Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+97
ScipioAfricanus
Son of Suns
Orango19
Haize31
Maltenge
WaLKA
DeathlyLemons
ShiggyDiggyDoo
trzzy
ullr112
Zyrrashijn
Spl G33kboy
Jul1us Malema
Dieselzilla
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Oh_the_Humanity
sure-magicians
Gambs_the_Grey
mankind
eclipse prince
DonkeyKongCountry
Laveidem
harrynewgas
Jodecho
Maneater_Mildred
Venduhl
Dalerik
The_Red_Drifter
RPX
Darkfitch
Dutchy
FinPeku
crab rangoon
messremb
billy_bayonet
LunarFog
VaDoom
Jiub of Carim
Avenger649
FexDS
ManiacDiscord
Casdman
Demon Slayer
Hyena
CaptainSunbro
xB_WEEZYx
tinypantha
Slarg232
jaythibodeau
Tarkkus
Lord of Ash
WaffleGuy
Phoenix Rising
grossemesser
User1
ChillerHR
Bigbrodeur
Glutebrah
Halicarnassis
robsthedon
crbngville2
Uparkaam
Walter_White
Jester's Tears
Fry1156
Candino
shadowzninjaz
Sentiel
densetsushun
Murkulanvippi
Ghadis_God
WyrmHero
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
GrinTwist
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
CrackSouls
gmwdim
Mobfather187
BagerX2
DoughGuy
reim0027
lextune
Soris Ice Goldwing
Yukon
Carphil
Reaperfan
Baal-Avatar
Tolvo
EeAyEss
Ashran
twilightwarwolf
Somayoshi
RANT
BeeSeaEss
Myztyrio
Emergence
101 posters

EVENT: Path of the Dragon - March 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

ScipioAfricanus
    ScipioAfricanus

EVENT: Path of the Dragon - March 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC - Page 17 Empty Re: EVENT: Path of the Dragon - March 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

Post by ScipioAfricanus Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm

I had a great time. Thanks to the hosts on Xbox. I've no problems with anyone I came across, no one BS fished or WOG me. As long as people are within the build parameters who cares what buffs/weapons they use. At SL55 you have to sacrifice some stats to build others. Nothing wrong with being there to win and have fun. I know I was.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

EVENT: Path of the Dragon - March 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC - Page 17 Empty Re: EVENT: Path of the Dragon - March 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

Post by Acarnatia Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 pm

The Hornet Ring was banned? ... oops. Even with it, my backstabs only did about 500 damage...

My build was (Wanderer starting class)
    Sl 55
    Vit 28
    End 28
    Att 14
    Str 14
    Dex 18
    Int 16
    Fai 8

Or about that. I was wearing the Brigand's Pants and either: Witch's Gloves, Leather Armor, (hunter torso piece) Hollow Thief's Hood, or: Balder Armor, Witch's Gloves/Gold Hemmed Black Gloves. My weapons were a +15 BSS or a +5 Velka's Rapier, and for my offhands an Ascended Pyromancy Flame and Oolacile Ivory Catalyst or dual Oolacile Ivory Catalysts. I went back and forth between a Balder Shield, Crest Shield and Dragon Crest Shield. My rings were a RoFaP paired with either a Cloranthy Ring, Wolf's Ring or Hornet Ring. My spells were GMW, Power Within and Dark Bead. I think I did pretty well.

Those lightning claymores were my bane when coupled with high poise. I alternated between a BSS buffed with Great Magic Weapon and Velka's Rapier. Between the range of the claymores, the fact that I couldn't stun them with that much poise, (and there was one who kept BS fishing me) I was helpless when faced with them. I wasn't even able to turtle because his or her Great Combustion ate right through my health even with my shield up.

Nictimo or whatever the name was of the host with blue skin-you parried me EVERY SINLGE FIGHT. I haven't learned to parry at all yet, and obviously that showed. Well done~

Final Score: uparkaam/Smough: 1 Try-chu: 2
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I do wish I had given my Dragonoid build a longer go. He had a Chaos Scythe, but the roar +R1 never hit anyone. Every single time they were able to roll out of range of it after being staggered by the roar.

Probably got too frustrated too fast and gave up on it.

Seems like mixed reviews for the PS3 people I guess, but I thought the Xbox crowd was almost universally good, and out for fun.
    crab rangoon
    crab rangoon

Post by crab rangoon Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 pm

ChillerHR wrote:
    It's sad though if dragons were few and far between...it was dragon event, that should have been mandatory...
    ^ THIS! ^

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Ps. I also forgot to mention the large amount of elemental weapons was also sad to see, far to few dragon weapons.

