Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Infighter
Djem
Automancer
IV_Mark_VI
WaffleGuy
DianaDieHard
FullSpe3D
SpecialNewb
lextune
psychichobo
BIG TIME MASTER
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Onion Knight
TehInfamousAmos
reim0027
Animaaal
GrinTwist
Shindori
Orango19
barrywilkins
Rynn
Soris Ice Goldwing
Peaceful Wollyhop
steveswede
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
Samurainova
31 posters

Treat Your Fans With Respect

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Treat Your Fans With Respect - Page 2 Empty Re: Treat Your Fans With Respect

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 am

I don't do honor fights...
    My stream is all filler D :
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 am

Filler does not equal not entertaining.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 am

I only said that fights without rules are not glorious. The person I was responding to made it seem as if having honor was a hinderance, even a flaw if you will.

By saying that someone is naive for having honor, or even a "crybaby" as they so elequently put it, is offensive to anyone that enjoys a structured environment.

You didn't misunderstand what I said per say X, I just refuse to quote the entirety of that blathering post.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

LOL someone marked down my post about chilling out over a game. I guess to some that's not acceptable and that gaming is serious business.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

Rynn wrote:I don't do honor fights...
    My stream is all filler D :

I've never seen them.

I will say I've never heard you disgrace or offend anyone with a different outlook. Again, I said playing within the games parameters is an option for us all to explore.

Saying someone is naive for playing/feeling different than someone else is the flaw, which again I have yet to hear you say.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 am

I do not think that those that have a standard are necessarily cryers, but I find it embarrassing when they get -upset- that I wanted an invasion and they wanted to bow and have a super honorable fight. People need to accept some of us won't accept their structure.. in fact... some of us want -nothing to do with it-. I don't like structured duels. They operate differently, and I don't enjoy it when people just roll and dodge for hours at a time. I prefer the faster more decisive environment of random invasions and ganks.

Technically I'm more correct because the way I PREFER PvP is the way our developers designed it to be: but neither are you wrong to prefer your honor duels. However, when the two of us meet, you'd be wrong to -whine- that I didn't like your rules and continue'd on with my own.

I have once or twice yelled at a Dark Bead or Pursuer spammer... which is kinda funny when I'm currently casting Combustion 20 times more often then I do anything else XD.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:48 am

steveswede wrote:LOL someone marked down my post about chilling out over a game. I guess to some that's not acceptable and that gaming is serious business.

DarkSoulsPvPcommunityinanutshell.jpg
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:51 am

Rynn wrote:I do not think that those that have a standard are necessarily cryers, but I find it embarrassing when they get -upset- that I wanted an invasion and they wanted to bow and have a super honorable fight. People need to accept some of us won't accept their structure.. in fact... some of us want -nothing to do with it-. I don't like structured duels. They operate differently, and I don't enjoy it when people just roll and dodge for hours at a time. I prefer the faster more decisive environment of random invasions and ganks.

Technically I'm more correct because the way I PREFER PvP is the way our developers designed it to be: but neither are you wrong to prefer your honor duels. However, when the two of us meet, you'd be wrong to -whine- that I didn't like your rules and continue'd on with my own.

I have once or twice yelled at a Dark Bead or Pursuer spammer... which is kinda funny when I'm currently casting Combustion 20 times more often then I do anything else XD.

Thats fine. I dont feel you a trashing anyone at all by saying what you said.

The only thing I would say is "technically I'm more correct" lol. They also made the bowing gesture. But ya, you're technically more right lol.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

I believe bowing was made to greet those you summon: not those that came to kill you.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Rynn wrote:I believe bowing was made to greet those you summon: not those that came to kill you.

And I do not, outside of questing. Bowing in Demon's Souls is the reason Dark Souls was made if you think about it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

People bow in duels all the time, just ask Alexander Hamilton. winking
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 pm

People should learn to play both honorably and non-honorably. I've seen what being honor crazed has done to some players. It gets to the point where they tell you that you are turtleing by blocking with a shortsword. ( lol past post referance). It gets to the point where some players tell themselves that the reason i lost is because i follow my code of honor. But....thats just making excuses...if you are truly better than that player you must learn to meet your opponent at the same level, and triumph. If your completely sure that your philosophy is superior follow it and if you triumph you have successfully represented your code as being a suoperior combat style. You cant simply deem your path superior if you keep losing using it :/

Ill also be posting this as well as others in the post.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:People bow in duels all the time, just ask Alexander Hamilton. winking

lol, nice reference. lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I've said it before; I'll say it again. IMO, here's how I prefer it.

Duels vs invasions vs Forest. Completely different.

If I'm duelling someone, then I play with the utmost "honor". i.e. bowing before, letting my opponent buff, not healing, allowing to regrass (not rebuff) during the fight, bowing after the fight, etc.

If I'm invading (questers, not campers), then I'm an intruder in their world. I expect them to treat me as such. They aren't there to pvp. They have a different goal. I expect them to do everything in their power to beat me (actually adds to the fun - looking out for traps and such). I'll do the same (usually won't heal though). If they bow, I'll bow (from a safe distance). I'll also try to mirror their "honor". Some questers are also duellers and this etiquette often carries over.

Forest. No Holds Barred. Complete and utter war. Smack down. Chaos. That's how I like it. That's how it should stay.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:21 pm

I think I have a story that some of you could relate to, and some of you could learn from.

Once, long ago, when I was a young man, there was a mean person who I didn't like and he didn't like me. One day he did something really bad to me and I was really mad. I thought about attacking him, and I thought about yelling at him, but then I saw a truck run over a fire hydrant and I played in the water all day. What was I talking about?
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:20 pm

The severe disfigurement of my anus is testament to the risk bowing entails in Dark Souls. However I find you can generally tell if someone's honourable or not by their actions, whether they're twitchy like they want to run off and lure you places.

