What is wrong with people?

    Share
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 am

    I'd love to invade a forest and see a blue, white, gold, and host dragon all using different carvings.

    "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-"
    "Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"
    "Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv-"
    "Ttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"

    It would be glorious.
    avatar
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 447
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 20
    Location : A high plains desert

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by jaythibodeau on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 am

    Tolvo wrote:I'd love to invade a forest and see a blue, white, gold, and host dragon all using different carvings.

    "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-"
    "Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"
    "Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv-"
    "Ttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"

    It would be glorious.
    Dragon spamming the silver pendant would be the only possible counter. Those carvings are made from pure evil.
    PURE EVIL


    _________________
    PSN: jaythibodeau
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

    Oh no, I'd dragonhead some egg vermifuge then. They make a really weird noise that sort of sounds like a small animal waking up in a nest. We'd basically be a barber dragon pentet, all with thick mustaches as we sing our horrible music.
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 am

    I ran around the forest,being chased by gankers.I was leaving prism gardens with in the middle for them.Then I'd get behind them and spam the 'help me' carving until they they found me and started chasing me again.After a while,another catbro invaded and we ambushed the gankers and killed them.


    _________________
    avatar
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 44
    Location : Ng+13

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by FlorisFreakshow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

    I am totally messed up!
    Thats wrong with me...

    I died so many times, it feels like home...


    _________________
    "We can Escape from Reality, not our Karma" Shrug
    avatar
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 25
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Ashran on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 am

    Its the forest. One does not simply have fun in the forest.


    _________________

    “There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm

    Ashran wrote:Its the forest. One does not simply have fun in the forest.

    So true.Just had an entire gank squad yank out their internet cables as I killed them in turn.



    _________________
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 24

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by morte on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 pm

    KrazykevS10 wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Its the forest. One does not simply have fun in the forest.

    So true.Just had an entire gank squad yank out their internet cables as I killed them in turn.


    I don't know. It really depends on what you run into. I do pvp because pve isn't as satisfying as it used to be. Even when I run into gank squads (I am in FH), I find the challenge quite enjoyable, whether they kill me or, more rarely, I kill them.
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 25

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 am

    morte wrote:I don't know. It really depends on what you run into. I do pvp because pve isn't as satisfying as it used to be. Even when I run into gank squads (I am in FH), I find the challenge quite enjoyable, whether they kill me or, more rarely, I kill them.

    same here, Catbros are my favorite PvP covenant for that reason. the only problem i have is when people whine about how "cheap" i am...all while i'm staring down the bad end of a 3-person gank squad. i still wouldn't give it up for anything, Catbros and Gravelords FTW!

    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 40
    Reputation : -8
    Join date : 2013-02-11

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by JumpsU3vs1 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 am

    KrazykevS10 wrote:http://mmdks.com/16vv

    Went into the forest today with this build.Not only has nobody waved back at me when I greeted them,I have been mercilessly ganked by hackers and estus chugging douchebags.


    Why are you so mad for? What do you seriously expect? This is Dark Souls, and its always been like that. And personally, its why I like the game. Because of how cutthroat and ruthless it is and for how cutthroat and ruthless other players are. If you go in with an "Honor noob" attitude expecting everyone else to be honorable, then you're gonna get beat, over and over and over again, and get mad about it. Either accept that this is Dark Souls and figure out a way to play and have fun, or you should find another game.
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 25

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 am

    or you could just spam prism stones
    avatar
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 44
    Location : Ng+13

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by FlorisFreakshow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 am

    Can you meet a 3 ppl ganksquat as Catbro?
    I host there but with one phantom friend...


    _________________
    "We can Escape from Reality, not our Karma" Shrug
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 am

    Yes, you can get a 3 vs 1. And, that means no catbro backup either.

    JumpsU3vs1 wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:http://mmdks.com/16vv

    Went into the forest today with this build.Not only has nobody waved back at me when I greeted them,I have been mercilessly ganked by hackers and estus chugging douchebags.


    Why are you so mad for? What do you seriously expect? This is Dark Souls, and its always been like that. And personally, its why I like the game. Because of how cutthroat and ruthless it is and for how cutthroat and ruthless other players are. If you go in with an "Honor noob" attitude expecting everyone else to be honorable, then you're gonna get beat, over and over and over again, and get mad about it. Either accept that this is Dark Souls and figure out a way to play and have fun, or you should find another game.
    Maybe he expects the mentality of the forest not to permeate the entire game. Maybe he expects the PvP to be varied instead of being unfairly jumped over and over. Maybe he expects not to be insulted (honor noob) because he would like to see some respect and basic rules of engagement. Maybe he expects people to not be jackwagons when they either win or lose.

    And, FWIW, Dark Souls has not always been like that. Otherwise, we wouldn't see all the posts about certain PvP hotspots being ruined by people with the same mentality as you.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 47
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 44
    Location : Ng+13

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by FlorisFreakshow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am

    We play games to feel powerfull, mighty and in controll.
    When ppl use tactics (3 gank twop on spawnpoint), they ruin the game.
    As long everybody has a chance.. Its ok imo...

    Except when i shoot a catbro off the ledge at spawnpoint next to the stairs with my greatbow, i still like that one...


    _________________
    "We can Escape from Reality, not our Karma" Shrug
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 24

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by morte on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:15 am

    CappuccinoJak wrote:
    morte wrote:I don't know. It really depends on what you run into. I do pvp because pve isn't as satisfying as it used to be. Even when I run into gank squads (I am in FH), I find the challenge quite enjoyable, whether they kill me or, more rarely, I kill them.

    same here, Catbros are my favorite PvP covenant for that reason. the only problem i have is when people whine about how "cheap" i am...all while i'm staring down the bad end of a 3-person gank squad. i still wouldn't give it up for anything, Catbros and Gravelords FTW!