I too was pretty bummed to see elemental weapons and bleed weapons (to be blunt, all bleed weapons will kill Dragon-forms quickly), not to mention that obvious BS fishing was obvious. The downside to this event is that while there were some playing in Dragon form and others playing in lul-build roleplaying fashion; but this means that anyone using a remotely optimized build could see Dragon players as easy-picking.

Dieselzilla wrote:
    I'm guessing maybe for the next event you guys should take out buffs to to help encourage creativity and also make the battles a bit more interesting.
    I feel like perhaps it should be limited to buffing with resin if at all, because if they're using resin you know they're not using elementals haha. DMB / SLB / MW / GMW / CMW, and Power Within are hardly things I want to see when I'm SL50 (but thankfully I didn't), but I brought a Crest Shield just in case. I'm just used to fight clubs only having low-tier (nearly harmless) spells or being primarily melee - but to be fair, I've never participated in a fight club arranged by this forum.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:15 pm

I dunno guys, I saw a lot of Dragons. At least half of the people I summoned had either Dragon Head, or full Dragon Body and/or had a Dragon Weapon.

I have to admit I prioritized summoning Smough, just for teh lulz. big grin
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Wait, why were elemental weapons frowned upon? Was it because this event was supposed to be with dragon weapons? Unless I'm just misinterpreting something. :|

Also, I'm extremely surprised how well my Dragon Bow and Whip did. I honestly thought those weapons were useless for close range combat. happy

gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm

ChillerHR wrote:I just want to make one thing crystal clear, I do not approve single level above 55 lvl cap, not a single one

Yeah, I noticed while hosting that although most players were dropping the same amount of souls (around 8700), there were a few that dropped more. A few uninvited invaders decided to join in on the fun and they were typically way overleveled (I think one dropped 43k souls).

It's sad though if dragons were few and far between...it was dragon event, that should have been mandatory...

I thought there were actually a decent number of dragons. And among the non-dragons, there were a good number of drake swords, moonlight greatswords, dragon greataxes, etc. Although that may be due to the sample of people I was summoning - there was a group of about 8 players whose summon signs kept showing up in my game.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm

jaythibodeau wrote:
    Also, I'm extremely surprised how well my Dragon Bow and Whip did. I honestly thought those weapons were useless for close range combat. happy

Yeah, I lol'd every time you knocked someone down with the dragonslayer greatbow at point-blank range.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 pm

gmwdim wrote:Yeah, I lol'd every time you knocked someone down with the dragonslayer greatbow at point-blank range.
    Too bad I couldn't ever beat Upark. I even got so desperate as to parry his hammer with a Dagger in my off-hand. king
    It didn't end well...
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 pm

I got summoned by the same person about 6 times. And by another like twice. I only won one match, since 80% of them were against the same Claymore user /: Claymore>Obsidian greatsword w/ no shield.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:34 pm

i did great. 20 killstreak. Only died because I ran out of humanities to heal after matches. Dragon slayer cosplay ftw
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I think some of you are missing the point that the event was to bring the forum together, not exclude people just because they don't have the time to slave over a new build (especially if dragon form was mandatory).

The whole reason it included all builds was to allow anyone- even new players who don't really know what's going on or how to get dragon weapons to have fun with the other members of the forum.

Also Myztyrio- that claymore user was a random guy putting his sign down, he actually didn't know there was an event going up, he just showed up for some fights, I have to say I had a lot of fun fighting him myself (even when I lost)
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:47 pm

I thought the point of the event was so I can prove my superiority?

Yea you're right Serious. I definitely got to know a few people because of this event.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think some of you are missing the point that the event was to bring the forum together, not exclude people just because they don't have the time to slave over a new build (especially if dragon form was mandatory).

The whole reason it included all builds was to allow anyone- even new players who don't really know what's going on or how to get dragon weapons to have fun with the other members of the forum.

Also Myztyrio- that claymore user was a random guy putting his sign down, he actually didn't know there was an event going up, he just showed up for some fights, I have to say I had a lot of fun fighting him myself (even when I lost)

Serious_Much wrote:I think some of you are missing the point that the event was to bring the forum together, not exclude people just because they don't have the time to slave over a new build (especially if dragon form was mandatory).

