Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The fang boar in parish, and video strategies

Autimneus
    Autimneus

The fang boar in parish, and video strategies Empty The fang boar in parish, and video strategies

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 am

Quite a while ago I recorded this, and after only checking the 3 wikis I
    know of around 5 minutes ago did I see that this one actually mentions
    the pig suicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kToUfNEb3Gw

I was just wondering if it was possible that someone might actually want
    to embed it under strategies or something on the page.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Mecha+Boar

If not, no skin off my back. Just thought I'd suggest it for the sake of demonstration!

I also found a glitch with the prowling demon in the catacombs that
    causes him to walk endlessly in total disregard to the player, but I've
    yet to upload the footage. It works on PC and PS3 as far as I've tested,
    but isn't necessarily helpful in any way other than avoiding the beast
    for a bit while you messed about with the coffin or the eyes.

Last edited by Autimneus on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : weird formatting error)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The fang boar in parish, and video strategies Empty Re: The fang boar in parish, and video strategies

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:34 am

I've actually known of the technique, but I actually thought it was already on the wiki. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm actually very surprised often by how underrated the Alluring Skulls are. For people who have difficulty facing the hollows next to the channeller in the undead church it is excellent since you can draw them all away without even getting the channeller's attention.

I'm not all that excellent at coding the wiki, but if someone wishes to add the video be my guest. I'll just be adding it in text form.
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

The fang boar in parish, and video strategies Empty Re: The fang boar in parish, and video strategies

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:if someone wishes to add the video be my guest. I'll just be adding it in text form.

At first I thought I'd really mess up the page, but the editor is SUPER easy to use and has instructions right inside of it. I think I choose an appropriately small player size and positioning, and stuck it right under the alluring skulls strategy. I think it looks pretty good.

And yes, Alluring Skulls are under-appreciated. Their usefulness is really unlimited as long as you have an imagination! I've also used them to lure Havel into Darkroot Garden's door, he is instantly aggro, but will happily step into view of a few poison daggers from the garden side, and won't try to pursue into the area.

-Edit: Is there a reason the page redirects to mecha boar? The concept art clearly shows that it has organic bits underneath the armor, and the helmet it drops even refers to the creature as a "Fang Boar". It even has a normal boar tail on it's in-game model. I found that searching for "Fang Boar" under the wiki doesn't even come up with it for several results into the page due to this name.

Last edited by Autimneus on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : How curious.)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah it is easy to use, I'm just technically retarded. As in retarded when it comes to such technical aspects. I don't know why I don't get certain things but I just try to do what I do know how to do.

I'm actually unsure about why the page is named Mecha-Boar. It may be that it was based off of artwork or images of the game pre-launch. People got accustomed to that name and when the real name was found out rather than change the page and cause people to not know what to search for they just put "AKA Fang Boar." Changing that aspect is something I'm a bit foreign to. I'd ask Ublug, you can message him and ask him about it. He's a mod that does a lot of Wiki Editing and would probably have more knowledge about it than me. I'm sure he'd also know of a way to set it up so that Mech Boar, Fang Boar, and Dat Pig all redirection to the same page titled Fang Boar.

I also just thought I'd mention you reminded me to edit the Channeler page and add that bit about the Alluring Skulls.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/The+Channeler
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Tolvo wrote: I'd ask Ublug, you can message him and ask him about it. He's a mod that does a lot of Wiki Editing and would probably have more knowledge about it than me. I'm sure he'd also know of a way to set it up so that Mech Boar, Fang Boar, and Dat Pig all redirection to the same page titled Fang Boar.

