Samurainova Advice For Everyone

Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Samurainova Advice For Everyone

Post by Samurainova on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 am

Hey guys, as we all know every player is different, but, i would like to share some of my wisdom with you guys. Just some of the most important lessons i have learned while playing dark souls, as well as some tips and advice from my personal experience. As usual you are welcome to share your own but you all know that already don't you happy so here it goes:

1. When fighting others, never give in to your anger. It will get you killed. I have been killed multiple times because i have given into my dark side. it got me killed for the most stupid reasons. Always keep clear mind, focus, and always have fun. happy

2. If someone sends hate mail. Respond with a voice message. you have no idea how much nicer people are between one another just by using their voice. All...and i literally mean all of my friends sent me hate mail when we first met. But, i was the better person, i stayed mature and guess what, they became my best friends. Everyone, and i dont care who you are, is a douche sometimes on dark souls. Its inevitable, your bound to meet people and see their ugly side, but dont let that get in the way of what could potentially be a good friendship.

3. Use all weapons. And i mean all of them. You never know what you will be good with, but i can promise you that their is a weapon for every person out their. I remember strictly using greatswords, katanas etc. because i was simply more drawn to them. They have much more an appeal...probably because they are cool or something. But, i was actually much better with rapiers and spears. So just try everything guys, you never know what your niche will be.

4. Treat everyone with respect. Alrite, i'll admit it, i was **** sometimes. I was arrogant, self-centered, and i thought i was hot stuff, and now i am ashamed. I came from nothing, found my own path, and once i finally became really good what did i do? I screwed with noobs, i messed with them, did wierd glitches to make them spaz. But one day, i purposely messed with a guy to get hatemail. But guess what, i didnt get hate mail, i got a chat invite from the nicest guy in dark souls history. Man did i feel terrible. After all i did to him he responded with kind words. The nicest guy on dark souls hands down i dont care who you are. Treat everyone with respect guys, you may end up missing a potential best friend.

5. Never underestimate magic of an kind. People have found ways to make normal fireballs deal 600 damage...yeah

6. Never underestimate your enemy. Looks can be decieving and in a game like souls they often are. This is apparent in PvE and PvP. The smallest hint of arrogance can lead to to certain death. Stay humble and stay alive.

7. Here is a combat tip. If someone fishes for a backstab, walk back and in the opposite direction, often you will get the backstab. Worst case scenario its a double backstab.

8. If you make a clan, give people a reason to stay in it. People have made cool concepts, invited others, and thought they were good to go. But...people lost interest in games and clans become abandoned. Give people a reason to keep coming back. An incentive if you will.

9. If you want to kill a hacker, the gold tracer is your best friend.

10. NEVER.....MESS....WITH...SAMURAINOVA. The number one leading cause for grief in dark souls. ^^

11. Remember that everyone has a different philosophy and play style. Remember that nobody IS obligated to be bound by honor code. Dont let your honor code be a scapegoat for losing your battles. I can not tell you how many time players have told me that the reason they lost is because they are following " Their code" so to speak. You must learn to fight in all manors, both honorable and non honorable. Acceptance is key.

Well thats enough of my wisdom for one day, id share more but by now you are all probably tired of reading, so while this isnt all my advice it's some...so enjoy happy

Last edited by Samurainova on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Samurainova Advice For Everyone

Post by Phoenix Rising on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 am

All good advice...and I have replies for a couple of them.

9. YES!!!

Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 am

Wisdom of a Sage...

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:17 am

1) Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain vistory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.
    *Sith crede

2) I wish I could send voice mail, oh do i wish I could send voice mail.

3) I will not.

4) I will not.

5) So true...lol...so true.

6) yes

7) yes

8- Yes, but masters travel alone.

9) sorta

10) lol...maybe. I aint hatin.

Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:20 am

And i thought i spread grief giving low levels high weapons

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 am

Samurainova wrote: but by now you are all probably tired of reading,

Quite the opposite actually, great post!

The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 am

I tend to follow only one philosophy, and that's "Don't underestimate your opponent and never give anything less than your best if you want to win."

It aligns with most of what you posted, only you are more specific. Great points about intentionally messing with people and possibly losing out on friends by the way. I cannot agree anymore.

Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 am

Samurainova wrote:

1. When fighting others, never give in to your anger. It will get you killed. I have been killed multiple times because i have given into my dark side. it got me killed for the most stupid reasons. Always keep clear mind, focus, and always have fun. happy

3. Use all weapons. And i mean all of them. You never know what you will be good with, but i can promise you that their is a weapon for every person out their. I remember strictly using greatswords, katanas etc. because i was simply more drawn to them. They have much more an appeal...probably because they are cool or something. But, i was actually much better with rapiers and spears. So just try everything guys, you never know what your niche will be.

5. Never underestimate magic of an kind. People have found ways to make normal fireballs deal 600 damage...yeah

7. Here is a combat tip. If someone fishes for a backstab, walk back and in the opposite direction, often you will get the backstab. Worst case scenario its a double backstab.
    1: I use that to my adventage sometimes. I like to PvP while sending joking, but inciteful messages before confrontations to dull my opponents combat.

3: My weapons are Ultra Greatswords, Pickaxes, and the Barbed Straight Sword. I'd have never guessed if I never tried.

5: Anyone that was watchning my stream might recall my 700-1000 damage great combustions, my 800-1200 fire whip... and most frightening of all... my 130 damage per tick fire surge. Never underestimate fire surge, it *** hurts.

7:If someone fishes for a backstab, first figure out what side they are attempting to circle, then do the exact same thing from the exact same side. Swing as soon as your sides touch.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Reading all that love bull :dung: made me want to puke.

1-4 are about love and peace and friendship and "always being the better man", yet 10 implies that you're the leading cause of grief? Not only is that false as hell, but pretty inconsistent with your entire thread.

Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 pm

LunarFog wrote:Reading all that love bull :dung: made me want to puke.

1-4 are about love and peace and friendship and "always being the better man", yet 10 implies that you're the leading cause of grief? Not only is that false as hell, but pretty inconsistent with your entire thread.

Its called a joke, get over it. Most people in this thread seem to understand that but for whatever reason you do not. Please, have a laugh good sir, its all in good taste ^^

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Jokes are supposed to be funny, not just go against everything you said for no reason. I already realized that the community on here is too nice to call someone out but people like me who have normal amounts of kindness and tolerance would do the same thing.

fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Don't feed the trolls Nova.
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Don't feed the trolls Nova.

Your right, my bad. Thanks fuji happy

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:10 pm

1. Most time I won't but it does fuel my output of damage when I must. You don't mess with me and if you try well then good luck.
    2. Common civility goes a long way with this stuff. I had people's opinion of me change for the better most time when I talk to them. Once the understanding is reach things are pretty calm. Of course I don't always bother if I don't feel like it.
    3.Not for me. I find a style that works for me and build it up with whatever fits me the best.
    4. Goes with 2 if I get hatemail. Otherwise I just get far away bow and if I win, bow again. More of just being civil than having to do with honor these days.
    5. If you can dodge the threat is small, unless it's the dark bead, and pyros are easy to dodge when you get the time down. Combustions have little effect on me and just waste time most of the time. Know fire surge though, that I don't make fun of.
    6. True
    7. I prefer to put as much stress as possible. Make it so if they can bs me, they will be on the defensive.
    8. Heh not likely to happen.
    9. I think bleed works on them.
    10. I never fought you so... can't argue what I don't know.

Post by reim0027 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 pm

tl;dr
    1-9: expand your horizons, treat others how you want to be treated.

10:

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

Nice vids reim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am