It was another great turnout considering even the lull in interest for the game as of late. It is great to see all these people coming together and hanging out. These are big family gatherings to boost camaraderie and solidify bonds.

Now, here is one aspect where I feel our vision is falling short and something for all of us to focus on: Education. At this point in the game's life cycle, maybe we should look into a culture change away from critique and into elevation. When glancing at the chat to get an overall sense of things, here is something I noticed: A distinct absence of tip and idea swapping, and a distinct presence of "I dislike x and y". And this is even a chat where everyone really likes each other! silly

We really need a Socratic platform where we actively and freely exchange ideas and strategies. This game is designed to learn from one's own mistakes and the challenges presented by the environment and those same approaches should be applied to the PvP meta. Our goal with these events has always been a gateway into PvP higher learning in a fun laid back environment where people can get as much as they want out of it. Coming for tips? Check. Coming to refine your game? Check. Coming for lulz? Check. But people need to be honest about what they want, make those wants clear and adjust their expectations of the results according to what they are hoping to achieve.

I box as a hobby but avoid it competitively out of long term injury concerns. If I spar and get mauled I would either laugh it off as a good workout that was a beatdown or reevaluate my approach and ask my mauler what he was seeing. There are certainly things that are harder to overcome and account for, but it I was sparring to improve in earnest, I would be investigating all the technical things I could have approached in a different way before writing off the loss to him having a simply longer wingspan.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Lol why did the editor quote Serious and do so twice???

Stupid phone...needs a nerf.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 pm

jaythibodeau wrote:
    gmwdim wrote:Yeah, I lol'd every time you knocked someone down with the dragonslayer greatbow at point-blank range.
    Too bad I couldn't ever beat Upark. I even got so desperate as to parry his hammer with a Dagger in my off-hand. king
    It didn't end well...
    I actually got anxious to fight full Smough on SL 55 so I jumped into the Pit to fight Uparkaan. Mind you I wasn't fully PvP ready, because I was goofing around with weapons, so I ended up using Rapier (thank Umbasa!) and had a lenghty match with him. I swear it felt like it took at least ten minutes. I decided to not bs and tried to parry him instead, which resulted in 85% of my HP taken away by a single hit from that ridiculous hammer. 1000 HP sucks.... :/
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Emergence wrote:Lol why did the editor quote Serious and do so twice???

Stupid phone...needs a nerf.
    Don't worry. The next patch is apparently on the way.
    Spoiler:

Sentiel wrote:I actually got anxious to fight full Smough on SL 55 so I jumped into the Pit to fight Uparkaan. Mind you I wasn't fully PvP ready, because I was goofing around with weapons, so I ended up using Rapier (thank Umbasa!) and had a lenghty match with him. I swear it felt like it took at least ten minutes. I decided to not bs and tried to parry him instead, which resulted in 85% of my HP taken away by a single hit from that ridiculous hammer. 1000 HP sucks.... :/
    Yeah. That Smough build was absolutely terrifying. I'll probably have nightmares about it soon. My score with him was 0 wins to 7 deaths or so. Prostration

By the way, did I ever fight you? If not, I'll have to add you to my list of people to kill at some point. cheers
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Lol jay, don't you dare nerf my sack, its all I have left.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Fine. We can find a compromise. How about we nerf the people without armor on? They'd slow walk instead of fast rolling. Praise the Sun
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Murkulanvippi - they should have tried. Fair game. But, if they missed . . . they'd be dead. High risk for high reward.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:42 pm

I may have had to leave after only 3 fights but I had the stream on like it was the big game. Saw a few dragons as well as dragon weapons. I'm keeping my build and fine tuning it. I botched getting Priscilla's tail so I need to play through again to get it. I targeted 2 weapons to bring: Drake sword and Priscilla's dagger. My stats were tailored to be able to use both of these with every thing else sunk into vit/end. I also wasn't able to farm enough scales to get the torso stone so I'm going for that. Keep holding these events they are awesome and help to expand my play. Love the community and these events.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

I showed up for a bit got a neato dragon host and chewed through people untill I can out of spells (died to Twilight) got a new host chewed through people til I ran out of spells...crystaled out.

Then I wanted to to make a Halberd build.

It was fun to see old names and interesting to see new ones (Murk I totally BSed your r2 I may have been the only person attending unscrupulous enough to do so.)
    harrynewgas
    harrynewgas

Post by harrynewgas Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I had fun, although i won a grand total of 1 fight, i had a good few close ones and have now found a new love for the bandit's knife big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am