How do you co-op?

Poll

Do I really need to write the question again?

[ 33 ]
    97% [97%] 
    [ 1 ]
    3% [3%] 

Total Votes: 34
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: How do you co-op?

Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:People really get Power Within from the 2nd fire? I guess it's the people who like hosting in the Depths.

I didn't even know that doing so was possible for a long time, TBH.

I knew it was possible, but I've never done it that way. I prefer going from the top down. It's a lot easier.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:People really get Power Within from the 2nd fire? I guess it's the people who like hosting in the Depths.

I didn't even know that doing so was possible for a long time, TBH.

I knew it was possible, but I've never done it that way. I prefer going from the top down. It's a lot easier.

I was just picking an instance of the top of my head. I dont know actually, I'm sorry.

I just remeber one time this dude went all around the swamp, got the firekeepers soul, stood around forever, went back up the ladders somewhere....

By this time I'd burned through a million mosses, left him some, pretty much thought he was about outta flasks.....then boom. He died. He either fell off somewhere or something I dont remember.

I guess my point is that it costs time and money, something I like to not waste. I think sometimes hosts can be a little bit disrespectful in this regard.

I dont mind getting the firekeeper's soul and then going to Quelaag I guess.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Some people just see co-op as a means of getting souls. If they get pissy because I'm exploring rather than heading straight for the boss then they're entitled to BC out, but they shouldn't leave their sign near a bonfire if they want to be near a boss door.

Plus, I always summon two people, generally cos I like sharing the fun, but also because if one BC's out I've got another to help me - plus, I can just go back to the bonfire for another phantom.

As for being a phantom, I enjoy helping people, pointing out little secrets (especially when you can tell they're there for the first time, picking up items) and helping them get past annoying areas. Plus you get souls from a run-through anyways, people who can't be bothered going through a whole area obviously aren't as good as they think they are.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 pm

psychichobo wrote:Some people just see co-op as a means of getting souls. If they get pissy because I'm exploring rather than heading straight for the boss then they're entitled to BC out, but they shouldn't leave their sign near a bonfire if they want to be near a boss door.

Plus, I always summon two people, generally cos I like sharing the fun, but also because if one BC's out I've got another to help me - plus, I can just go back to the bonfire for another phantom.

As for being a phantom, I enjoy helping people, pointing out little secrets (especially when you can tell they're there for the first time, picking up items) and helping them get past annoying areas. Plus you get souls from a run-through anyways, people who can't be bothered going through a whole area obviously aren't as good as they think they are.

I think thats a little harsh. Most hosts have 2 phantoms by the time they get to the boss fogs, I just hate being one of those phantoms that has a host without flasks.

Imo most hosts have the common courtesy to explore on their own time. To each their own I guess.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Animaaal wrote:Imo most hosts have the common courtesy to explore on their own time. To each their own I guess.

If they did that then you wouldn't have the pleasure to watch them get eaten by a chest.

Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 am

I had the weirdest coop session. This guy summoned me at the 2nd bonfire in Blighttown then all of a sudden BC me out because I didn't drop down where the dragon scale was. I was like Wtf?

:Edit:: Then he/she resummons me and we kill Queleeg. Odd person. :
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 am

^ That reminded me of something.

Once I was summoned in the butterfly area. Then I got the, "Sent home by master of world", message a few sec. later.

Then I was summoned in Blightown and heard the black crystal sound a sec. later. Then I got the, "Sent home by master of world", message.

Why do people summon me just to kick me out a few sec later?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Maybe something comes up?

I've done it sometimes. Go to sit and play dark souls, summon someone, and then something in real life interrupts. A knock at the door, the miss wanting to go out, whatever. So I need to shut off the game, but no way to do it cleanly without bc'ing the phantom then exiting.

No time to send them a message either really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 pm