Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Infighter
Djem
Automancer
IV_Mark_VI
WaffleGuy
DianaDieHard
FullSpe3D
SpecialNewb
lextune
psychichobo
BIG TIME MASTER
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Onion Knight
TehInfamousAmos
reim0027
Animaaal
GrinTwist
Shindori
Orango19
barrywilkins
Rynn
Soris Ice Goldwing
Peaceful Wollyhop
steveswede
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
Samurainova
31 posters

Treat Your Fans With Respect

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Treat Your Fans With Respect - Page 3 Empty Re: Treat Your Fans With Respect

Post by Samurainova Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

I understand where both orango and animaal are coming from. Both are correct in their own way happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Orango19 wrote:...Miyazaki said that the FROM team actually play Dark Souls. It is more like they fixed those for themselves, than actually fixing it because of player feedback...

Wrong. Thats a naive and gullible point of view. I'm sorry but it is. The main motivation behind the first patch was because of their advertising slogan, "Gather your friends". Consumers were threatening litigation. They expanded on the patch, imo, to expand on good graces from having such a horrible summoning system.

Real life, people do things in order to not get sued.

You haven’t answered the question….
    DianaDieHard
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DianaDieHard Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I feel like this a lot too nova. But I just shrug because its always dinner to be considered the little guys. happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 am

:Baal01:
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Didn't go through all the comments, so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

So ofcourse there are some of those who are genuine jerks. Now, I think a few of them make some highlights about f.e. invasions. Could it be that the one trying topush you off was just trying to make a funny video? I'd rather see a montage of invaders being 'Force'-d off instead of random duels from time to time.

Ofcourse that is no excuse if he treated you poorply afterwards. Might also be that he gets so many messages online that he doesn't bother with 'hatemail' anymore.

I don't know, just trying to figure it out myself silly
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

If you get forced around and fist backstabbed, that's more entertaining to viewers than if he just killed you in one or two shots.

Not sure what respect you're looking for, or what you think people watching these channels are looking for. I know you're newer to he forum and the game, getting your appetite whet on PvP from your other posts, so likely you were really easy for him.

Personally, I would rather see something 'funny' than him killing people. That's why they have ridiculous builds and tactics. Rynn just did a 'item only' playthrough, Red Rosie does a bunch of cosplays, other people bait people into picking up an item on the edge of the cliff just to shoot them off with a bow... the list goes on.

People want to be entertained. You're not at his skill level or close enough to make him work by the sounds of it, so you were entertainment. Nothing personal.

As to the whole 'honor' system... it's a joke. I wish people would play with no rules, and finally see if something is broken or not. Do you know how many people in the community complain about broken stuff in games, only to realize later that it truly isn't? Silrin makes a number of good articles concerning this. Read it up and see if it changes your mind.

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2013/3/3/the-playtesters-are-saying-to-do-x.html

To save people the trouble, the gist of the article is this: if people complain that something is too over or underpowered, something they say needs fixing, really be critical to find out if it's true. Is this person at the peak of their game? Do they truly understand all the mechanics at play, and even when played perfectly, does it need to be tweaked?

I would only have the best of the best PvP players, who really try to make something work, have their opinion on what's broken and what's not. And most of the best say it's not broken. So this so-called honour is hampering people from adapting and altering the meta-game. Because no one uses TWoP that often, it encourages fast builds. Take the speed away, and they're in real trouble. So people label it 'cheap'. If they were fat rolling in full giants with a tower shield with a Greatsword, TWoP would be much less of a problem. But they're not, so they call cheap and honour. Please.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 am

Ummm this doesn't seem to be clear to most people but...I never lost any of these fights In which I describe sooooooo.....hehe yeah, Apologies happy
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

^Of course you don't. Not when you munch on DBs.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Lordran is not a nice place. My only code is:

Never bow first.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 pm

I had an incident few days ago in so called FC (PC BTW).

I won't name shame or blame someone, a little back story first, So few peeps gather on "FC" to have some, good time, you know good ol' honorable pvp( with bowing n stuff).

So we gathered and waited for host to get Peer 2 peer connections, and whilst he was waiting the connections (host). I thought, let's get some good ol' invasions, so I invade a guy, nothing fancy running down to his location, and I find that particular player abusing cheat programs, so I resolve to WoG, to dead angle and chain stab him, but to my surprise that particular player that I've invaded, was a mate of our FC host, so he comes to ruin so called FIGHT FKING CLUB, where we are supposed to respect each other and fight In honorable duels, right?

So after confronting the host of that particular FC, he denies of his friends cheating,healing,abusing etc, saying I can't do anything.

The most crucial lesson I learned is : There are no rules in DKS expect the unexpected, my honest advice, don't join FC's just don't, better to go do random invasions, or forest. It's better be ganked by noobs than being flamed and called scrub by so called honorable streamers. I participate in honorable duels very rarely now, or it's between my steam friends that are good players, and they are tolerant.

BTW Most of the streams are try hards, they will do ANYTHING to win, to show their dominance over you, my 2nd advice would be, do not follow streamer or see him as your mentor, become mentor yourself, learn new tactics, new strategies, try out different builds, be unique, and one day you will invade that motherfker (sry) and own his ***, LIVE. And you will hear him saying omg, this player is so cheap he uses X weapon and it's so OP.

Don't follow the dream, BE the dream yourself.

Oh and Edit, PC community is such horrible, be blessed that are no popular streamers streaming PS3, srsly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

Sucks to hear you ran into a jackwagon. Don't let the minority get you down though. "Stuff" happens. If it happens continuously in that FC, come over to ours. Hurrah
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:40 am

I ran into one once who I think used to be on this forum sometimes.He started the fight by backstabbing me while I was bowing,followed up with yet another backstab and tried for a third,only to see me with my back to a wall,healing myself.He tries some wrath spam and runs away and hides when another guy invades.I find him after a minute or two while the other invader runs around like a headless chicken.He is hiding near a cliff edge and starts to spam wrath,only to get stunlocked,he toggle escapes and gets a wrath off as I kill him,knocking me back and I slide off the cliff.
    He then messages me to gloat and laugh at me,I point out how cheap he is and he counters the statement with some crap about how he wasn't going to let me gank him and I was a noob or scrub or some such nonsense.
    The sad part is this "pro" still got killed by a new PVP'er who was using his weapon for the first time.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I ran into one once who I think used to be on this forum sometimes.He started the fight by backstabbing me while I was bowing,followed up with yet another backstab and tried for a third,only to see me with my back to a wall,healing myself.He tries some wrath spam and runs away and hides when another guy invades.I find him after a minute or two while the other invader runs around like a headless chicken.He is hiding near a cliff edge and starts to spam wrath,only to get stunlocked,he toggle escapes and gets a wrath off as I kill him,knocking me back and I slide off the cliff.
    He then messages me to gloat and laugh at me,I point out how cheap he is and he counters the statement with some crap about how he wasn't going to let me gank him and I was a noob or scrub or some such nonsense.
    The sad part is this "pro" still got killed by a new PVP'er who was using his weapon for the first time.

Nice story I love it happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Nice WotG skills he had. He should educate more people in how to be so pro.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Nice WotG skills he had. He should educate more people in how to be so pro.

Part of me wishes they were back. Dark bead spams are the bane of my existence now. If its lagging you could appear to dodge but then die like 30 secs later due to lag :s
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Oh so true. sad
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:50 pm

They are entitled to play however they like. You can't really say that they can have whatever code they like and then condem them for following their own can you?

I've met one streamer, and it was an awesome fight. If you want them to take you seriously, get good enough that they half to or they'll die. Who else are they supposed to experiment on, if not people they're better than? Thats how one practices new things.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Didn't read all the responses.

When discussing honor, I think it's important to remember that different people find different things cheap / dishonorable. If we made a list of the things considered cheap over the years, it'd probably 20+ items long. You may not realize that what you're doing the other person might find... unsavory (and vice versa).

I guess my definition of an honor duel is no healing, no running off to draw ai opponents. Spam dark magic, buff your weapon, stack your vit... I honestly don't care. Just don't complain if I offhand a spear and kite you all game if you buff your weapon or switch to stone gs and twop you if you're dark magic spamming with dwgr.

Invasions are a different ball game... If he didn't pick up your RSS you really shouldn't complain about the tactics used... even if you are trying to get an honorable duel against your youtube hero. Sometimes those guys want to mess around and have fun too.

Don't take it personally and have fun. Always.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:42 am

DigitaLinsanitY wrote:Didn't read all the responses.

When discussing honor, I think it's important to remember that different people find different things cheap / dishonorable. If we made a list of the things considered cheap over the years, it'd probably 20+ items long. You may not realize that what you're doing the other person might find... unsavory (and vice versa).

I guess my definition of an honor duel is no healing, no running off to draw ai opponents. Spam dark magic, buff your weapon, stack your vit... I honestly don't care. Just don't complain if I offhand a spear and kite you all game if you buff your weapon or switch to stone gs and twop you if you're dark magic spamming with dwgr.

Invasions are a different ball game... If he didn't pick up your RSS you really shouldn't complain about the tactics used... even if you are trying to get an honorable duel against your youtube hero. Sometimes those guys want to mess around and have fun too.

Don't take it personally and have fun. Always.

Indeed everyone has a different take on honor. Nonetheless I still believe certain factors remain constant when considering what is honorable. Such as no heals. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am