What a cool thing I found out.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

What a cool thing I found out.

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

I just watched an ENB video on DeS, and it had him saying that you can get one of the fat ministers in Boletaria to grant you access to another part of the area by putting on the Minister's Hat when approaching him. I hav'nt tried it myself yet, but does anyone know what lies on the other side?
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: What a cool thing I found out.

Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 pm

It's part of the sidequest to get a new spellcasting teacher. The actual disguising event can only occur after you've killed every other possible fat minister, and it only works on the very last one. Any others will still behave normally for you regardless of if you have the hat or not.

PS: Trying to avoid spoilers, but if you want more detail I could explain better at the risk of messing up some of your discovery and exploration :|

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 pm

I've completed the game 3 times, but never done this. I don't mind about spoilers. If you would like to share, I would love to hear.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Alright, full on detailed description mode activated!

(Still spoilered for your convenience though winking)

Spoiler:
    Full description of the event:

The Official's Cap disguise event is part of the quest to save Yuria the Witch from 1-3. As you progress through the level, the first Fat Minister you kill will drop the Iron Ring of Keys, and the second will drop the Official's Cap. When you have both items, backtrack to the Tower Knight Archstone and start heading back towards 1-2. As soon as you leave the Tower Knight's arena, before you even get to the Blue-eyed knight, there should be a door to your right. This door is opened by the Iron Ring of Keys dropped by the earlier Fat Minister. Heading down through that door will lead to a dungeon with another Fat Minister (as well as the event to save Biorr, but that's not the focus right now winking). Killing this Fat Minister will net you the Bloody Key. Once you have the Bloody Key, make your way back into 1-3 and stop once you reach the area near the beginning with the trailers full of angry dogs. In this area, across the way from the stairs going forward into the level is a small back alley. Explore down there until you find a door that will be unlocked with the Bloody Key. This will lead you to a tower-like structure. Go in and climb as high up as you can until you hear a Fat Minister laughing. When you hear that, put on the Official's Cap, and a stairway will be lowered for you by a Fat Minister guarding Yuria the Witch. As long as you wear the cap, this particular Fat Minister will not aggro you until you attack it. Kill the Fat Minister and then talk to Yuria, and she will go back to the Nexus and act as a second spellcasting teacher who teaches spells that are different from what Freke can teach.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Nice stuff. Gonna go do that now. +1.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:44 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Nice stuff. Gonna go do that now. +1.

Good luck happy

As a side bonus, Yuria is my favorite NPC in all of the Souls series, so if you've never met her, this will be a good introduction to something awesome winking

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Reaperfan wrote:

Good luck happy

As a side bonus, Yuria is my favorite NPC in all of the Souls series, so if you've never met her, this will be a good introduction to something awesome winking
    Alright, so I just went and did it. Good fun, talking to her, Shame I've used up all of my Demon's Souls. Colourless Demon's Souls all went into the Moonlight Sword.
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

Good luck happy

Alright, so I just went and did it. Good fun, talking to her, Shame I've used up all of my Demon's Souls. Colourless Demon's Souls all went into the Moonlight Sword.

You're not missing anything with the colorless souls for Yuria. The only spell those net you is a miracle from Urbain winking

Though now that you know how to free her, make sure the next time you take a character to NG+ that you get the good ending for the

Spoiler:
    Maiden in Black's Soul.

Yuria can actually give you a spell from it winking

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:

Good luck happy

You're not missing anything with the colorless souls for Yuria. The only spell those net you is a miracle from Urbain winking

Though now that you know how to free her, make sure the next time you take a character to NG+ that you get the good ending for the

Spoiler:
    Maiden in Black's Soul.

Yuria can actually give you a spell from it winking
    Really? Well, on NG+, gonna save up all of my Souls, and get that ending and spell. I want to see how it works.
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Yes, it's how you get dark magix.

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:47 am

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:Yuria can actually give you a spell from it winking
    Really? Well, on NG+, gonna save up all of my Souls, and get that ending and spell. I want to see how it works.

Imagine Undead Rapport. Now imagine instead of it hypnotizing an enemy, it just flat out kills them instantly (while granting double the amount of souls earned).

Last edited by Reaperfan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

So overpowered, it would be gorgeous.
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm

It's your ticket to power-grinding. And bladestone farming.

Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Beginner Guide to farming:

- Learn Soulsucker
    - Have World 4 at Pure Black
    - Backtrack from Old Hero Archstone
    - Slowly walk behind BP Black Skeleton
    - Soulsuck
    - ???
    - Big Profit.

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 pm

^ I just warp to Tower Knight Area, backtract to blue eyed knight, and use it on him. It's a decent amount of souls.

Also, all soul increasing stuff, including soul thirst, can stack with soul sucker. not that anyone would be insane enough to try a soul thirst + soul sucker combo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:26 pm