Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
butternut86
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ManiacDiscord
7 posters

Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3?

ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3? Empty Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3?

Post by ManiacDiscord Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:56 pm

I have been considering purchasing a PS3 for a while, but the prospect of only Demon's Souls, Journey, and Twisted Metal being the only games that truly interest me on this system is not encouraging.

So I ask, is Demon's Souls so drastically different from Dark Souls that it is worth purchasing a new/used PS3 for?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3? Empty Re: Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Get a PS4 and then play old games on it.

My $0.02
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3? Empty Re: Would Demons Souls be worth buying a PS3?

Post by ManiacDiscord Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

I should have mentioned that at the momment it would not be possible to puchase a PS3, so it would be some time before I could get one. Also a PS4 is out of the question.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Well, if it's not financially feasible then I don't recommend either.
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by butternut86 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm

While Journey, Demon's and Twisted Metal are all great games, there are a lot of other great games on the PS3. In fact, I'd argue that PS3 has a better exclusive library both in quanitity and quality than the Xbox 360. To me, the only good Xbox 360 exclusives to play are Halo, Gears and Alan Wake.

Other than that, PS3 has a ton of great exclusives. Examples: Metal Gear Solid 4 (masterpiece), God of War 3, Resistance 1, 2 and 3, Heavy Rain (Terrific game), Uncharted 2 and 3, Killzone 2 and 3, Journey, Warhawk, Starhawk, Littlebigplanet 1, 2 and Karting (really unique/fun platforming games) Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles ... And some great games that are coming out are : Beyond two Souls The LAST of US.

PS3 has a lot more to offer than Demon's, Twisted Metal and Journey. There's a huge misconception among the gaming community that PS3 has no games to offer.

Demon's has a lot of differences compared to Dark. Its overall a darker world. Its also linear in comparison. However, there are some cool differences. While the NG is far easier than Dark Souls, (with exception of bosses like Flamelurker and Maneater) NG+ on Pure black world tendency is harder than anything I played in Dark Souls. I've platinumed Dark Souls, but I haven't even scratched the surface of Demon's... there's a ton of different ways to beat that game, and different things/events you can unlock based on your character tendency, or World tendency. (example: different enemies, areas to unlock etc)
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:53 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Get a PS4 and then play old games on it.

My $0.02

The PS4 does not support backwards compatibility in a traditional sense. You'll be able to buy games on PSN and stream them, which means if you're internet is bad you'll have crippling lag even on single player games.

As for the OP, I just bought my first PS3 a few days ago for Demon's Souls and Metal Gear Rising and I love it, just make sure you get some other exclusives too so you don't wear yourself out on Demon's.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:05 am

Sony wrote:Yes.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

Yes! DeS is better than DkS to me (mostly because of the servers and atmosphere). Journey is absolutely awesome.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 am

I bought my PS3 only for Demon's Souls.
    Now I play almost exclusively Demon'S Souls and Dark Souls.
    I regret nothing
    bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm