Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear Empty Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 am

Ok folks - I need some advice on fighting against an opponent using a Dragon Slayer Spear. My track record against this weapon basically sucks. The reach and intermediate level stun-lock ability is aggravating me greatly. The DSS is one of those weapons I say 'uh-oh' :shock: when I see it. This is appears to be a tough weapon to defend and attack against - are there any tips or strategies? Should I try to get inside the weapon reach and attempt to punish my opponent, fish for a back-stabs while staying out of range, switch to longer reach weapon myself, etc.

Thank in advance for any pointers anyone can provide. Also, sorry if this issue was discussed in previous thread.

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear Empty Re: Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear

Post by Yesuurd Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 am

Roll towards, parry, see them die...use high poise.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear Empty Re: Best strategy for fighting against Dragon Slayer Spear

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 am

Yesuurd wrote:Roll towards, parry, see them die...use high poise.

Yesuurd, thanks man. I figured getting inside the DSS would be good tactic. Also, I have started to carry my parry dagger with me so I will definitely try to parry the next time I encounter an opponent with this weapon.

I saw your friendly PVP video of you and 'ted0123' - looked like a great time cheers . Are you on XBox? If so - I would love to get some parry training from you - my gamertag is the same as my handle on the forum. Let me know if that would be possible and we schedule a time.

Anyone else has any alternate tactics when fighting against the DSS?
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am

I always keep a shotel on my 2nd slot. Just to take care of sheild pokers
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 am

Yes I hate going against DSS, so lame to fight like that
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Roll towards, parry, see them die...use high poise.

Yesuurd - you are the man!! Proper Bow

I used the first part of your tactic (rolling forward - but instead I do a leaping attack to decrease the distance) and it has greatly increased my ability to combat this weapon. Distance is key to the effectiveness of the DSS - I have fought two hosts who have used this weapon and I have been able to get considerable more hits in once I got inside the DSS's primary hit radius. Although, I lost both fights - my performance was much improved. Before my strategy was to hang back with shield raised waiting for an opening - this is the worst possible tactic against the DSS. I even had one of the hosts change back to his original weapon after he had switched to the DSS due the close-in strikes I was able to land. Anytime you can force an opponent change their strategy your odds of victory increases.

Now just need to work on my parrying skills.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am