I get a lot of good duels near the Sunlight Altar, for some reason. Bows aplenty. But boy there are some jackasses in the Tomb of the Giants at times...
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:Don't let it get to you. If you don't like how someone plays, then block them. You won't invade them again (for the PS3 at least). Problem solved.
    That does not work on Xbox.

....just saying.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 pm

In the Forest, no rules. Can't expect anything.

Outside the forest? Most people I bow to and who bow back to me stick to the no-healing rule and grass at the start of a fight. If you don't stick to those rules, that's fine but for me that structure makes fights more fun.

If all you want to do is spam pursuers or dark bead or combustion or BS fish or whatever fine, I'll deal with it or die and move on. But I'm going to wonder just what about that you find fun if that's all you do.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:56 pm

lextune wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Don't let it get to you. If you don't like how someone plays, then block them. You won't invade them again (for the PS3 at least). Problem solved.
    That does not work on Xbox.

....just saying.
    Yeah. That sucks.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Rynn wrote:I do not think that those that have a standard are necessarily cryers, but I find it embarrassing when they get -upset- that I wanted an invasion and they wanted to bow and have a super honorable fight. People need to accept some of us won't accept their structure.. in fact... some of us want -nothing to do with it-. I don't like structured duels. They operate differently, and I don't enjoy it when people just roll and dodge for hours at a time. I prefer the faster more decisive environment of random invasions and ganks.

Pretty much what I wanted to say, without the flaming and swearing. LOL
    FROM Developers are people who actually live from what they do; the creators of the "DUEL" system is just a bunch of players (not game developers; PLAYERS) that think they can make a better system than the one offered by professionals.

As I said before; this is Dark Souls. It is meant to be brutal, and the only flowers that exist in this world are eaten to stop poisons.
    Please don't turn Undeads (zombies) into Carebears with your weird honor systems. lol
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Orango19 wrote:
    Pretty much what I wanted to say, without the flaming and swearing. LOL
    FROM Developers are people who actually live from what they do; the creators of the "DUEL" system is just a bunch of players (not game developers; PLAYERS) that think they can make a better system than the one offered by professionals.

As I said before; this is Dark Souls. It is meant to be brutal, and the only flowers that exist in this world are eaten to stop poisons.
    Please don't turn Undeads (zombies) into Carebears with your weird honor systems. lol

Ya, like there wasnt a build developed by professionals (Dragonhead Knife Spitters, Ninja Handspringin Giants) that couldn't have been improved on. They even admitted those mistakes through patching.

*****ing at invaders while questing is moot, calling someone a douche for being a douche is warranted. If someone is a griefer, they should admit it and move on. Not try to rationalize what is obviously griefing.

Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Animaaal wrote:Ya, like there wasnt a build developed by professionals (Dragonhead Knife Spitters, Ninja Handspringin Giants) that couldn't have been improved on. They even admitted those mistakes through patching.

*****ing at invaders while questing is moot, calling someone a douche for being a douche is warranted. If someone is a griefer, they should admit it and move on. Not try to rationalize what is obviously griefing.

It wasn't improved by you, people. The developers fixed those. THEY improved it, not the players.

There is a reason for them creating a duel arena and not a savagery-"griefing" arena. They were trying to save real PvP. The savage one.

Duels were something for nobles and Knights. If you are poor and can't afford to buy the DLC and duel at Oolacile; get used to the real world; where a murderer won't bow before stabbing a knife in your face.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Orango19 wrote:
    It wasn't improved by you, people. The developers fixed those. THEY improved it, not the players.

There is a reason for them creating a duel arena and not a savagery-"griefing" arena. They were trying to save real PvP. The savage one.

Duels were something for nobles and Knights. If you are poor and can't afford to buy the DLC and duel at Oolacile; get used to the real world; where a murderer won't bow before stabbing a knife in your face.

-Never said we fixed it. Besides they knew it was broke when they seen it in action. They were professional for fixing it.

-Real pvp is savage yes. Thats what swinging swords at people is all about.

-I have the dlc

-The real world is full of rules and regulations.

-Games have rules. Your example is more akin to Mike Tyson chewin on Evander's ear...which was not okay.

-If you enjoy griefing say you're a griefer. Real world murder lol.
    FullSpe3D
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FullSpe3D Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I've invaded about 5 or so streamers/YouTubers by accident. They all played with "average" honour. I wouldn't have thought anything of them otherwise.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Animaaal wrote:-Never said we fixed it. Besides they knew it was broke when they seen it in action. They were professional for fixing it.

Miyazaki said that the FROM team actually play Dark Souls. It is more like they fixed those for themselves, than actually fixing it because of player feedback.

WoG apparently was fine for their standards; even though people whine more about it than they did about the Ninja Ring.

Animaaal wrote:-I have the dlc

Go duel in an Arena. If you want to plan an outdoors duel, do it. But remember; you have to know someone before hand to actually plan a duel.

Kinda like how it worked in real life.

Animaaal wrote:-The real world is full of rules and regulations.

One of this rules is: fighting and killing will get you in jail and in a lawsuit. lol
    Now if you are considering an Octagon, UFC style rules... We have Oolacile.

Animaaal wrote:-Games have rules. Your example is more akin to Mike Tyson chewin on Evander's ear...which was not okay.

+1 because of that comment. lmao

Animaaal wrote:-If you enjoy griefing say you're a griefer. Real world murder lol.

I'll use a picture to illustrate how I see the Red Soapstone.

Treat Your Fans With Respect - Page 2 Duels10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 am