    I find that, even with gank squads, so long as you bow beforehand in one of the clearings, they actually fight fair for the most part, but that's just my experience.
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by befowler on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm

    I love the forest for the reliability of its mayhem. When I get tired of getting ganked, I still occasionally trot out my favorite forest invader build, my streaker. It's a guy who wears nothing but a sack (+10!) on his head, whose reason for existence is to go streaking through the woods and annoy the gankers as long as possible. His only offensive ability is stacked poison clouds, great for confusing people in the woods and of course leaping out of while nekkid.

    One of my all time favorite deaths with this build was getting trapped against a bunch of trees by 3 gankers, somehow surviving their attack spam with stationary rolls against the trees until I ran out of stamina, and then watching them spam "well, what is it" gestures to my corpse as 6 ents marched up behind them and ripped them to shreds.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 24

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by morte on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm

    befowler wrote:I love the forest for the reliability of its mayhem. When I get tired of getting ganked, I still occasionally trot out my favorite forest invader build, my streaker. It's a guy who wears nothing but a sack (+10!) on his head, whose reason for existence is to go streaking through the woods and annoy the gankers as long as possible. His only offensive ability is stacked poison clouds, great for confusing people in the woods and of course leaping out of while nekkid.

    One of my all time favorite deaths with this build was getting trapped against a bunch of trees by 3 gankers, somehow surviving their attack spam with stationary rolls against the trees until I ran out of stamina, and then watching them spam "well, what is it" gestures to my corpse as 6 ents marched up behind them and ripped them to shreds.

    Please tell me you caught that on video. I would pay good money for a decent-sized compilation of ironic, vengeful, ganker-death.
    avatar
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 28

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by XuitusTheGreat on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:34 pm

    if you wanna have jolly shenanigans in the forest you'll want this http://mmdks.com/17wr needless to say I get lots of hate mail when I break this build out haha


    _________________
    XBL: XuitustheGreat
    NeoWraith
    want a duel? PM me in game <3

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm

    I have a different opinion of the forest I guess. I mostly host. I rarely encounter bangers...depends on the day I'll admit.

    I find hosting allows me to control the tempo much better. If I have a phantom that backstabs a bow, he gets black crystal'd. 99% of the forest invaders take this as a huge sign of respect and don't %$#% with me afterwards.

    As a matter of fact, I've been left slabs, twins, etcetcetc. As soon as that same catbro invades me again, I can tell they are thinking, "Oh cool, its that cool dude."

    I also find that once you show you are looking for an even 2vs2, they'll back off because thats what most want as well. If you just wanted to jump and grief, there are much better places for that type of playstyle anyway.

    I'm not trying to bring the "honor brigade" to the forest. I am going to control my environment to suite my preferences though.

    FYI, catbros are much cooler than they are given credit for...even though they're my sworn enemy. twisted
    avatar
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 335
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-07
    Age : 28

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by XuitusTheGreat on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

    idk most catbros piss me off and I am one, I'll sometimes invade with cracked red eyes to speed up invasions and I have multiple times almost taken down a 2 man gank squad to have a blue show up, back stab me, and then defend killing me as "their kill and reds need to leave"

    message to catbros, unless a red bloody attacks you HELP THEM -,-


    _________________
    XBL: XuitustheGreat
    NeoWraith
    want a duel? PM me in game <3

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm

    XuitusTheGreat wrote:idk most catbros piss me off and I am one, I'll sometimes invade with cracked red eyes to speed up invasions and I have multiple times almost taken down a 2 man gank squad to have a blue show up, back stab me, and then defend killing me as "their kill and reds need to leave"

    message to catbros, unless a red bloody attacks you HELP THEM -,-

    That could be due to the mentality of "Kill all before host". It provides the best opportunity to gain the most souls per invasion.

    I've also met reds that...go both ways. happy
    avatar
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 149
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 25

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by CappuccinoJak on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 pm

    i kill reds on sight! i don't trust 'em. not for any particularly reason other than the possibility of "friendly" fire. also reds are more fun to fight than the host most of the time since we both are in similar situations (can't estus, no summons, no one leaves until host is dead, etc.).

    however, i've recently been just invading people JUST to throw out 99 prism stones all over the place. occasionally i get killed in the first few seconds since the host doesn't know what i'm doing. a lot of the time i actually get hosts and/or their phantoms to join in....sometimes other invaders join in the jolly bro-operation! good times.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

    morte wrote:I find that, even with gank squads, so long as you bow beforehand in one of the clearings, they actually fight fair for the most part, but that's just my experience.
    For me, the opposite is true. I get ganked no matter what. Bowing will only allow them to hit me first.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 22
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Myztyrio on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 pm

    It's actually kind of intimidating looking. I've tried it too :3


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 484
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2013-02-20
    Age : 24

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by morte on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm

    reim0027 wrote:
    morte wrote:I find that, even with gank squads, so long as you bow beforehand in one of the clearings, they actually fight fair for the most part, but that's just my experience.
    For me, the opposite is true. I get ganked no matter what. Bowing will only allow them to hit me first.

    Really? What SL are you? I'm usually about 70-80 when I do it, smaller crowd, but a much nicer one as well. 120 did have a few gankers, but since it usually turned into 2 vs 2, it was more or less fair, in my opinion.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What is wrong with people?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:38 am