Playstation 4 + Dark Souls 2

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Re: Playstation 4 + Dark Souls 2

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

It's more the fact that for me, I frankly don't have the money to just get a new ps4. I'd have to sell off my ps3 to pay for it, hence why it's a kinda either or for me. I'm sure others are in similar positions. Frankly from where I'm standing, I probably won't invest in a PS4 until my current PS3 breaks or the price drops significantly.

End all and be all is, for the foreseeable future, there's so many old games I'd love to play (and not a lot of time for them either), I think waiting it out for a couple/few more years is best for me. Really I was just discussing what features I'd consider necessary upon launch to make people wanna buy. Being able to trade in their old console for a compatible new one would aid that. All I'm saying.

That is typical miyazaki.. Though I think that's more of a sign of his next project, rather than the new souls game.. No offence to the graphics or anything, but the teaser for dksII looked nowhere near as good as some of the trailers on the ps4 announcement.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 pm

wonder if it would be possible for FROM to port it from PS3 to PS4 and have it operate on the same online servers so ps3 and ps4 can play together.

since PS4 can't play ps3 games.. it would need its own port.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 am

Glutebrah wrote:wonder if it would be possible for FROM to port it from PS3 to PS4 and have it operate on the same online servers so ps3 and ps4 can play together.

I don't think so, Sony stated many times that the architecture of the PS3's PSN and the PS4's PSN are very different and not compatible (one of the reasons products bought in the present PSN won't be downloadable in the future PS4 store, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to log in your PS3 and download them if you wish!). Making a server compatible with BOTH PSNs at the same time would be extremely hard/impossible.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:26 am

Guys, didn't you read ublug's post? Miyazaki tweteed "Playstation 4."! Now we are 100% he is working on something for it.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 am

ChizFreak wrote:Guys, didn't you read ublug's post? Miyazaki tweteed "Playstation 4."! Now we are 100% he is working on something for it.
    I'd like to think so, but it's possible he could just be enthused for it.
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:wonder if it would be possible for FROM to port it from PS3 to PS4 and have it operate on the same online servers so ps3 and ps4 can play together.

I don't think so, Sony stated many times that the architecture of the PS3's PSN and the PS4's PSN are very different and not compatible (one of the reasons products bought in the present PSN won't be downloadable in the future PS4 store, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to log in your PS3 and download them if you wish!). Making a server compatible with BOTH PSNs at the same time would be extremely hard/impossible.

CCP has said that they plan to port Dust 514 over to the PS4 eventually, and that they will try to make it so that PS3 players can play with PS4 players. As it is, we already share servers with PC players, so I wouldn't call it impossible just yet. I'm sure they're not the only ones who are planning on doing something like this either.

DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Frank_White wrote:Miyazaki is not working on Demon's Souls 2. From Software does not own the rights to the title so they can't make a new Demon's Souls. (Isn't it funny how the name of the game has a typo in it... unprofessional)
    Also Miyazaki said he is working on something that has a more positive, happier feel to it. Obviously Souls games don't that, they're all about suffering.

You have no idea what Miyazaki is working on.

Of course From can work on another DeS title if they're granted the rights to do so. That's how this works.

Miyazaki hasn't said anything about what he's working on. At one point he expressed an interest in a more light-hearted game.

Please stop being an idiot and/or troll.

Also:

Frank_White wrote:The typo is this

Demon's Souls = Demon is Souls
    Demons' Souls = souls that belong to demons

They screwed it up.

No. Demon's Souls could EITHER mean Demon is Souls (which, if you read it that way, would make you a moron) or Souls that are owned by a Demon. Demons' Souls would refer to Souls that are owned by multiple Demons.

Last edited by DE5PA1R on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh, and Sony purchased a cloud gaming company that could theoretically allow you to play any of their games on any device with powerful enough hardware and internet connection. Similar in concept to onlive.com

Sorry for double post.
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:35 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:No. Demon's Souls could EITHER mean Demon is Souls (which, if you read it that way, would make you a moron) or Souls that are owned by a Demon. Demons' Souls would refer to Souls that are owned by multiple Demons.
    The Demon in this case probably being the Old One.

Also the streaming company is Gaikai in case anyone wants to find out more about it.
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I am not going to buy a PS4 just for DkS 2. Damnit It better be on this generation! ^_^

Ouch... If in any case happens that Dark Souls 2 would be only for PS4 (and we all know that ain't gonna happen) I would immediately order PS4.
    So far, all games I want to play are coming for PS3 or to both consoles which means PS4 can be bought sometimes next year or even later when PS4 gets priority at developers.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 pm

If Dark Souls 2 comes out for PS3 and PS4, I think I would buy a PS4 just for the game.

Articles: medium.com/@de5pa1r

Tweets: twitter.com/de5pa1r
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 am

ChizFreak wrote:I don't think so, as I said countless times silly, I would bet that Miyazaki's secret project is something for the PS4, which is one of the reasons he handled the direction of Dark Souls 2 to another director, they saw the game was commercially successful so they wanted to make a 2nd one, but didn't wanted to wait for the next gen, so they assigned new directors to make DkS II and Miyazaki will make a new project for the PS4 (most likely Demon's Souls 2 or somekind of Souls-like game, who knows maybe a revival of King's Field).
    Maybe its demons souls 2? I rememberd enb hoped that Miazaki (sorry if i spelt his name wrong) would work on Des2 as a sony exclusive, sony knows that the souls series is reeling on the coin so the probably know that having the sequel Des as a launch title for the ps4 (or released shortly after like uncharted was back in 07) I dont know man this may be the start of what could be COD souls where a new souls game would be out every year.. lmao Thats if Miazaki is working on somthing souls related anyway.
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:35 am

Don't read this i just needed to vent my anger at a certain person from a previous page.
    Spoiler:

Frank_White wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:My Father's bike.

Lol yes that is a typo. You are saying "my father is a bike". What you tried to say is "my fathers' bike"

I appreciate it....but no...no I'm not. "E" for effort though Point Up

Yes, you are as wrong about this as you can be.
    's = is (always)
    s' = usually for expressing ownership of something
    no dot = usually for plural

You sure like to argue even when you don't know what you're talking about. But look it up and admit your defeat instead of embarrassing yourself.
    I bet you're one of those people who thinks you can say "I must of" when trying to say "I must have"

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ANGRY, BLOOD PRESSURE THROUGH THE ROOF. I DON'T CARE IF THIS COMMENT WAS MADE PAGES AGO OR HAS BEEN SOLVED. IT IS JUST A FINE EXAMPLE OF A COMPLETE AND UTTER CHURLISH HEDGE-BORN WHORESON. NOT ONLY HAS HE MADE A BIG FUSS OVER WHAT WOULD BE A MINOR GRAMMATICAL ERROR BUT HE IS WRONG TOO.
    s' means belonging to a group of people
    's means belonging to a single person (known as a possessive
    apostrophe)

EG the girl's bike is a bike belonging to a girl and
    the girls' bikes are bikes belonging to a group of girls.

YOU GOON

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

GRAMMAR NAZI

DISCLAIMER INVALID ON THIS POST

glad i got that out of my system.

As for which console DS2 is out on i suppose we will just have to wait and see. Oh and i expect the PS4 will do what the PS3 did. IE release old gen consoles via PSS to get a bit of extra cash. I actually think thats a good thing though. After all its very hard to get a disc copy of abes odysee these days.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I really hope any upcoming Souls stuff such as Dark Souls 2 and the possibility of a Demon's Souls is available on PS3. I don't plan on buying a PS4 for awhile and I really don't need to miss out on the fun.

Resident PvP punching bag

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 am