Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
SpecialNewb
Carphil
Shindori
IV_Mark_VI
TehInfamousAmos
T-King-667
The Letter X
Bloodpact91
Ghadis_God
Ashran
reim0027
Fry1156
Flankydizzle
jankenneth_10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
KingSeekerCow
User1
Rynn
22 posters

"I'l throw everything at you! Includin the kitchen sink! I swear on me mum!"

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

"I'l throw everything at you! Includin the kitchen sink! I swear on me mum!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "I'l throw everything at you! Includin the kitchen sink! I swear on me mum!"

Post by User1 Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Alright, so it official if you are streaming again tonight? I have nothing to do sad I agree with all of the ideas below, you could do some PvP. Sorry about last night though. I left an hour before you went to the 4 kings, so I had no idea. But I would like to see a fat roller stream. Possibly same time, and send us a link to the channel please? Thanks.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

"I'l throw everything at you! Includin the kitchen sink! I swear on me mum!" - Page 3 Empty Re: "I'l throw everything at you! Includin the kitchen sink! I swear on me mum!"

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

My real account: Kujiii, is currently silver. I don't have access to any of my completed characters. I need to finish one first.

The account was glitched: I was supposedly logged into it 5 times, and it was only saving 30 to 40 seconds of any video I was recording.

I'm going over the technical aspects of my build currently, I'll begin streaming in like... 27 min.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Same toon? New build?

Give us the new link whenever you get the chance.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

New toon.
    http://www.livestream.com/aflickeringflare
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Is it choppy for other people as well?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

^Yes
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:^Yes
    Elaborate?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 pm

It was choppy for a little bit. When you got into Blighttown (ironically) the chop got much better.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Ah, I see.
    That is a bit ironic, isn't it? silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am

Today we mostly watched me PvP for several hours.
    Since I use a strength weapon, we mostly got to watch me backstab people over and over. Anyone whom was watching that, I'd love it if you re-read what I wrote in my old thread ranting about backstabs and think of how it applied to todays stream.

Rynn wrote:

The way backstabs are implemented right now is completely wrong. The system needs to be ripped out from the roots and replanted, or not implemented at all with how it's set up...

But here is my two cents on a strength build, and it's advantages over a dex build.

With the exception of spears, most dex weapons have the liberty of swinging more often, but when the strength weapon hits; damn does it hurt, and often stun. One of my favorite strength weapons is the Greatsword. It's actually an Ultra-Greatsword, and it does thrust damage. I like to use it's heavy attack and it's rolling attack, especially on dex builds, because dex build users will rush forward and try to get a single hit on you quickly, before rolling away. However the rolling attack is boosted by the leo ring and whacks the Dex user for 1100 damage, and punishes him for being so tragically predictable.

Other forum members, and myself, have in the past discussed how spears have too little cons for their vast list of positive benefits. While not an undefeatable weapon, spears are clearly overpowered IMHO, and I think some other forum members might agree with me that they are pretty ridiculous weapons.

Strength builds are reactive builds, while dex builds are active builds. The Strength user should be reacting to the actions of the dex user, and it would only take 1 well timed blow in order to end the dex build's actions.

Currently however, instead of getting to react, the strength user ends up getting backstabbed. The strength user either continues to get backstabbed by dex users whom instead of striking, try back backstab him, or is forced to counter-backstab them, and then is left with a likely dead opponent due to how rediculously overpowered their backstabs damage was.

IMHO we'd see more strength builds without the backstab mechanic being the way it currently is.

So mostly, I was either hitting opponents after they struck at me, doing 400-500 damage a hit. I was fighting gankers, or I was fighting a person who eventually would try to backstab me and get slammed for a 900-1300 damage backstab (1300 if I equipped hornet before they tried).
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am

^I kinda agree. For the record, you're pretty damn good with that Greatsword from what I saw.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

The greatsword is my star weapon.
    The Demons Spear is my other star weapon. That's why I like using both at the same time.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 am

Nice stream last night! Sadly, today is the last day I can watch it. When will it be on? You mentioned about finding a new place to stream, but that trick was cruel, you evil person. happy
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 am

it was a nice stream , you actually made me want to make an Iron Tarkus build once im done with my Darkwraith assasin one...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 am

Bloodpact91 wrote:it was a nice stream , you actually made me want to make an Iron Tarkus build once im done with my Darkwraith assasin one...
    I'm sure you use full Black Iron +5 already on a strength build...
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 am

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Bloodpact91 wrote:it was a nice stream , you actually made me want to make an Iron Tarkus build once im done with my Darkwraith assasin one...
    I'm sure you use full Black Iron +5 already on a strength build...

i was , but it was not with the greatsword silly Am i not allowed?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am

Nice stream last night. Too bad you couldn't do Skype chat as well.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:33 am

I havnnt seen you on steam in so long D:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Nice stream last night! Sadly, today is the last day I can watch it. When will it be on? You mentioned about finding a new place to stream, but that trick was cruel, you evil person. happy
    Why is today the last time?
    I might not stream today. I'm still deciding if I want to spend 4-10 hours playing dark souls again silly

I made this build because the first one I streamed was a relatively new concept to me. I've never made a magician before that primarily used faith and pyromancy, so I didn't know where to get my spells.
    The character was actually probably salvagable if I'd just grab some sunlight spears... I might try it again later :p

Which trick was cruel?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Rynn wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Nice stream last night! Sadly, today is the last day I can watch it. When will it be on? You mentioned about finding a new place to stream, but that trick was cruel, you evil person. happy
    Why is today the last time?
    I might not stream today. I'm still deciding if I want to spend 4-10 hours playing dark souls again silly

I made this build because the first one I streamed was a relatively new concept to me. I've never made a magician before that primarily used faith and pyromancy, so I didn't know where to get my spells.
    The character was actually probably salvagable if I'd just grab some sunlight spears... I might try it again later :p

Which trick was cruel?
    The one where you pretended to be a Channel Bot. Tricked all of us. And I'm back at Uni on Monday. And I want to get some rest on Sunday. And I do hope you can try with your characters again. All of them went pretty good, especially Tribal Chief.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 pm

That wasn't a trick. Channel Bot is what I call myself when I'm in my own channel checking things up.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Why did'nt you tell us, then? If you had, then I would'nt have seen it as a deception of any kind.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm

I thought it was obvious.
    Someone mind helping me set up this twitch TV? I'm lost.
    http://www.twitch.tv/flickerflare
    Unless I just got it up?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes, it is already set up. I can hear your mic crackling, as well. But, if you're not actually videoing anything now, than it's alright.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I'll start, but I need to switch rooms, since I got it to work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm