@Darkson
    I'll try poison throwing knives then, but I seriously doubt it'll make any different *lol*. So frustrating...
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 am

I'm kind of glad no-one has found a lost world which has dinosaurs and everything because I know what would happen. Some gonzos would just have to kill them.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:35 am

SlakeMoth wrote:I'm kind of glad no-one has found a lost world which has dinosaurs and everything because I know what would happen. Some gonzos would just have to kill them.

That post wins... Proper Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm