Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Share
    avatar
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-15
    Age : 26
    Location : Tn

    Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Henkyona on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm



    _________________
    I don't know everything, I only know what I know.

    PSN- Henkyona
    XBL GT- BX29 MAN COW
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Carphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm

    hmmm I saw that a while ago, the dialogue is nice, but if I remember, my opinion was that the boss fight is even better without it. Artorias is supposed to be hollow like Gwyn and like the player, so no talking


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    Sanhedrim
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 27
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-02-05

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Sanhedrim on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 pm

    I knew about the cut lines, but I hadn't actually listened to them until now. Would have preferred a deeper voice, to be honest, though that comment about humans being "more than pure dark" is very intriguing.

    I wouldn't have minded if he spoke, but one thing I found refreshing about Dark Souls is how the bosses waste no time in getting on with the killing. Well, except Gwyndolin.
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:24 pm

    Sanhedrim wrote:I knew about the cut lines, but I hadn't actually listened to them until now. Would have preferred a deeper voice, to be honest, though that comment about humans being "more than pure dark" is very intriguing.

    I wouldn't have minded if he spoke, but one thing I found refreshing about Dark Souls is how the bosses waste no time in getting on with the killing. Well, except Gwyndolin.
    He's such a drama queen.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 171
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-10-29
    Age : 32

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Conrack on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

    I'm all for boss monologues, (ever fought vayne solidor from Final Fantasy XII or hell even almost every Seymour fight in FFX) kind of sad this wasn't in the game.


    _________________
    Why guard a rock, when I can stand at the foot of an army set to rule the world.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:27 am

    "My name is Legion,
    for we are many."


    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 am

    Love your location, skare!


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:01 am

    Gotta promote that thread a little while longer at least. big grin

    On topic I'm conflicted. I like the voice but not sure it's what I had in mind. However the contrast between appearance and voice is kinda creepy. Also, the rage is superbly captured. Insanely well. And of course the "chorus" of the abyss on backing vocals is sweet

    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 am

    I would've loved to hear his groaning and grunting. Not because I'm a sick freak who thinks it's a little sexy(entirely), but because it would give you the painful knowledge that he WAS at one time human too.

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 am

    Was he really a human? He's so big compared to the player character.

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:38 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Was he really a human? He's so big compared to the player character.
    Were any of the four knight human?, Is the question. Though at least we put the poor man out of his misery and dark insanity. My opinion: Letting him live through that is a fate worse than anything I can think of.


    _________________
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:49 am

    Ok I shouldn't have said human. He was probably some sort of giant. His body size is similar to Ornstein, Priscilla, and the giant skeletons.

    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Hue on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:16 am

    I would have liked him to have a somewhat deeper voice, Vamos too.

    British accent doesn't fit a centuries old blacksmith king-skeleton that uses coffins as forges an has a beard made out of bones
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by densetsushun on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 am

    Carphil wrote:hmmm I saw that a while ago, the dialogue is nice, but if I remember, my opinion was that the boss fight is even better without it. Artorias is supposed to be hollow like Gwyn and like the player, so no talking
    I don't think he was meant to be hollow, he was taken by the abyss, not afflicted by the Undead curse.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Carphil on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 am

    densetsushun wrote:
    Carphil wrote:hmmm I saw that a while ago, the dialogue is nice, but if I remember, my opinion was that the boss fight is even better without it. Artorias is supposed to be hollow like Gwyn and like the player, so no talking
    I don't think he was meant to be hollow, he was taken by the abyss, not afflicted by the Undead curse.

    yea but its pretty much the same. His mind is all screwed by the abyss magic, hes completely gone. Its just a body with a few memories, sad and raging, like any other cursed undead


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 am

    Hachouma wrote:I would have liked him to have a somewhat deeper voice, Vamos too.

    British accent doesn't fit a centuries old blacksmith king-skeleton that uses coffins as forges an has a beard made out of bones

    I definitely see what you mean, it's just like when they give ancient Greeks British accents. Why in the world would the 300 talk like the English?

    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by densetsushun on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 pm

    Carphil wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Carphil wrote:hmmm I saw that a while ago, the dialogue is nice, but if I remember, my opinion was that the boss fight is even better without it. Artorias is supposed to be hollow like Gwyn and like the player, so no talking
    I don't think he was meant to be hollow, he was taken by the abyss, not afflicted by the Undead curse.

    yea but its pretty much the same. His mind is all screwed by the abyss magic, hes completely gone. Its just a body with a few memories, sad and raging, like any other cursed undead
    I disagree, being taken by the Abyss means darkness set into him, but it's doesn't mean he's lost his mind completely. I can definitely see Artorias with dwindling sanity working, somehow warning the player from proceeding but you as the Chosen Undead having to face him anyway to save Oolacile. The state we see him in now is probably due to the circumstances which caused From to cut the dialogue from the game.

    Sanhedrim
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 27
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-02-05

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Sanhedrim on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:30 pm

    I don't think he's wholly taken in by the Abyss, either. Oolacile residents don't attack each other, yet Artorias still recognizes them as an enemy despite being corrupted, too. That much is still left.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by densetsushun on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:11 pm

    That's a very good point, and yet he could be out of his mind enough to attack anyone in his blind rage. We don't know how Artorias could've been just judging by these cut dialogues, we only know what he might have said. The opening cinematic could've been entirely different had From not cut the extra parts for Artorias.

    Frankly, I believe From wanted to do a lot more with Artorias from the onset of development for DkS but it's just been pushed aside and cut due to time constraints and the importance of the main story. Sif as a boss makes me think Artorias has a larger impact on the story than just being a legendary knight, it seems almost disjoint to include Sif if Artorias didn't have such a large role in DkS lore.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Knight Artorias Cut dialogue!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 am