Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Dilaudid281
scalpfarmer
Nybbles
Mr. Tart
GrinTwist
IIdoneus
Animaaal
BIG TIME MASTER
FattyOfDoom
Buggy Virus
Glutebrah
steveswede
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
vereornox
dsg78gaming
Sentiel
BeeSeaEss
22 posters

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Poll

New elemental weapon paths

[ 21 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_lcap68%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_rcap [68%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_lcap26%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_lcap6%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  I_vote_rcap [6%] 

Total Votes: 31
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  Empty Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

If so, what would you like to see?
    I would like to see some sort of health draining path, one that works like the server.
    (I hope this isn't a repeated thread :oops: )
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  Empty Re: Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

It may sound silly, but I'd like to see ice.
    Not only as weapon paths, but as magic as well and crystals don't count. tongue

Other than that I'm satisfied with current weapon paths (although I still see no point in Enchanted and Occult) and would like to keep them the way they are now.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  Empty Re: Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

Sentiel wrote:It may sound silly, but I'd like to see ice.
    Not only as weapon paths, but as magic as well tongue

Yea, and it could have an encumbering effect on your opponent once you fill up the "freeze" bar.
    If frozen:
    Light roll becomes med roll
    med roll becomes fat roll
    Fat roll becomes over encumbered.

What I want mostly is status effecting elements. tongue
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Freezing enemies would be extremely fun. I enjoyed bioshock when you could freeze enemies and then smash them to pieces, I could imagine freezing a few demons and using a large club two handed smashing them to a million pieces happy
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 pm

dsg78gaming wrote:Freezing enemies would be extremely fun. I enjoyed bioshock when you could freeze enemies and then smash them to pieces, I could imagine freezing a few demons and using a large club two handed smashing them to a million pieces happy

twisted
    vereornox
    vereornox

Post by vereornox Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Wind element, that would remind me of Stormruler during the Storm King boss fight
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I'd love to see Ice come into the game.

I've been sorta liking of ice/crystal related magic ever since...

Spoiler:

Anyways, it would be nice to have ice in the game, though they'd have to add a different stat for it.. or make it like pyro, but if they do then it'll make the game so unbalanced having two sets of magic only needing attunement and monetary investment...
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Non-scaling weapons are just unbalanced. If even lightning and fire return, I hope they alter them as to scale (if reduced) with something.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Non-scaling weapons are just unbalanced. If even lightning and fire return, I hope they alter them as to scale (if reduced) with something.

I swear Fromsoft did high base no scale weapons on purpose so you can be flexible with your build, plus I believe they are meant to be optional NG+ upgrades due to slabs being obtained late in the game. Perhaps your resistances should be increased rather than nerfing elemental upgrades, after all the Souls Series is primarily a single player game and yet people are requesting nerfs because of PvP. If a big nerf did happen, people would stop being really creative with their builds as their would be no point having a base stat so you can heavily invest elsewhere. Also people need to pay attention to the armour, the tattered clothes has huge fire and poison resistance so if you hate elementals, at least you would have some mighty protection against fire while being light.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

My issue is fighting people using them; it's that, at least at low levels, fully upgraded elemental weapons render most of the other strategies so weak in comparison. I'm not suggesting a large nerf, only changing the weapons to be scaling so as to make other builds at similar levels closer in viability by comparison.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm

i want elementals to be half as powerful as they are now so they are useless when compared to scaling

they should be slightly more powerful then a +10 at max scaling stats
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Adding more damage paths oftenn gets excessive. I would rather they just give greater differentiation to the current paths, as in: normal path being the best normal damage path, and the other paths having more specific benefits, and different damages having much more specific uses.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I'd like them to rework it hugely. Make Normal path do more damage and can be buffed, but won't have status affects. If elemental weapons had status affects then they'd be able to compete with +15.
    I just want little bonuses like the ice status affect mentioned earlier
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Absolutely.

I would like to take Demons Souls idea but modify it aesthetically.

