You were not summoned

    Share
    avatar
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 240
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 21
    Location : British Columbia, Canada

    You were not summoned

    Post by Coryf2209 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 pm

    I was invading in the forest as a catbro, and it said "Invading another world" followed about 7 seconds later by "You were not summoned". I've never seen this before, has anyone else? What causes this to happen?


    _________________
    PSN - Coryf2209
    Steam - _MN_Chance
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by ChizFreak on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 pm

    WTF


    Last edited by ChizFreak on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 240
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 21
    Location : British Columbia, Canada

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Coryf2209 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:WTF
    What is your "WTF" directed to?
    Is this some kind of anomaly, or is it directed to me not knowing something thats totally obvious that I'm somehow missing?


    _________________
    PSN - Coryf2209
    Steam - _MN_Chance
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by reim0027 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 pm

    I think it was directed at your issue being an unusual one.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 240
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 21
    Location : British Columbia, Canada

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Coryf2209 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 pm

    It isn't really an issue as much as something that piqued my curiosity as to why I was just blocked out of a PVP match with a message I've never seen before, and apparently, noone else has either.


    _________________
    PSN - Coryf2209
    Steam - _MN_Chance
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:26 am

    Coryf2209 wrote:I was invading in the forest as a catbro, and it said "Invading another world" followed about 7 seconds later by "You were not summoned". I've never seen this before, has anyone else? What causes this to happen?

    sorry but i must clear this up
    there are no catbros
    only sunbros..


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by GrinTwist on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 am

    There are some times issues that once you summoned as a red phantom in a game you come out as a white phantom instead from what I've heard.

    This could be something like that where you were being summoned to invade by Alvina but instead the game may have tried to summon you as a white phantom. Either way it failed to work all together.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.
    avatar
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 240
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 21
    Location : British Columbia, Canada

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Coryf2209 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:00 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:There are some times issues that once you summoned as a red phantom in a game you come out as a white phantom instead from what I've heard.

    This could be something like that where you were being summoned to invade by Alvina but instead the game may have tried to summon you as a white phantom. Either way it failed to work all together.
    That's happened before, where I invade as a white phantom(in the FH spawnpoint waaaay over where the ents are, no less), and helped kill the invader. We both and ganked for a bit.


    _________________
    PSN - Coryf2209
    Steam - _MN_Chance
    avatar
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 510
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-05-01
    Age : 42
    Location : Scotland YEEEAH

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by FattyOfDoom on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm

    Maybe you were on his block list? Or him on yours?


    _________________
    Billy-Bayonet wrote:I'll Dark Lord your *** so hard, you'll walk like John Wayne for a month!


    Acidic Cook wrote:Ejaculation of the Gods in front of a woman is considered dishonourable... you use Emit Force to make her Ejaculate; That is considered honourable.


    PSN: Helmethed, add me if you wish to duel.
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by GrinTwist on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm

    Coryf2209 wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:There are some times issues that once you summoned as a red phantom in a game you come out as a white phantom instead from what I've heard.

    This could be something like that where you were being summoned to invade by Alvina but instead the game may have tried to summon you as a white phantom. Either way it failed to work all together.
    That's happened before, where I invade as a white phantom(in the FH spawnpoint waaaay over where the ents are, no less), and helped kill the invader. We both and ganked for a bit.

    The forest has been known to be a place that has a lot of glitches, this just must have been another one of them where the invading catbro turns out to be the invading co-op bro.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Myztyrio on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm

    Maybe when the game was created, they implemented the summoning and invading process to follow very similar guidelines. That would explain why most of us, at times, have been either summoned when trying to invade or invaded when trying to get summoned. Maybe as a precaution for this, they put in a script that says "You were not summoned," in case of something like this? Sort of a hidden message in DkS.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Carphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:25 pm

    Post pics!!! big grin


    EDit: and yes, you can use your cellphone glorious quality


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 240
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 21
    Location : British Columbia, Canada

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Coryf2209 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 pm

    Carphil wrote:Post pics!!! big grin


    EDit: and yes, you can use your cellphone glorious quality
    I tried to get my camera, but alas, it was gone. It's just so rare.


    _________________
    PSN - Coryf2209
    Steam - _MN_Chance
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Slarg232 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm

    Shoot, lately if I try to connect to someone as a Catbro and they disconnect after I get summoned, I see "With the Rite of Kindling, you may kindle bonfires further than usual", or whatever that messege is.


    _________________


    avatar
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 25
    Location : San Diego

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 am

    xB_WEEZYx wrote:
    Coryf2209 wrote:I was invading in the forest as a catbro, and it said "Invading another world" followed about 7 seconds later by "You were not summoned". I've never seen this before, has anyone else? What causes this to happen?

    sorry but i must clear this up
    there are no catbros
    only sunbros..
    Me and my Catbros have killed more Sunbros then you could possibly imagine!

    Alvina save you for besmirching our good name, and trampling our hollowed ground.


    _________________
    Gamertag: Bayou Bulldog

    PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by billy_bayonet on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

    catbros sunbros...all the same, you all fall to the darkwraith's winking


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: You were not summoned

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 pm