What game are you most skilled at?

    Share

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm

    Apart from Dark Souls silly what is the (probably next best) other game you have, which you are either considerably skilled at, or exceptionally skilled at? For me, I would say TF2. I don't want to boast, or sound arrogant, but I'm about an intermediate between the two. I've got some pretty good Market Gardener kills, you know. 8)

    Edit: I will probably sound even more like a ***** for adding this. But my Market Gardener is a Hale's Own, considering selling it on the market. 8371 kills, and 7928 of them are Airborne Kills. So, not too bad.


    Last edited by RenegadeCop on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by GrinTwist on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 pm

    Any of the Zelda games for the gamecube, I was just browsing some of the times I've completed Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on.
    11:42 mins on Twilight with 100%
    13:51 mins on Wind Waker with 95%
    I don't remember or doing those, but I'm impressed with myself.

    I'm pretty good at Oblivion too.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:Any of the Zelda games for the gamecube, I was just browsing some of the times I've completed Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on.
    11:42 mins on Twilight with 100%
    13:51 mins on Wind Waker with 95%
    I don't remember or doing those, but I'm impressed with myself.

    I'm pretty good at Oblivion too.
    Oblivion? Cool stuff, but have you got all of the achievements like me? It's pretty easy, actually, but you need Shivering Isles, and that's what puts some people off. And I know, that Oblivion is pretty bloody hard later in, if you leave the difficulty at default. And you beat my 84% on Wind Waker, so nice going.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Carphil on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:20 pm

    Metal Gear series. Excluding the last one, I can't do speed runs but I can play the way it should, no alarms, deaths, etc


    And believe it or not, I'm also pretty good at COD :suspect:


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:22 pm

    Carphil wrote:Metal Gear series. Excluding the last one, I can't do speed runs but I can play the way it should, no alarms, deaths, etc


    And believe it or not, I'm also pretty good at COD :suspect:
    You have my respect on MG. I found stealthing MGS2 really hard. And I too used to be pretty good at CoD, but then I stopped playing it. Guess I got too old and.. Well, had different interests to my friends.
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by GrinTwist on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

    It's been a while since I've played Oblivion on my Xbox, but I got almost every achievement except for one or two that I didn't bother to get. I had the Shivering CHEESE Isles and the Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles was good but KoN was a little too easy to beat.

    I left the difficulty on default through the whole game too. The only problem I ever had was at the end of the main game, with all the Dremora Kynreves attacking me constantly.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:It's been a while since I've played Oblivion on my Xbox, but I got almost every achievement except for one or two that I didn't bother to get. I had the Shivering CHEESE Isles and the Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles was good but KoN was a little too easy to beat.

    I left the difficulty on default through the whole game too. The only problem I ever had was at the end of the main game, with all the Dremora Kynreves attacking me constantly.
    I had the exact same problem, but with every enemy. It was so hard to actually make a decent character. I found KotN easy, but I found the Pilgrimage just plain irritating. The map was misleading, and the order was wrong. I had a ton of infamy, and had to be some kind of saint to keep the Crusader's Relics. Endgame right there. 104 hours on a save put away, because of my sentimentalism, and I knew I just can't resist trying to kill guards who are constantly 10 levels higher than me from time to time.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by WyrmHero on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:31 pm

    I'm average at Battlefield, and have a ~1.60 K/D ratio in Dust514, something I never have had in FPS games. I've never done speed runs in any game. The most I do is trying to get the platinum trophy, so I'm most a completionist over skillful.

    For example in all the Final Fantasy games I have killed all the optional bosses, including Ruby Weapon from FF7 and the 12 million HP dragon from FF12. Also the I got all the gold licenses from Gran Turismo 1 and 2, what a pain in the *** lol. I guess I'm an overall above average gamer, even though it's my only hobby. :|


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:I'm average at Battlefield, and have a ~1.60 K/D ratio in Dust514, something I never have had in FPS games. I've never done speed runs in any game. The most I do is trying to get the platinum trophy, so I'm most a completionist over skillful.

    For example in all the Final Fantasy games I have killed all the optional bosses, including Ruby Weapon from FF7 and the 12 million HP dragon from FF12. I guess I'm an overall above average gamer, even though it's my only hobby. :|
    The 12 million hp dragon reminds me of something I did on Dragon's Dogma: Killed the Ur-Dragon. Solo. Was very proud, and got a huge amount of game-breaking swag.
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by GrinTwist on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:35 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:It's been a while since I've played Oblivion on my Xbox, but I got almost every achievement except for one or two that I didn't bother to get. I had the Shivering CHEESE Isles and the Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles was good but KoN was a little too easy to beat.

    I left the difficulty on default through the whole game too. The only problem I ever had was at the end of the main game, with all the Dremora Kynreves attacking me constantly.
    I had the exact same problem, but with every enemy. It was so hard to actually make a decent character. I found KotN easy, but I found the Pilgrimage just plain irritating. The map was misleading, and the order was wrong. I had a ton of infamy, and had to be some kind of saint to keep the Crusader's Relics. Endgame right there. 104 hours on a save put away, because of my sentimentalism, and I knew I just can't resist trying to kill guards who are constantly 10 levels higher than me from time to time.

    I feel you there, I loved having a large amount of bounty once I had started creating spells at level 54 when I also had full daedric.

    That armor looked cool, but it wasn't worth not killing any of the guards in Anvil.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:38 pm

    I created a spell I appropriately named 'Game Breaker'. On touch, it had paralysis for 31 seconds, 110 damage of all elemental types, Soul Trap, 50 fire damage over a 25 second period, and corrode weapon and armour 100 points. I did this on the PC, using infinite magicka command, and it literally wasted anything on highest difficulty in one go. Was never hard to finish them off if it did'nt.

    Edit: Off-topic in a way. I was also proud of getting 84% on Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce. My fingers felt wasted though.
    avatar
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 311
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by barrywilkins on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

    I consider myself pretty good at Dota. Maybe not the best, but I at least know when to stop feeding the Shadowfiend unlike most people.
    avatar
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1136
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Age : 24

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Digitalyzed on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

    Armoured Core, Monster Hunter, and Supreme Commander.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons and you're allergic to Citrus, Swell up and die. - Dogbert, Great 21st century philosopher.
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Mr. Tart on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:38 pm

    I know Fable: TLC isn't necessarily something to brag about, but that's where i'm the most good at. I could keep an multiplier up for ages without taking any damage. In fact, i have a multiplier record written down on a paper. Reached 700+ before i got tired. Just gotta find that note.

    I'm also very good at Soul Calibur 2 and i was very good at AoM: TT when i was younger.

    Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem were also games i used to be good at.

    There's also Dead Space 2, where i finished Hardcore without dying with a Plasma Cutter.

    Edit: Oh, and the MMO Requiem: Memento Mori. I was very good at the Defiler class until it got nerfed to hell.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

    Mr. Tart wrote:I know Fable: TLC isn't necessarily something to brag about, but that's where i'm the most good at. I could keep an multiplier up for ages without taking any damage. In fact, i have a multiplier record written down on a paper. Reached 700+ before i got tired. Just gotta find that note.

    I'm also very good at Soul Calibur 2 and i was very good at AoM: TT when i was younger.

    Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem were also games i used to be good at.

    There's also Dead Space 2, where i finished Hardcore without dying with a Plasma Cutter.

    Edit: Oh, and the MMO Requiem: Memento Mori. I was very good at the Defiler class until it got nerfed to hell.
    Dead Space 2 was fairly easy on Hardcore. I just fully upgraded Line Gun, but nice going with the Plasma Cutter. I did all of the main game with the Plasma cutter on DS1 and DS2. After Hardcore, though, the Hand Cannon made the game too easy.

    Edit: Don't try Plasma Cutter only playthrough on DS3. I did it, but the whole game was much harder than I thought it would be.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 pm

    I'm no paid professional at it, but I'd say the game I'm best at would be League of Legends. Even moreso than Dark Souls if we're talking about PvP elements only.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:55 pm

    Do you play as a tank? If you do, game = easy mode. Build it right, and you are definately a force to be reckoned with. I play tank on LoL as well, and do a fairly good job.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:Do you play as a tank? If you do, game = easy mode. Build it right, and you are definately a force to be reckoned with. I play tank on LoL as well, and do a fairly good job.

    I play mostly tanks, yes, but I also like to play Mid lots. I find with the new changes to resistances that I'm building more and more Tanky DPS instead of just tank, though. Sunfire Capes instead of Randuin's Omens, Liandry's Torment instead of Abyssal Scepter, Frozen Mallet instead of Warmog's, etc.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Mr. Tart on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:I know Fable: TLC isn't necessarily something to brag about, but that's where i'm the most good at. I could keep an multiplier up for ages without taking any damage. In fact, i have a multiplier record written down on a paper. Reached 700+ before i got tired. Just gotta find that note.

    I'm also very good at Soul Calibur 2 and i was very good at AoM: TT when i was younger.

    Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem were also games i used to be good at.

    There's also Dead Space 2, where i finished Hardcore without dying with a Plasma Cutter.

    Edit: Oh, and the MMO Requiem: Memento Mori. I was very good at the Defiler class until it got nerfed to hell.
    Dead Space 2 was fairly easy on Hardcore. I just fully upgraded Line Gun, but nice going with the Plasma Cutter. I did all of the main game with the Plasma cutter on DS1 and DS2. After Hardcore, though, the Hand Cannon made the game too easy.

    Edit: Don't try Plasma Cutter only playthrough on DS3. I did it, but the whole game was much harder than I thought it would be.

    I've already finished Classic with only the Plasma Cutter. Unless you mean on Impossible, i'm afraid i don't see what's so hard about it.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

    That's what I meant, on Impossible. In comparison, Dead Space 2 was actually quite easy for me.
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:11 pm

    Probley Okami. But that's about all I can think of right now for some reason.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 pm

    Vinyl Scratch wrote:Probley Okami. But that's about all I can think of right now for some reason.
    Your Cave Story skills are'nt up to scratch, soldier! Now,go and kill Ballos for me, and make yourself proud!
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:Probley Okami. But that's about all I can think of right now for some reason.
    Your Cave Story skills are'nt up to scratch, soldier! Now,go and kill Ballos for me, and make yourself proud!
    600 posts! Good job!


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:31 pm

    Dark Souls is the only game I'm good at.

    I guess you can say I was good at Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, but who isn't? silly

    I was very good at Halo 3 when I played it a lot - I had something like a 2.4 K/D but I find it boring now.
    I enjoy swat on Halo 4 but I'm just average at that.


    _________________

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 pm

    The Letter X wrote:Dark Souls is the only game I'm good at.

    I guess you can say I was good at Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, but who isn't? silly

    I was very good at Halo 3 when I played it a lot - I had something like a 2.4 K/D but I find it boring now.
    I enjoy swat on Halo 4 but I'm just average at that.
    Dragon's Dogma is actually pretty hard first time around. By the way, have you played Dark Arisen yet?

    Sponsored content

    Re: What game are you most skilled at?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 am