I also just thought I'd mention you reminded me to edit the Channeler page and add that bit about the Alluring Skulls.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/The+Channeler

I'll have to send that message. But good find, I would have never thought of that in the undead church. I tend to walk into the archway to the room, themn tap backstep and use some kind of long thrusting weapon to clear 2-3 of the hollows at a time. The channeler shouldn't be able to hit you with projectiles from there, and once the hollows are down you can run in and finish him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Another trick is using a bow. Not in the way most would consider though. Those hollows share aggro as a group. If you shoot one, all of them will come charging for you. They won't aggro the balder by the steps, or even the other balder knights if they are alive. From my experiences the channeler will just stand still as the drop from beside him then run through the church to you.
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Tolvo wrote:Another trick is using a bow. Not in the way most would consider though. Those hollows share aggro as a group. If you shoot one, all of them will come charging for you. They won't aggro the balder by the steps, or even the other balder knights if they are alive. From my experiences the channeler will just stand still as the drop from beside him then run through the church to you.

Oh that is just GOLD, I wish I'd learned it sooner. That sounds like a super efficient way to get rid of them! But what if they land on the benches below? Don't loud noises alarm the 3 Balder Knights in the entryway?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 pm

It causes the Balder to turn, but if you go around the corner they won't see you. I've never tested dragging them to the elevators actually. That might provide for some interest.

Also I thought I should mention, welcome to the Forum/Wiki! cheers
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Tolvo wrote:It causes the Balder to turn, but if you go around the corner they won't see you. I've never tested dragging them to the elevators actually. That might provide for some interest.

I'm not sure they even retain aggro when you are in the elevator. Pressure Plate pressed or not, I imagine they'd just back up like the Berenike knight does when you go through the gap the fog gate would be. I would LOVE to see if I can get them all spilling down into firelink though. I should take one of my tanks over to the church and see if I can get them to ride down with me. Iron flesh should be more than enough to defend me against their swattings on the way down, especially when coupled with heavy armor.

Tolvo wrote:Also I thought I should mention, welcome to the Forum/Wiki! cheers

Thank you! This forum is great, normally I dislike forums but this community is unbelievably entertaining, and I've yet to meet a single person who isn't friendly. I got myself lost in the archives for hours the other night just absorbing all the speculation and lore. The attention the souls community gives the series is unbelievable.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Indeed, I'd talk about how nice we are but I think it's better for you to experience the forum yourself and make your own call. Me being an advertiser of a forum I'm a part of might seem just a bit off haha.

And yes the Archives can be a very fun place with a great array of ideas and speculation. We've always wanted to go through the effort of making a speculations page for the wiki. There's just too much really and speculation is just speculation after all.

I hope that you manage to get some of them into the elevator. It'd be very entertaining to bring a swarm down on Petrus.
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm

I just recorded the process. The end results were nothing I would have ever imagined, so I'm going to upload it.

Very bizarre..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Now I've got to see this.
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:Now I've got to see this.

Then it is imperative that you see!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Man, if that was totally intentional on their part From really planned ahead in regards to the weird things players would do. Interesting find.
    Autimneus
    Autimneus

Post by Autimneus Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 am

Tolvo wrote:Man, if that was totally intentional on their part From really planned ahead in regards to the weird things players would do. Interesting find.

My guess is that it prevents them from going to the firelink shrine like that because it deposits them right above all 4 clerics, which could probably cause issues were they all to become aggro'd. I might try a really long route with them, but it's tough getting anything to want to go past andre. Most refuse to go closer than the bonfire so the only other choice is to try and keep them aggressive and pull them through parish towards the bridge, then down the shortcut to upper burg and then to firelink from there.

But on second thought, I have to wonder why such effort is worth it when I can simply try to do the same with the normal burg hollows that are closer..

Last edited by Autimneus on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed we to were)
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 am

Autimneus wrote:I just recorded the process. The end results were nothing I would have ever imagined, so I'm going to upload it.

Very bizarre..

I had the exact same reaction. I wonder if it's because they're moving forward through the air at the point they'd normally stop and back off... Kind of a paradox of programming where they're not allowed to be somewhere, but they've can no longer stop themselves from going there because the jumped at you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am