Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
reim0027
Tolvo
Mr. Tart
Regal-Plexer
8 posters

Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+

Regal-Plexer
    Regal-Plexer

Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+ Empty Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+

Post by Regal-Plexer Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Anyone have any techniques or an Obsidian Sword they don't want?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+ Empty Re: Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 pm

I try to stand below his belly and roll when he stomps. When he does, his tail lands on the ground temporarily. Some wouldn't consider this the best tactic in the world, but i like it and i always succeed with it. As for the item itself, i'm on XBL.
    Regal-Plexer
    Regal-Plexer

Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+ Empty Re: Techniques of cutting Kalameet's tail of in NG+

Post by Regal-Plexer Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Right thanks, I think I'll try that one out.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Stand still right in front of him. Dodge when you need to and block if you can. When he goes for his Eye of Calamity attack, roll backwards. If it is his breathing fire down on you while standing on his hind legs attack, roll forwards and between his legs. Hit the tail. That's how I do it on NG+ and above. It can take a while though since he won't always do that attack.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm

The suggestion Tolvo had is probably easier and simpler than mine, as you'd have to be quick to do what i do. His tail is only down for a couple of seconds when he stomps. Just pointing it out. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_g0AZmAWYE

This video helped me a lot. Works like a charm.
    Regal-Plexer
    Regal-Plexer

Post by Regal-Plexer Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Oh thanks that's cool
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Yeah just stand in front of him unlocked if he stomps lock on and block if he stands run around and do a running attack. He's pretty easy to make him do what you want solo.

Coop gets strange.

Also some people say roll under legs but I think running around works better.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 pm

I've always thought co-op was the easiest way to do it. That way one could just pull him and make him do the stomp attack while you cut off the tail. silly

Or even better... Shoot it off with a Dragonslayer greatbow! Praise the Sun
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Another good idea is to cast unlocked spells, preferably large ones, like Fireballs, WoG and Dark Bead whenever he stops near you. Fireballs work exceptionally well.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 pm

In coop, I stood back and used the PHaris bow; this was only on NG, but it should work just fine on NG+. One person to keep him occupied,one to shoot it off.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm

I actually use the Gough's Bow for it, since it's a gough themed toon. But, a composite bow is the best. You'll just deal more damage in a smaller amount of time. I've noticed my Chaos +4 bow with fire arrows deal a good amount against him. I'm assuming though that +14 with large arrows would be far more effective given the resistance of Kalameet.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Yeah but he does wide arcing sweeping attacks; I'd try it, but the range you'd need would be point blank...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am

It works best when mid or fast rolling. You can just roll then when he tries anything and back off as he gets aggro onto you.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 am

I've found the scythe/gargoyle's halberd and black knight spear to be the best weapons for cutting off the tails of most dragons and espcially Kalameets. A chaos+4/+5 scythe is easily qualified for, does good damage and has a great moveset for cutting his tail. If you use any of these, I strongly suggest you light roll for the speed.
    In terms of baiting Kalameet to drop his/her tail, I keep at a mid-distance to bait the rearing-up fire-breath attack, or circle around to the right and aim to stay directly under the middle of his/her tail and bait his/her tail attack. If you're fast you can get two hits in each time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am