Convert your weapon to stone for increased strength scaling but heavier weight and faster durability depletion (stone being hard but brittle)

Convert your weapon to Demon Iron to level out Strength and Dex scaling, increase durability, but also increase stat requirements.

etc, etc
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Yes. I think they are fine the way they are now, with the exception of weapons (and armor) not having specific soul level restrictions.

I'd also like to see ice, wind, water, or whatever...the more the merrier.

I disagree that Dark Souls is mainly a single player game. That may be the way the soul series started, but its not the way it turned out. I hope FROM considers this in development. I'm sure they will considering the patches and creation of the arena.
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:16 am

I would like to see a dedicated path for poison and toxin. Poison weapons could go to +10, or you could choose to turn a +5 poison weapon into a toxic weapon which caps at +5. Plus, something about a poison ember and toxic ember sounds epic. oh yeah...purple titanite!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a path for a poison weapon, just keep the build up to wear it would take 4-5 hits before a player in PVP could be poisoned.

I'd like to keep toxic a buff though, I think introducing a toxic path would make things a bit too hectic in PVP.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 am

If they could actually do something good, then yes, i'd like to see more elemental weapon paths. I'd rather they make sure to balance some of them before adding more though.

Something i think i'd like to see, while not really a weapon path, is being able to buff your weapons with boss souls for some kind of bonus. silly

I would like to see weapon paths that offer something else than just damage bonuses. Something that offer something else than just typical damage. Someone mentioned draining. I think that's a good and basic idea for weapon paths. For example:

A path that drains stamina at the loss of something else, another that drains health and perhaps one that damages equipment more, but has much less durability and is very expensive to repair or something along those lines.

Perhaps a weapon path that gives your weapon the possibility to damage through armor, however dealing a lot less damage, having a lot less durability, and only gaining a small percent of the buff you use on the weapon, if even possible to buff it at all.

I'd like to see some changes in textures with weapon paths too, depending on what path you take. Obviously paths such as lightning, magic, enchanted and fire are good with what they have already. But making a weapon crystal for example, i'd like it to actually look like a crystal weapon. Making a weapon divine, i'd like it to look divine, and making an occult weapon, i'd like it to look occult. A chaos weapon could simply look burnt and damaged from the fire, while still having a fire effect. Perhaps having a stronger fire effect the more humanity carried on you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 am

GrinTwist wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a path for a poison weapon, just keep the build up to wear it would take 4-5 hits before a player in PVP could be poisoned.

I'd like to keep toxic a buff though, I think introducing a toxic path would make things a bit too hectic in PVP.

Gravelord GS is toxic..

Baby's nail was toxic on DS..

I reckon that there will at least be another toxic weapon "As is tradition", but that if they bring in status effect paths, it would for sure only be poison and bleed.

Having bleed upgrade path would be cool though, a dager upgraded taking 2 hits to rip off 30% of your health. Tactics_Much?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am

i would like to see a return of the crushing (strength scaling), sharp (dexterity scaling), quality (str and dex scaling), sticky (bows), fatal (critical bonus), tearing (bleed) and mercury (poison) upgrade paths. we don't need to bring back moon or blessed weapons since we already have magic and divine upgrade paths.

the occult path should add a HP leaching ability (like the server).

the enchanted path should be changed so that it has low base damage and high magic damage that scales with humanity and can be used to damage ghosts without having to be cursed.

fire should be dropped, chaos and lightning should stay but they should be changed to have low base damage with some strength and/or dex scaling (E?), while the actual elemental part of the damage would scale with humanity.

a new ice upgrade path could be interesting. cold damage that scales with humanity and a status effect that slows stamina recovery perhaps?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm very satisfied with current upgrade paths. Before making a new one, I would prefer to tweak the current ones.

I see next to no point in Raw, Chaos, Enchanted and Occult paths and so if it was up to me, I would change them like this:

Raw
    Increase upgrade level to +10.
    Weapon on Raw +10 will do around 10% less damage than it's +15 counterpart, however it will not scale with character's stats at all.
    Pure physical damage on the level of current elemental upgrade paths.

Enchanted
    Raises damage of Sorceries by 2% per upgrade level, so on +5 it will increase damage of Sorceries by 10%. Weapons damage will be lowered from it's current state (or in comparison with Magic +10) by 10%.

Occult
    Recovers 10 HP per succesful hit and 40 upon killing strike. Weapons damage will be 5% lower in comparison with it's Divine +10 version and it will lower damage of offensive Miracles by 10%.

Next I would add visual effects to some upgrade paths.
    All of these would be very inconspicuous, so we don't end up swinging light sabers.

Magic/Enchanted paths will make the weapons blade slightly blue (different colour per path).
    Divine will make the weapons blade slightly white (shining).
    Occult will make the weapons blade slightly dark.
    Fire/Chaos will make the weapons blade red, so it looks hot, or make the blade have tiny flames, or sparks on it's surface (different colour per path).

Lastly, I would replace Chaos with Ice.

Ice
    Damage is same as other elemental paths.
    No special effects.

Weapons blade has cold air around it's surface (like a mist).
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a path for a poison weapon, just keep the build up to wear it would take 4-5 hits before a player in PVP could be poisoned.

Gravelord GS is toxic..

Baby's nail was toxic on DS..

I reckon that there will at least be another toxic weapon "As is tradition", but that if they bring in status effect paths, it would for sure only be poison and bleed.

Having bleed upgrade path would be cool though, a dager upgraded taking 2 hits to rip off 30% of your health. Tactics_Much?

I already know about some of the Gravelord GS I have no problem with one weapon being able to do that. I'm just against the idea that we should be able to upgrade any weapon to do the same thing that the Gravelord GS does.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

I think i'd like to see weapon paths made for certain weapons actually. Like hammers and clubs would have a path with some fitting name that when used, does "crush" damage. Crush would work like bleed, poison, curse and toxic, but instead would slow down the stamina and movement of your enemy to a certain extent for a short period of time.

I think bleed fits well with faster weapons like katanas, so we have that already.

Greatswords could have some kind of armor weakening. Working like poison etc etc, but when the bar is filled, the enemy armour would temporarily be weakened so that you'd do more damage for a short period of time.
    scalpfarmer
    scalpfarmer

Post by scalpfarmer Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm all about the poison and ice-ideas!
    I think there should be more advantages when choosing different paths as well, like more status effects while not nessecarliy doing more damage to make PvP more interesting.

I also think that choosing two different paths to combine (f.ex fire and poison) could be very interesting as well. All the combinations could be very interesting and it would be alot more fun to personalize your weapons!

Another interesting tweak could be like how the weapon system was made in Dark Clous(PS2), where you could "level" up your weapons and eventually disintegrate them and merge their "souls/essences" into other weapons, making them stronger and into other models. I think the weapon range in DkSII should be alot more dynamix than DkS.
    Dilaudid281
    Dilaudid281

Post by Dilaudid281 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 pm

"Slow Blade"
    - Pretty easy to guess what this would do. A build up, with each strike against an enemy would slow their movements and attacks.

"Charged Blade"
    - This would be geared as a Multiplier. The more consecutive strikes, the greater damage the individual strikes cause.

"Ice Blade"
    - Would be awesome. 'Nuff said.

"Succubus/Vampire Blade"
    - Each attack steals life, to replenish your own health. Starts off little, but as the meter fills, you steal more.

"Rust Blade"
    - Every attack would cause more and more damage to the enemy's equipment. This would have to cause little physical damage to really balance it.

"Blinding"
    - This...would basically distort the enemy's eyesight. For player enemies, it would cause their view to haze and become blurry, leading to a completely blurred and darkened view when the status bar reaches max.

Eh, those are just some ideas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 am