Artorias Mode in the game?

GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Artorias Mode in the game?

Post by GenericUsername on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Recently I've started to wonder about how an Artorias mode would work in game. Artorias mode would of course be playing through the game as artorias with his attack set. In older castlevania games like Curse of darkness and symphony of the night there was usually a " trevor mode " where you would play the same levels and everything as Trevor but you couldn't use the same power ups or weapons since you were stuck as a different character. That of course made the game even harder to play.
    Or possibly having a DLC that just let you play as artorias through his timeline?
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Artorias Mode in the game?

Post by lalliman on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 pm

The first idea, although fun, would be strange and i can imagine many people would find it too weird to be enjoyable.
    An extra ministory where you play as Artorias could be awesome, but it might contradict the spirit of Dark Souls, with some of the epic moves Artorias would be able to do.
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:12 pm

lalliman wrote:The first idea, although fun, would be strange and i can imagine many people would find it too weird to be enjoyable.
    An extra ministory where you play as Artorias could be awesome, but it might contradict the spirit of Dark Souls, with some of the epic moves Artorias would be able to do.
    I don't know, maybe only have it unlockable once you reach a certain playthrough? Help balance the damage out.
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm

That would be...weird. While it sounds nice, don't forget that Dark Souls isn't your typical RPG and it doesn't have a linear storyline that's clear cut from the beginning. Keep that to the linear RPGs.

lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:35 pm

GenericUsername wrote:
    lalliman wrote:The first idea, although fun, would be strange and i can imagine many people would find it too weird to be enjoyable.
    I don't know, maybe only have it unlockable once you reach a certain playthrough? Help balance the damage out.
    The damage isn't the problem, it's his moveset, especially those super-human jumping attacks. He fights a lot like a character in your average hack n slash game would, which isn't exactly what Dark Souls is aiming for.
    Playing as a non-customizable pre-designed character seems un-Darksoulsy as well.

Don't get me wrong, i like the idea. But it needs some thinking...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am