Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club)

Skentuey

Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club) Empty Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club)

Post by Skentuey Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 am

Hi im wondering, assuming the following criteria, which variation of the Reinforced Club will do most damage.
    Weapon in question is as said +15 reinforced club vs + chaos or lightning+5 reinforced club...
    assuming...
    1: No buffs are used on the +15 club (no CMW, Resins etc)
    2: Str is at 40 for maximum scaling
    3: 2handing the weapon

Which one would dish out most damage per hit with these criteria? And how big would the difference be?

The lightning club would have 484 damage and the normal scaling one would have 438. Here on paper the lightning club obviously wins, but since im so confused about how damage is calculated i woudl like to know which one would actually cause most damage per hit?
    Appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club) Empty Re: Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club)

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 am

The damage of elemental and magic weapons is divided into two types.
    Physical and elemental/magical.
    While the damage seems higher thanks to higher AR, it's split into two damage types and thus has to go through two defences instead of one, resulting in less actual damage dealt to your opponent.

A simple math example:
    +15 Weapon with 500 AR does 400 damage to opponent with 100 Defences in all damage types.
    Elemental weapon with 550 AR does 350 damage to opponent with 100 Defences in all damage types.

The difference is small, around 10%, or so, but it is there.
    Also, being able to buff the weapon can be a huge bonus, depending on your build.

When applied to Reinforced Club, it will do the most damage on +15, as long as you have stats for it.

Another interesting thing is, that +15 stunlock better than other upgrade types.
    Skentuey

Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club) Empty Re: Elemental vs Pure Str scaling damage in PvP (reinforced club)

Post by Skentuey Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

Really? The physical weapons have better poise reduction per hit or just the hit frequency or what:O?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 am

Watch this educational Dark Souls video by EWGF, it should answer your question better than I can. Stunlocking starts at 2:54.

Note that this was recorded before the latest patch, so MLGS doesn't have infinite stunlock anymore. Not it's 2H R1 at least...
    Skentuey

Post by Skentuey Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 am

Ah, interesting i just found this video. Had no idea. Usually i noticed with my reinforced club +15 i get in 3 hit combos before they can roll away, but the reinforced club has no combo. so i dont know what makes it possible to roll at the third and not second or after the first. And is it likely that with lightning i could get 1 less hit in? Thing is i decided to make a 27str build (equals 40 when 2handing) and im loving the reinforced club, but when i saw lightning version had about 40-50 more damage i got worried that maybe i should stayed base str and gone elemnental, but maybe not afteralll? Im pure strength so thats why no buffs, but i do use Resins, i guess they make up for it?silly
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 am

Resins add very little damage, but you can get your enemy poisoned with them, which in addition to bleed that Reinforced Club does is cool.

Reinforced Club has infinite stunlock on it's 2H R1. You can mash your opponent until he dies, or you run out of Stamina, however one can escape stunlock with Toggle Escape. It's on EWGF's videos. I recommend taking a look on all of them. winking
    Skentuey

Post by Skentuey Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am

Really? i never got infinite stunlock, sure they didnt fix it?
    So a +15 reinforced club with poison resin should be considerably more dangerous than a +5 lightning one? And i do indeed use the poison resin but i never even got the bleed effect off on an enemy player ;P
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am

Skentuey wrote:Really? i never got infinite stunlock, sure they didnt fix it?
    So a +15 reinforced club with poison resin should be considerably more dangerous than a +5 lightning one? And i do indeed use the poison resin but i never even got the bleed effect off on an enemy player ;P
    It has both, infinite stunlock and bleed, but a lot of PvP players know how to avoid them.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 am

the only time you should use elemental weapons is if you have base stats to weild a weapon. if you invest stats in a scaling one like you have 40 str, always use the +15
    Skentuey

Post by Skentuey Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Glute, im aware if i DO have scaling stats, but i was just thinking if i should have made it different to start with:) But now it doesnt matter anyway since my gamedata is corrupted to hell or whatever the hell is going on:(
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

You can't really compare the dmg of an elemental vs regular without factoring in that if you go elemental sure you have less dmg, but you have waaaay more health/stamina for instance. That is why elemental builds have always been considered "dirty" or "cheap" builds. The draw back is you may run into someone that has high physical def and high def in the element that you are using!

I mean a elemental claymore need 16 str 10 dex, if you were to go +15 you need at least say 28 str 40 dex(I love mura builds). That's 42 points extra that's a huge difference now your build has 60 or more into end and health!

But as far as resins gold pine is pretty OP man it adds something like 150 AR that's huge!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm